Topics > Military News/Veterans

Army "Dietitian" Touts Warning Labels for Desserts and Fried Foods at Mess Halls

(1/3) > >>

Pandora:
The healthy eating campaign has the U.S. military in its sights.

Take note of the passive "the healthy eating campaign" instead of properly labeling it Michelle Obama's Meddling ....

--- Quote ---During a panel discussion Thursday on how government can promote healthy eating habits, the U.S. Army touted its mess hall labeling system that places warning on desserts and fried foods.

The event, held at the Bipartisan Policy Center in Washington, saw Lt. Col. Sonya Cable highlight the “Go for Green” program, which labels healthy foods green, moderate foods amber, and high calorie foods red.

The nutrition education program alerts soldiers that “red” foods like bacon and apple pie should only be eaten rarely, with a warning: “limit intake.”  Foods labeled green, however, such as mustard greens, are deemed “premium fuel for the soldier athlete,” “fresh and flavorful” and “nutrient dense.” Soldiers are advised to eat these frequently.

Cable represents the U.S. Army Soldier Fueling Initiative, which is remaking dining facilities at Initial Military Training sites across the country. She currently serves as a dietitian and the Chief of the Human Dimensions Division within the Initial Military Training Center of Excellence.

During the panel discussion she advised using the “red, amber, green” system in public schools too.
--- End quote ---

More at the link; reading it might give your BP a little boost, though.

Libertas:
Tell Moochelle to KMA and give me my fried chicken and desert because I (am Serving) MY COUNTRY!

Son of a .....  ! ! !

::rockets::

Alphabet Soup:
Next up: Little gold and silver stars pasted to the forehead - along with a kiss - for doing an "extra swell" job.

LadyVirginia:
As much as I love eating vegetables, eating plates of mustard greens isn't going to cut it for a soldier.

And exactly what kind of apple pie are they making that it's dangerous? 

Just because Mrs BO has no self-control doesn't mean the rest of us don't.   ::gaah::  I wish libs would stop projecting their weaknesses onto the rest of us!

Pandora:

--- Quote from: LadyVirginia on March 01, 2012, 10:21:26 AM ---As much as I love eating vegetables, eating plates of mustard greens isn't going to cut it for a soldier.

And exactly what kind of apple pie are they making that it's dangerous? 

Just because Mrs BO has no self-control doesn't mean the rest of us don't.   ::gaah::  I wish libs would stop projecting their weaknesses onto the rest of us!

--- End quote ---

That's why this "dietician" has no freaking clue what the hell she's talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version