Author Topic: Michigan Santorum/Romney Tiff  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Michigan Santorum/Romney Tiff
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
"I wonder how long it will be before the Mormon hit pieces start to emerge in the MFM?"

It's gotta be hard for them to bite their lips and hold their tongues...I wonder if many are physically restrained?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »
When you're $17 trillion in debt and no one is even remotely serious about reducing the rate of its growth (let alone paying it off), it doesn't matter who wins.

The camel's nose got into the tent before most of us here were even born. We're not about to fix it now. The closest analog to government in the natural world is the cancerous tumor. Both of them can only ever grow, they never get smaller. They can only die, either by killing their host organism or being forcibly cut out of it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »
If Romney is such a good candidate then why is he so easily hurt. He speaks of conservatism as if it were a part of an acting job. If that's what the establishment they can be soley responsible for the usurper's victory in November 2012. I'm not playing that game anymore and I refuse to hold my nose and vote for him even if that means another four years to a disaster.

The Lord has warned us, he has only asked that we turn from our wicked ways and back to Him as His condition but our elitist snob and mentally defective electorate refuse his offer.

Rather take my chances fighting muzzies in  the Promised Land than live with cowards.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:37 PM »
The Lord has warned us, he has only asked that we turn from our wicked ways and back to Him as His condition but our elitist snob and mentally defective electorate refuse his offer.

I don't disagree... but I see no choice among the candidates that leads me to think God would prefer one over the other. They're all putzes.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 11:53:58 PM »

If we the people are with Him He will be with us.
If He is with us it matters not who we elect.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »

I don't disagree... but I see no choice among the candidates that leads me to think God would prefer one over the other. They're all putzes.

Whichever one wins, relatively cleanly.  And even then, he's on notice.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 07:08:12 AM »
I don't see anyone other than Romney going on after Super Tuesday.

It's the money. Romney has it and no one else will be able to raise any barring an upset of monumental proportions. If Santorum had pulled off the win in MI then he could at least count on a decent fundraising period between now and Super Tuesday but as it is I don't see that happening now. Newt has money in his super PAC but that's about it. Ron Paul will continue to get donations from his Jim Jones-like worshippers but that's it...he won't get any votes (that mean anything) or delegates.

The race is over. Romney won. Time to get on with the rest of the election season.

As much of a suck ass bottom feeder as Romney is, you can at least take some solace in the fact that he isn't McCain. He's close on some points, that's true...but he isn't anywhere near as feckless as that SOB.

I wonder how long it will be before the Mormon hit pieces start to emerge in the MFM?

There are still some battles to fight - Newt is up in GA as you would expect and if he is getting a bounce of 2 points in Gallup there could be more movement going on than we know.  Santorum could take OH , TN & OK too.  So this is not over.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/02/29/whats-up-with-newt-gingrich-gallups-daily-tracking-poll-for-one-thing/

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 07:09:50 AM »

If we the people are with Him He will be with us.
If He is with us it matters not who we elect.

If He is not with us then it also doesn't who is in office either, now does it.  And right now I would have to say it isn't looking good...