Author Topic: Gallup: 72% of All Americans and 56% of Democrats Say Obamacare Mandate Unconsti  (Read 661 times)

CatholicCrusader

Gallup: 72% of All Americans and 56% of Democrats Say Obamacare Mandate Unconstitutional
http://nation.foxnews.com/contraception-mandate/2012/02/27/gallup-72-all-americans-and-56-democrats-say-obamacare-mandate-unconstitutional

(CNSNews.com)- Seventy-two percent of American adults and 56 percent of self-professed Democrats say that the provision in the health-care law signed by President Barack Obama that requires individuals to purchase health insurance or pay a fine is unconstitutional, says the Gallup Poll.

In March, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear cases challenging the constitutionality of the mandate.

Among Republicans, according to the poll, 94 percent say the mandate is unconstitutional and 6 percent say it constitutional. Among Independents, 70 percent say it is unconstitutional and 21 percent say it is constitutional. In contrast to the 56 percent of Democrats who say the mandate is unconstitutional, only 37 percent say it is constitutional.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I didn't click the link because I'm in go-mode this AM, but didn't this poll or another poll asking the same question also say that 39% of the American people want "free" health care paid for by the government?

The "American people" are seriously schizophrenic. We say unequivocally that we want to control the size and scope of government, but we simultaneously want all the goodies from it that one could possibly imagine.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

CatholicCrusader

I didn't click the link because I'm in go-mode this AM, but didn't this poll or another poll asking the same question also say that 39% of the American people want "free" health care paid for by the government?.....................

I don't know.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Even if true 72 beats 39, thanks folks, last one out turns off the lights!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

CatholicCrusader

In a related gallup poll
Feb. 28,2012

GALLUP DAILY

Obama Approval: 43% (approval is down 2)
Obama Disapproval: 50% (disapproval is up 3)

My comment: Gee wizz, if the Republicans are in such chaos and if women are being turned off, then why is Obama dropping?

Romney 50%
Obama 46%

My comment: What is the lesson kids? Don't believe the media lies!!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
The MFM, lie?  My unicorn says no way!   ::unknowncomic::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.