Author Topic: A RACE based INSULT of the worse kind  (Read 4695 times)

hemm

A RACE based INSULT of the worse kind
« on: March 13, 2011, 08:44:35 AM »
 ::rant:: This will surely help. What are the city and government doing to raise the education level of the people that couldn't pass? Lowering standards WILL NOT DO THAT. What greater insult to lower standards based on skin color/ethnicity. ::rant::

Oh, and the fire department is next.  

link @abc

Link to article below

City agrees to lower test scores for police exam

By Lucas Sullivan, Staff Writer   Updated 12:27 PM Thursday, March 10, 2011

DAYTON — The city’s Civil Service Board and the U.S. Department of Justice have agreed on a lower passing score for the police recruit exam after it was rejected because not enough blacks passed the exam.

The city lowered both written exams a combined 15 points that resulted in 258 more people passing the exam, according to a statement released Thursday by Civil Service officials. The agreement allows the city to immediately resume its plans to hire police and firefighters.

The original passing scores determined by Civil Service required candidates to answer 57 of 86 (66 percent) questions correctly on one portion and 73 of 102 (72 percent) on the other.

The lowered benchmark requires candidates to answer 50 of 86 (58 percent) questions correctly and 64 of 102 (63 percent) of questions on the other.

A total of 748 people passed the exam under the new benchmarks. It is unclear the demographics of those who passed.

The passing candidates will undergo preliminary background checks and, once that hurdle is cleared, will be subject to an oral interview. Those dates have not been determined.

The Justice Department’s rejection of the passing scores last month delayed the city’s firefighter’s exam that was slated for April 2. A makeup date has yet to be set for the exam.

The city said it wants to put new hires on the street in both police and fire departments by next year to replace dozens of retirees that have left public safety forces near all-time lows.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: A RACE based INSULT of the worse kind
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:04:21 AM »
God, I thought this kind of blatant racist quota crap was dealt with and dismissed.

It sure rings a helluvalot like THIS CASE to me, and it seems obvious that if challenged in court, this will go down in flames. There's no other reason for Holder to force this issue other than to pit the races against one another again.

God, how I despise these people. I hate them to the core of my being.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
Part of the proglodyte plan to dumb-down all police forces and the military so that they can come after us bitter-clingers who still believe in stuff like merit, freedom, liberty and rule of law.

::mooning::

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 12:26:09 PM »

"My people" 
http://abc.daytonsnewssource.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wkef_vid_6103.shtml
It’s a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
He's be more honest...still a POS...but more honest if he said...

"My stupid can't cut the mustard people"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
There's no political solution for this. You just have to let the whole rotten system collapse under the weight of its own corruption and incompetence.

Even though it is going to result in some very difficult times, strange as it may sound I'll be perfectly honest - I don't dread or fear the inevitable collapse, I welcome it. It's the only thing that might actually motivate a return to reality based on empirical results. The country as a whole has become like a self-delusional addict, and like the addict it will have to hit rock bottom before it starts the healing process.

"Hitting rock bottom" will be brought on by many things, but definitely one of them is when your essential emergency services are populated by the least competent and qualified, and not by accident but as a matter of deliberate policy.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 01:26:47 PM »

Neighborhoods with its own private security force.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »

The city said it wants to put new hires on the street in both police and fire departments by next year to replace dozens of retirees that have left public safety forces near all-time lows.

And the ignorant , illiterate bastards won't even be able to fill out a parking ticket !

hemm

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 02:26:18 PM »
There's no political solution for this. You just have to let the whole rotten system collapse under the weight of its own corruption and incompetence.

Even though it is going to result in some very difficult times, strange as it may sound I'll be perfectly honest - I don't dread or fear the inevitable collapse, I welcome it. It's the only thing that might actually motivate a return to reality based on empirical results. The country as a whole has become like a self-delusional addict, and like the addict it will have to hit rock bottom before it starts the healing process.

"Hitting rock bottom" will be brought on by many things, but definitely one of them is when your essential emergency services are populated by the least competent and qualified, and not by accident but as a matter of deliberate policy.
G32......these fricking morons are beyond "Hitting Rock Bottom". They are there and are calling for heavy equipment and explosives so they can keep on going.

When not if, tshtf, its going to be a mess, of epic proportions...........

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »
Part of the proglodyte plan to dumb-down all police forces and the military so that they can come after us bitter-clingers who still believe in stuff like merit, freedom, liberty and rule of law.

::mooning::

::rockets::

This is why we have an overabundance of idiots in the police force with nary a thought o what the Constitution is and represents. Think about it in this way, if the technology was available to install androids or robotic cops on the street, these asshat progressives would do it in a heartbeatknowing full well that they could easily program the new technobots to ignor the constitution and the rights it protects. ::falldownshocked::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline bullonay

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »
Ain't it great that Affirmative Action is alive and going strong...

::puke::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 12:21:30 AM »
Ain't it great that Affirmative Action is alive and going strong...

::puke::

Yeah, here's to hoping that after Obama and Holder, America has had enough affirmative action.

Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:53:48 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 07:49:50 AM »
They started lowering test standards for the Houston Police Department way back in the 70's. We objected then, and still do.

Hey, I escaped having to pay for some speeding tickets because the AA police officer didn't know how to write out the ticket correctly, so it worked for me. :)
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 08:42:56 AM »
I see this as the Obama administration coming right out and staying, Black are genitically inferior.

There is no other way of spinning this.

Blacks are genitically inferior...thereby we have to lower the standards.

What's the solution?  Some elected Republican has to call Obama on this.  In this fashion.  Force the issue to the forefront.  Or it will just continue.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
I see this as the Obama administration coming right out and staying, Black are genitically inferior.

What's the solution?  Some elected Republican has to call Obama on this.  In this fashion.  Force the issue to the forefront.  Or it will just continue.

The other option is that they are saying that decades of race-based preferences have not worked, and must continue in perpetuity, which means... that Blacks are genetically inferior and cannot succeed without race-based preferences....

Nevermind. You had it 100% right to begin with.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 09:05:02 AM »

What's the solution?  Some elected Republican has to call Obama on this.  In this fashion.  Force the issue to the forefront.  Or it will just continue.

That ... and they're touting the notion of their "nobility" as an historically oppressed "people" while they're at it. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »
Can I take advantage of the 'black' rules?
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 10:12:57 AM »
No.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 12:54:23 PM »
The sad part is the "standard", before it was lowered, was 66% correct answers. 66 friggin %. ::hysterical::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.