Author Topic: Panetta: 'Int'l Permission’ Trumps Congressional Permission For Military Action  (Read 803 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
You really need to take the 7+ minutes to watch this.

Obama Admin Cites 'Int'l Permission,' Not Congress, As 'Legal Basis' For Action In Syria

It is clear to me exactly what Panetta is not saying here -- that if the president decides it's in the national security interest of this country to initiate military action elsewhere, Congress has no say in the matter; it's International "authority" he will seek.

Jeff Sessions behaves as though he can hardly believe his ears.  So.  Now, what does he intend to do about this.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/03/07/Shocking%20Defense%20Secretary%20Says%20International%20Permission%20Trumps%20Congressional%20Permission
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
What will Jeff Sessions do?

Piss himself, express some deep concern, maybe write a stern letter. Probably some of the same things Saddam Hussein's parliament did right before he started having them taken out and shot.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
People, it's past time.  We're late.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Our epitaph: "They Were Always So Polite"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Michele Bachman has been trying to get some answers to her questions about why we have troops in Africa, to no avail.

charlesoakwood

There was a news promo on Fox (local or cable?) concerning The Lord's Resistance Army last night
and all the horrible things it's been doing for the last thirty years.  Is this the most artful propaganda
yet?  The only thing for certain, unless you believe the MSM is that they are fighting Muslims.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Marshall's should be dragging these openly hostile to constitution types to fricken prison pending trial & execution for TREASON!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.