Author Topic: Tea Party Imbroglio  (Read 1066 times)

charlesoakwood

Tea Party Imbroglio
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »

It's bad enough that we have such a weak field of candidates.  Now it comes to light that some of the major players in the Tea Party are involved in an internecine cage fight.

Amy Kremer had the idea for TPP and it was shared with and by Jenny Beth Martin.  Kremer embraced the goals of the Tea Party and aggressively established the Tea Party Patriots to advance them.  Martin moved from political goals to embracing money and power and the feud began.  Now it's in the courts for libertine judges to adjudicate.
[blockquote]
Where Credit Is Due

While following up with people I’d met at CPAC, I had a long conversation with Stella Lohmann, who told me the sad story of the lawsuit over the “Tea Party Patriots” name. Believe it or not, this was the first I’d heard about this ugly feud,as I’ve been rather busy tending to my own business. And when I read ... [/blockquote]

Excerpts from links within the article:

Tea Party Patriots (TPP), one of the country's largest tea party groups, has spent the last two years and thousands of dollars of its members' donated funds suing Amy Kremer, now the chairwoman of Tea Party Express,

"How could they [Tea Party Patriots / (Martin)] be squabbling over $134 food receipt when they are spending $150,000 in TPP donations to litigate this case against the woman [Kremer] that created it?

Link

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Tea Party Imbroglio
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 07:00:43 AM »
Many days I think God has had enough. He's seen enough.

A nation of men and women given over wholly to His divine providence has allowed itself to devolve into a nation of people who believe they are either gods or Godless. Those who ring the warning bells are relegated to the sidelines; the Godless take over while the little gods bicker amongst themselves.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 07:13:16 AM »
That's why I've always eschewed the thought of any kind of self appointed leaders.  I'll leave self appointed leaders to people who live in "communities."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 07:19:54 AM »
Movements often get hijacked and power struggles ensue...a strong candidate for POTUS popular with rank-and-file Tea Party members could have pulled a disparate group together and ended all the petty squabbling and turned the movement into a unified political force, but alas providence looked the other way...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 10:10:56 AM »
So sad but typical of the conservative movements along the way. The ACU has on it's board one Grover Norquist and he's on the board Americans for Tax Reform yet when the subject came up to junk the progressive income tax he balked about  HR25 as saying it would be just another tax on top of what was already there which is utter BS. Anyone who's in the know realizes that it a replacement after the income tax is officially junked. Turns out that this asswipe makes most of his money lobbying for different groups that benefit from special exemptions. Add to this his wife is from the enemy camp and you have a two faced lying little slime.

Norquist is what's wrong with our side and until someone takes away there power hat our side will continually falter.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 11:22:34 AM »
I believe I heard that Grover is a muzzie apologist. (He's married to one, possibly?)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »
Yes, she is a Pali Musslim!

Oh, and a lobbist for Pali's!

http://rfiaonline.org/authors/419-samah-alrayyes-norquist

::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:29:11 AM »
Jenny Beth on GOP contenders - “They’re all losers.”

Jenny Beth on GOP Congress - “They’ve caved on every single point of principle since the Republican majority has taken over,” he says. “It’s not a surprise; it’s disappointing, absolutely. It just shows that the revolution has just begun.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tea-party-patriots-cofounder-lashes-out-at-republican-field/

Well, if your outfit could get its poop-in-a-group then maybe you wouldn't be losers too!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »

If her focus were more on promoting than skimming they may be more affective.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 11:25:05 AM »
Self proclaimed leaders...meh!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 02:10:57 AM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/212843-tea-party-leader-says-he-resigned-because-group-got-too-close-to-the-gop

Mark Meckler, co-founder and former national coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots, said he resigned last week because the group had become too closely associated with Republican Party.

“The organization had been doing things that associated it with the Republicans Party,” Meckler said Monday on MSNBC. “I’m not a Republican, and large numbers in the movement, 40 percent in the Tea Party movement, aren’t Republicans. So when they sponsored the Southern Republican Leadership debate to the tune of $250,000, really it was just kind of the final blow for me.”

“From my perspective, the Tea Party Patriots have become this big top-down organization raising multi-millions of dollars,” he said. “None of that money was flowing through to local people, or very little of it, and that’s just not what I’m about.”

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »
....... Meckler said Monday on MSNBC.

WTF is a CONSERVATIVE doing in that chit hole?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/212843-tea-party-leader-says-he-resigned-because-group-got-too-close-to-the-gop

Mark Meckler, co-founder and former national coordinator for the Tea Party Patriots, said he resigned last week because the group had become too closely associated with Republican Party.

“The organization had been doing things that associated it with the Republicans Party,” Meckler said Monday on MSNBC. “I’m not a Republican, and large numbers in the movement, 40 percent in the Tea Party movement, aren’t Republicans. So when they sponsored the Southern Republican Leadership debate to the tune of $250,000, really it was just kind of the final blow for me.”

“From my perspective, the Tea Party Patriots have become this big top-down organization raising multi-millions of dollars,” he said. “None of that money was flowing through to local people, or very little of it, and that’s just not what I’m about.”

Support individual candidates not parties, learned that lesson a long time ago!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 03:40:07 PM »
....... Meckler said Monday on MSNBC.

WTF is a CONSERVATIVE doing in that chit hole?

Slumming.