Author Topic: Bobby Jindal looking better to desperate GOP  (Read 1626 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Bobby Jindal looking better to desperate GOP
« on: March 04, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
Heaven help us!!

Don't look now, but Gov. Bobby Jindal is having himself a moment. It's happening on the national scene, where conservative pundits, depressed by their presidential options, have started openly pining for the next generation of candidates. The governor has gotten recent shout-outs from the likes of Washington Post columnist George Will, who suggested the GOP should focus on winning Congress now and groom candidates such as Jindal for later, and from Redstate.com blogger Erick Erickson, who argued that the party shouldn't wait four years.

Nothing like some Establishment endorsements to kick your career in the ass. ::mooning::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Bobby Jindal looking better to desperate GOP
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:41:06 PM »
Bobby Jindal IS NOT eligible for the US Presidency.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 02:21:46 PM »

Really, Pan, since when did we let something like that get in the way of the obvious solution?
/
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 02:34:12 PM »

Really, Pan, since when did we let something like that get in the way of the obvious solution?
/

Rightright; I lost mah haid.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 03:45:32 PM »
Your head is fine Pan, cannot say I have much confidence in many others though.

Will is one of those frustrating types who can both make fine logical points one day and burp up a vomitous mass the next.

He should do us a favor and retire and spend his free time at the ballpark and country club.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
It is disconcerting to say the least, that the Republican party is the so-called party of conservatives - which should mean the party of the US Constitution - and yet it so casually casts aside the definition of Natural Born Citizen as it meant at the time the constitution was written.

Jindal was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Amar and Raj Jindal, who came to the United States as immigrants from Punjab, India, six months before he was born.

Bobby Jindal - Is. Not. Constitutionally. Eligible.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 04:50:58 PM »
Yeah IDP.  Welcome to the world we live in now.  Constitution?  It has been all but thrown in the burn bag.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 04:55:49 PM »
It is disconcerting to say the least, that the Republican party is the so-called party of conservatives - which should mean the party of the US Constitution - and yet it so casually casts aside the definition of Natural Born Citizen as it meant at the time the constitution was written.

Jindal was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Amar and Raj Jindal, who came to the United States as immigrants from Punjab, India, six months before he was born.

Bobby Jindal - Is. Not. Constitutionally. Eligible.

Oh, you big meanie.

/
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »
If we are going to throw out the Constitution to overlook eligibility, lets just find the names and addresses of all the dead people we can and hit the polls early and use their votes to pick our guy.  Just remember that if we stoop to their level we are no better than them.  We are the party of the Constitution, it is our responsibility to stand for the laws of this nation and to attempt to ensure that all others are equally bound to those laws.  Pointing out law breakers and exposing corruption and hypocrisy should be part of our campaign, that what should be advertised.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 11:19:43 AM »
Bobby Jindal?

NO NO NO NO Cat
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 02:23:59 PM »

Somethings odd there.