Author Topic: Tragedy: Andrew Breitbart  (Read 6232 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Tragedy: Andrew Breitbart
« on: March 01, 2012, 08:15:14 AM »
Breaking...

...an immeasurable loss in so many ways it nearly defies description.

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.
We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.
Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Tragedy: Andrew Breitbart
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:22:17 AM »
Checking your bleeping heart/cholesterol people!  Damn, that's two in two days.  :'(

Way too young for this kind of thing.  RIP.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 08:24:03 AM »
NO!  NONONONONONO!!

" ............... War."

Famous last words.

RIP Andrew
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 08:28:31 AM »
43 years old and such an incredible mark on the world.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »
43 years old and such an incredible mark on the world.

We needed this man.  Still do.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »
Man, this is a hard knock!

We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.

Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:

I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.

Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.

Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.

RIP Andrew, you will be greatly missed!   ::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 09:16:53 AM »
I'm sad.

He's been the perfect sword against the MSM and liberals.  Always, always enjoyed listening to him. He did what I only wish I could do.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 09:20:59 AM »
I can hardly believe it. I saw Andrew as a new kind of patriot in this war against the Left. Some may step up and also be that same kind of patriot, but none will replace him.

He was a formidable enemy of the Left. Leftists are dancing on his grave before he is in it.

Natural causes? Maybe.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »
I can hardly believe it. I saw Andrew as a new kind of patriot in this war against the Left. Some may step up and also be that same kind of patriot, but none will replace him.

He was a formidable enemy of the Left. Leftists are dancing on his grave before he is in it.

Natural causes? Maybe.

I hope someone steps up inspired to carry on Breitbart's mission.  I don't want to be a wet blanket but I'm not holding my breath.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline michelleo

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »

Natural causes? Maybe.

Indeed.  He's like a hero lost in battle.  It's heartbreaking.  Many prayers for his family.  Many prayers to our cause.  Rest in peace, Andrew, knowing you served with great courage, honor and distinction.  We cannot thank you enough.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:09 AM »
We'll know whether it was "natural causes" or not when those videos of Obama's college days do or do not come out before the election.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 10:07:39 AM »
Update:

"Breitbart was walking near his home in Brentwood, Calif just after midnight Thursday when he collapsed according to his father-in-law Orson Bean. Someone saw Breitbart fall and called 911. Emergency crews tried to revive him and rushed him to the emergency room at UCLA Medical Center, Bean said."

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/SD-Andrew-Breitbart-Dead-at-43--141029823.html

H/T Hot Air

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 10:59:32 AM »

Brave Andrew Breitbart has left this world
and caused a void that will not soon be filled.
Rest in peace Andrew, you will be deeply missed.
May God receive you with open arms and may He
watch over and protect your family.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 11:02:20 AM »

Guessing, it was an aneurism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 11:07:20 AM »
It's coming out that he had some heart problems.  Nothing otherwise specific yet.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 11:54:20 AM »
A couple liniks -

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/292370/andrew-rip-jonah-goldberg

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/editor-of-breitbart-com-says-andrew-breitbart-has-died/?hp

Anything inflammatory we should post elsewhere (like if people want to comment on the reactions in the fevered leftist swamps).

Prayers for his wife and kids.   ::praying::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
A couple liniks -

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/292370/andrew-rip-jonah-goldberg

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/editor-of-breitbart-com-says-andrew-breitbart-has-died/?hp

Anything inflammatory we should post elsewhere (like if people want to comment on the reactions in the fevered leftist swamps).

Prayers for his wife and kids.   ::praying::

YEP!

Related: Twitter Hate: The Left’s Breitbart Memorial. Retweet all the nasty stuff they say — it’s what Andrew would have wanted. He liked to expose these people for who they were, rather than who they pretended to be. He continues to do that even in death.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/138157/

I don't Tweet or have a Facebook page, but I will repost any nasty thing I run across.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 12:07:38 PM »
Like THESE from here:

Slate's Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias), who tweeted: "Conventions around dead people are ridiculous. The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBrietbart dead."

AlmightyBob ? @AlmightyBoob : @AndrewBreitbart haha youre dead and in hell being a gay with hitler

Jeff Glasse ? @jeffglasse : Andrew Breitbart now enjoying afternoon tea with Hitler #goodriddanceyouhack

@darrenfiorello: Andrew Breitbart died? Is it wrong that I'm happier about that than when they got bin Laden and Saddam?

Kellie Allen @thirtyseven : Breitbart helped destroy the career of someone I know. Good riddance, scumraker.

Scott On Da Rox  @ridinchillwaves : RT GOOD RIDDANCE..fascist prick @Gawker: Andrew Breitbart Dead? gawker.com/5889586/

Josh M ? @TheSocialest : Good riddance Breitbart. Hopefully they put James O'Keefe in your casket.

John Kapp ? @johnkapp : Andrew Breitbart was a racist, sexist, homophobe. Good riddance.

Gabriel ? @gabriel0923 : Andrew #Breitbart has died having been finally consumed by his revolting hatred! The world is better off without him!

Dufus ? @dufus : Did we cry when Hitler died? No.. #Breitbart see you in hell asshole

Natasha Yar-Routh ? @xiomberg : Andrew Breitbart is dead, good riddance to bad trash. He was a vile excuse for a human being

Dave Lartigue ? @daveexmachina : Andrew Breitbart has died. Honestly, good riddance. He helped poison the country where I live and we are better off without him.

Lalo Alcaraz ? @laloalcaraz RT @Mfusion66: RIP Breitbart? Nah, too good to be true

vtred ? @vtred1 : Good riddance to Andrew Breitbart - a McCarthyite nutcase.

Sean Paul Kelley ? @seanpaulkelley Andrew Breitbart has died: bigjournalism.com/lsolov/2012/03… If so, good riddance.

CpG ? @Crow1138 : I know it's wrong, but good riddance “@cnnbrk: Conservative blogger Andrew #Breitbart has died, attorney says. on.cnn.com/wkDt4g”

TahitiNut ? @TahitiNut : Forgive me, God, for I have sinned. I err on the side of being pleased with a death ... of Andrew Breitbart. Good riddance.

michael mayer ? @prisonforbush: Breitbart dead? D Good riddance. More republicans should follow his lead.

DAC ? @dac2527 : Satan calls Andrew Breitbart home... Good riddance!

Kate Witko ? @katewitko : Andrew Breitbart is dead at 43 from "natural causes". hrm yes I suppose wine is pretty natural. good riddance, asshole.

WeirdArchives ? @WeirdArchives : Looks like it's official. Andrew Breitbart is dead. Personally I don't like the guy, so good riddance to bad rubbish.

Scott On Da Rox ? @ridinchillwaves : RT GOOD RIDDANCE..fascist prick @Gawker: Andrew Breitbart Dead? gawker.com/5889586/

Mike Hightower ? @MikeHightower1 Good riddance andrew breitbart.

Nick Huinker ? @towndrinker good riddance to bad rubbish. no reason to mourn someone who made it their business to make this world a less pleasant place. #breitbart

Michael David ? @renmiked Good riddance Andrew #Breitbart.

@Sttbs73 It is very hard to have sympathy for an evil person like Andrew Breitbart! I am done being NICE.

@CleverTrousers: Andrew Breitbart died! Today looks like it's going to be a GREAT day. #deadgasbags

@crmlqt: Andrew Breitbart is dead....one less racist!!!!!

@jawillie: The saddest thing about Andrew Breitbart's death is that he died such a douchebag.

Inglorious Basterdz ? @TheLibertyLamp : Andrew Breitbart destroyed lives based on LIES, I will not be some phony liberal and pretend condolences. ROT IN HELL ANDREW U BASTARD!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »
I am done being NICE.

Yep.

So am I.