Author Topic: Obamanomics is having an effect, and yes, it is a negative effect  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
When the fit really hits the shan the looting will be widespread and in full daylight with shootings and stabbings and Molotov cocktails lighting the way...ObamaBots...just trying to get some freebies before it all slips into the abyss and things are harder to get...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/unusual-items-can-still-bring-a-bounty-for-thieves-police-say/2012/02/09/gIQAkTJgiR_print.html
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Obamanomics is having an effect, and yes, it is a negative effect
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:31:46 AM »
For years now I've been in the habit of locking my car inside the garage every day and night it's home.  I always thought leaving it out on the driveway was providing an opportunity for someone passing by.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »
I've had vehiciles (tires) messed with in my driveway (kids letting air out) and at work had gas siphoned out of the tank in our parking ramp, since getting a locking gas cap the latter is not a problem anymore and I always keep my vehicle in the garage.  Since it donated my Taurus a couple years ago I only have a small SUV & motorcycle to compete for space.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:47:15 AM »
In the early 80's, someone stole the battery out of my '71 Gran Torino; bad neighborhood/parked on the street outside my apartment building.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »
And the future Mrs Kowalski wasn't on her porch at the time?   ;D

(I'll be honest, dang kids let the air out of my tires in summertime and I had the window open and my head was probably only 12 feet from the car as the crow flies!  I guess they heard me snoring!)

::cussing::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 12:03:08 PM »

(I'll be honest, dang kids let the air out of my tires in summertime and I had the window open and my head was probably only 12 feet from the car as the crow flies!  I guess they heard me snoring!)

Apartment building - no porch, and during the night IN NEW JERSEY where one is not allowed to "Kowalski".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »

Apartment building - no porch, and during the night IN NEW JERSEY where one is not allowed to "Kowalski".

I H8 not being allowed!   ::outrage::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 06:08:07 PM »
Me too.  That's why we're now here instead of there.