Author Topic: More statist intervention into areas once reserved for parents  (Read 8143 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: More statist intervention into areas once reserved for parents
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2012, 03:34:31 PM »
I don't know why the teacher was suspended when she was following "the Department of Health and Human Services regulations on Pre-K nutrition issued in August 2011" which say "Sites must provide breakfast and/or snacks and lunch meeting USDA requirements during the regular school day......  When children bring their own food .... if the food does not meet the specified nutritional requirements, the center must provide additional food necessary to meet those requirements."

Per the dead-tree copy, March 2012 Vol. 21 No. 3, of the Carolina Journal, which I receive once a month, in the article titled "DHHS Defends Lunch Inspections" is this first paragraph:

"Even though government officials admit mistakes were made in the way a Hoke County preschool program handled lunches students brought from home, they continue to enforce the regulations that caused a nationwide uproar".

Furthermore:

"And, according to the mother of the 4-year-old who first objected to the school's inspection of her homemade lunch, the school continues to give her daughter milk every day, against her wishes."  Because the cheese on her sandwich does not satisfy the USDA's dairy requirement.

This is a federal USDA program, "supervised" by NC's food nazis.  Letters are routinely sent home to parents advising them what MUST be in their 4 year-old's lunches or it was be supplied by the school and the parents billed.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »
Pardon my cynicism but I am guessing that this suspension is fully paid or as normal people would call it: a paid vacation.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2012, 04:00:02 PM »
Probably paid, but why the teacher was suspended is a mystery, as I wrote.  She was following the guidelines under the watchful eye of the DHHS "inspector" that was present.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/display_exclusive.html?id=8841
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »
Probably paid, but why the teacher was suspended is a mystery, as I wrote.  She was following the guidelines under the watchful eye of the DHHS "inspector" that was present.

Just a sacrifcial lamb for the good of the team. Cowards.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »

Just a sacrifcial lamb for the good of the team. Cowards.

yeah. Kinda like the "Rick Santorum" of the local school district. Sometimes ya gotta take one for the team.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson