Author Topic: Economic 9/11 Warning Bells  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Economic 9/11 Warning Bells
« on: February 28, 2012, 07:58:02 AM »
“When money stops flowing to the man on the street, blood starts flowing in the street,”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/buy-a-gun-keep-your-powder-dry-economists-warn-of-looming-economic-911/

As more and more people speak out, it just indicates we are getting closer and closer to the fit hitting the shan.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Economic 9/11 Warning Bells
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:55:09 AM »
“When money stops flowing to the man on the street, blood starts flowing in the street,”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/buy-a-gun-keep-your-powder-dry-economists-warn-of-looming-economic-911/

As more and more people speak out, it just indicates we are getting closer and closer to the fit hitting the shan.

Yeah, when the MSM reports it you know its only because they are being forced to.

These dire forecasts differ sharply with the brighter outlooks being espoused by the bulls, or optimists, on Wall Street. Recent stock performance and fresh readings on the economy also suggest a future that is less gloomy than the doomsayers predict.
The Dow, for instance, is in rebound mode and has climbed back to levels not seen since the early days of the financial crisis in May 2008. Tech stocks in the Nasdaq composite are trading at levels last seen in 2000. Data on auto sales, manufacturing and consumer confidence have been firming. Job creation is also on the rise. The unemployment rate dipped to 8.3% in January, its lowest level in three years.As a result, stock market strategists such as Rod Smyth of RiverFront Investment have been raising their outlooks for 2012. Smyth raised his target range for the S&P 500 to 1250-1500. If the market hits the top of the range, stocks would have risen 10%. Similarly, Brian Belski, strategist at Oppenheimer, recently said he remains comfortable with his year-end 2012 target of 1400. That's up 2.5% from here. Bespoke Investment Group published research that shows the market, which is closing in on a new bull market high, has done well in the past once it breaks through old highs.

After seeing this study about how liberals "think"  I see kitten's everywhere. The liberal will read and focus only on the above paragraph. As long as someone blows sunshine up his @ss, he will be happy.

Look a snake "cuddling" with  a Bunny! How Cute!

Having a hard time concentrating on the bunny? A liberal won't

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:22:24 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
Once the meltdown hits, he says, it will lead to social upheaval, anti-government sentiment, a devalued U.S. dollar, and skyrocketing unemployment.

“Celente won‘t rule out another financial panic that could spark enough fear to cause a run on the nation’s banks by depositors,” USA Today reports. “That risk could cause the government to invoke ‘economic martial law’ and call a ‘bank holiday’ and close banks as it did during the Great Depression.”

That's really giving me the warm and fuzzies.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »
Once the meltdown hits, he says, it will lead to social upheaval, anti-government sentiment, a devalued U.S. dollar, and skyrocketing unemployment.

“Celente won‘t rule out another financial panic that could spark enough fear to cause a run on the nation’s banks by depositors,” USA Today reports. “That risk could cause the government to invoke ‘economic martial law’ and call a ‘bank holiday’ and close banks as it did during the Great Depression.”

That's really giving me the warm and fuzzies.

Argentina did the same. Bank Holiday. You can't take your money out. Then they pass a law "re-investing" all retirement accounts in government debt,  and then "revalue" the currency.  In Argentina, most people kept accounts in dollars - but during the bank holiday, the government took those dollars and replaced them with an"equivalent amount" of revalued Argentina Pesos!

Got money in an IRA? 401K? Don't want to pay the tax penalty? Think about that again.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »
"After seeing this study about how liberals "think"  I see kitten's everywhere. The liberal will read and focus only on the above paragraph. As long as someone blows sunshine up his @ss, he will be happy."

Yup, the Libtard's are clueless moonbats or lying POS's as to what is keeping the markets afloat - Neo-Keynesian pumping! 

"Got money in an IRA?  401K? Don't want to pay the tax penalty? Think about that again."

All I am thinking about is the timing of when, not if, I pull out my IRA funds.  Penalty & Mariginal tax rate (if there is an IRS around still) beats outright confiscation or revaluation.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
"After seeing this study about how liberals "think"  I see kitten's everywhere. The liberal will read and focus only on the above paragraph. As long as someone blows sunshine up his @ss, he will be happy."

Yup, the Libtard's are clueless moonbats or lying POS's as to what is keeping the markets afloat - Neo-Keynesian pumping! 

"Got money in an IRA?  401K? Don't want to pay the tax penalty? Think about that again."

All I am thinking about is the timing of when, not if, I pull out my IRA funds.  Penalty & Mariginal tax rate (if there is an IRS around still) beats outright confiscation or revaluation.

"Pull it out" and put it where?  Do what with it?  Ann Barnhardt advises to invest it only in that which you can guard, armed.  Precious metals?  Land?  Food?  What?

Oy.  I need a warehouse.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »

"Pull it out" and put it where?  Do what with it?  Ann Barnhardt advises to invest it only in that which you can guard, armed.  Precious metals?  Land?  Food?  What?

Yes.  So far we have taken that money out and put it into a place in the mountains we own outright, a greenhouse, ATVs, and a PV solar system..
at the time it seemed like a risk,  but now it just seems like common sense.  I can use all of that stuff from now till the day I die.
I may not be free, but I am going to get as close as I can be

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »

Yes.  So far we have taken that money out and put it into a place in the mountains we own outright, a greenhouse, ATVs, and a PV solar system..
at the time it seemed like a risk,  but now it just seems like common sense.  I can use all of that stuff from now till the day I die.
I may not be free, but I am going to get as close as I can be

Yes, and I greatly admire your hard work in that direction because it is common sense.  What a commentary that is on the changed concept of "saving for the future".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »
Yeah, I would convert it while it still has (cough) value into required assets useful for the coming paradigm shift...maybe some more silver, ATV sounds nice, bulk up on some more nonperishable consumables and finished goods required at the BOL...