Author Topic: Alien "speech" in radio signal from Saturn?  (Read 1766 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Alien "speech" in radio signal from Saturn?
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:20:24 PM »
Alien "speech" in radio signal from Saturn?
Post by irondiopriest on Feb 12, 2011, 11:44pm

This is pretty cool.

Partial text from video:
"The radio emissions were discovered by radio and plasma wave detectors on board the Cassini spacecraft as it passed over Saturn's rings during its arrival at the planet in July 2004. The tones are emitted as radio waves. Don Gurnett of the University of Iowa says his team reduced their frequencies by a factor of five to bring them into the range of human hearing."
The "voices" start at about 1:30 of the video. They theorize that it is the sound of meteroids hitting the ice chunks that make up Saturn's rings. That may be, but it sure sounds like there is some kind of modulation in the sound suggesting vocalization, making it fun to speculate. And besides, sound does not occur in space. So my layman's understanding indicates that if it is meteoroids colliding with ice chunks, then the collision is producing radio frequencies, and I have no clue as to the physics of that.

Alien speech found in NASA's Saturn radio signal?
Re: Alien "speech" in radio signal from Saturn?
Post by rickl on Feb 13, 2011, 1:14am

It's alien for "Ow! Stop hitting me!"
Post by libertasinfinitio on Feb 13, 2011, 12:06pm

Actually I think the translation is more like - "Don't worry about the silly humans. We will inherit this solar system, the humans are too busy going into ruinous debt that will obliterate their species. Bwuuuhaaahaaa!"
Post by pandora on Feb 13, 2011, 1:27pm

What? The "hispanics" made it into space without us?
Post by irondiopriest on Feb 13, 2011, 2:03pm

Feb 13, 2011, 1:27pm, pandora wrote:
What? The "hispanics" made it into space without us?

Hey, you just made another Grandpa George joke!
Post by pandora on Feb 13, 2011, 2:08pm

Heheh.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt