Author Topic: The EPA and Lisa Jackson are a menace  (Read 1170 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
The EPA and Lisa Jackson are a menace
« on: March 02, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Obama's controversial EPA chief, Lisa Jackson, has pushed through the agency a passel of new regulations that will raise the cost of electricity dramatically over the next three years.

These new EPA regulations -- clearly intended to make up for the fact that the administration couldn't get its cap-and-trade legislation through Congress even when its own party controlled both houses -- and their baleful effects are the focus of a detailed new study by economist Kathleen Hartnett White (of the Armstrong Center for Energy and the Environment).

In her study ("EPA's Approaching Regulatory Avalanche: 'A Regulatory Spree Unprecedented in U.S. History'"), Ms. White reviews ten major new rules that either have been already adopted or are under review by the agency.  She argues convincingly that the EPA is using the Clean Air Act (in a way never intended by Congress) to hobble fossil fuel energy production.

The rules she discusses are the Cross-State Air Pollution Rule (CSAPR), the Electric Utility Maximum Available Control Technology Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants ("Utility MACT"), the Industrial Boiler MACT, the Portland Cement Kiln MACT, the Cooling Water Intake Structure Rule, the Coal Combustion Residuals Rule, the Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS), the Particulate Matter NAAQS, the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Regulation of Stationary Sources, and the GHG Regulation of Mobile Source.  Behind these banal, bureaucratic labels lies the banality of evil: the plan of forcing a massive change of life and living standards without the consent of the governed (that is, the victims).

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The EPA and Lisa Jackson are a menace
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
The states in which these energy producers reside MUST partner with these energy producers to offer them the authority, the confidence, and the protection - and ALL that implies - to continue to operate, business-as-usual, in defiance of federal bureaucratic regulation. If they have to surround the plants with National Guard or State Troopers, do it. Make the federal government explain to the American people why it must roll into American suburbs with tanks to enforce environmental regulations that will make electricity expensive and in short supply.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 11:16:07 AM »
I like the way you think IDP!   ::thumbsup::   ::thumbsup::   ::thumbsup::   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »

Enforce the 10th!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »

Enforce the 10th!

That would require state leaders with a sack of gonads.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »

Enforce the 10th!

I would love to see just one state do it,just one stand up and defend themselves from this asshat.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »

Enforce the 10th!

People with gonads need to use theirs on them, they'll grow a set or be forced to yield to someone with them...but the clock is ticking (really fast!)!

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »
Working on cap & trade behind the scenes

If you’re wondering what a second term for Barack Obama might mean, look no further than the EPA.  According to the publication Inside EPA, the agency has created a simulator for a cap-and-trade system, a rather extensive project that doesn’t appear to just be theoretical.  It’s not exactly a secret, either.

Just updating the thread... 
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »

It's another government model of the same quality as their hurricane modeling
and their global warming models, perfect models all.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 01:48:17 PM »
The Framers never intended for Congress to wholesale delegate its lawmaking authority to executive agencies.  Good luck getting that genie back in the bottle. Like all the other abuses, chaos and uprising will offer the only opportunities for remedy.

"Well Congress can't directly legislate every single technical detail" is hardly an argument in favor of this state of affairs; it's an argument that the Federal government has its nose in too many damn places, that's what.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 01:38:12 PM »
The Framers never intended for Congress to wholesale delegate its lawmaking authority to executive agencies.  Good luck getting that genie back in the bottle. Like all the other abuses, chaos and uprising will offer the only opportunities for remedy.

"Well Congress can't directly legislate every single technical detail" is hardly an argument in favor of this state of affairs; it's an argument that the Federal government has its nose in too many damn places, that's what.

Actually would not be that hard to do.  For a President with gumption.

Congress cannot force people to work for the President, so all he has to do is fire them.

Whether that's likely is a different matter, and I don't see it coming from Mittens.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 03:26:52 PM »

I believe he has gumption.  Unlike Obama who had done nothing of consequence
he has been consequential on both sides of the fence.The question is not will he
but what will he do.

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 06:08:17 PM »

he has been consequential on both sides of the fence.The question is not will he
but what will he do.

I think that is a good question.

Actually, to return to the topic of the thread...I hate to point out the obvious, but energy is what enables modern civilization~and I don't mean just manners, etiquette, and rule of law.  It is what freed us from the drudgery required for subsistence, and allowed us to build a free society that everyone could participate in.

Turns out that the simulator BMG mentions above predicts a single outcome, no matter how the inputs to the model are manipulated.

Complete and utter failure, financially speaking.  Let me repeat that:  no matter how you jigger the inputs, if cap and trade is enforced as promulgated, causes the financial failure of every energy producer that is required to "participate."

In other words, the end of civilization as we know it.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 06:13:29 PM »

but what will he do.

Actually, to return to the topic of the thread...I hate to point out the obvious, but energy is what enables modern civilization~and I don't mean just manners, etiquette, and rule of law.  It is what freed us from the drudgery required for subsistence, and allowed us to build a free society that everyone could participate in.

Turns out that the simulator BMG mentions above predicts a single outcome, no matter how the inputs to the model are manipulated.

Complete and utter failure, financially speaking.  Let me repeat that:  no matter how you jigger the inputs, if cap and trade is enforced as promulgated, causes the financial failure of every energy producer that is required to "participate."

Fundamental change?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 06:26:09 PM »

but what will he do.

Fundamental change?

If energy producers start shutting down, yeah.  We are going to start seeing die offs of populations, and they won't even have to use Zyklon B in "ovens."

Same thing.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
The Onion makes a comic satire of it, but this is really pretty much the actual attitude of the Green movement:

Scientists: 'Look, One-Third Of The Human Race Has To Die For Civilization To Be Sustainable, So How Do We Want To Do This?'

WASHINGTON—Saying there's no way around it at this point, a coalition of scientists announced Thursday that one-third of the world population must die to prevent wide-scale depletion of the planet's resources—and that humankind needs to figure out immediately how it wants to go about killing off more than 2 billion members of its species.

Representing multiple fields of study, including ecology, agriculture, biology, and economics, the researchers told reporters that facts are facts: Humanity has far exceeded its sustainable population size, so either one in three humans can choose how they want to die themselves, or there can be some sort of government-mandated liquidation program—but either way, people have to start dying.

And soon, the scientists confirmed.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
The Onion makes a comic satire of it, but this is really pretty much the actual attitude of the Green movement:

Scientists: 'Look, One-Third Of The Human Race Has To Die For Civilization To Be Sustainable, So How Do We Want To Do This?'

WASHINGTON—Saying there's no way around it at this point, a coalition of scientists announced Thursday that one-third of the world population must die to prevent wide-scale depletion of the planet's resources—and that humankind needs to figure out immediately how it wants to go about killing off more than 2 billion members of its species.

Representing multiple fields of study, including ecology, agriculture, biology, and economics, the researchers told reporters that facts are facts: Humanity has far exceeded its sustainable population size, so either one in three humans can choose how they want to die themselves, or there can be some sort of government-mandated liquidation program—but either way, people have to start dying.

And soon, the scientists confirmed.

Well, let's start with the volunteers first:  VHEMT.

Same thing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
VHEMT

Go for it libiots!   ::whoohoo::

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 08:58:05 PM »
VHEMT

Go for it libiots!   ::whoohoo::

::laughonfloor::

My feeling exactly.

Same thing.