Author Topic: Hey Obama: Give Bill Maher his $1,000,000 donation back, now  (Read 7601 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Hey Obama: Give Bill Maher his $1,000,000 donation back, now
« on: March 04, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »
This is a message to President Barack Obama – that "charming" “nice guy” that “everybody likes”; that gosh darn regular fella of whom everyone seems prone to assume the best of intentions; that wonderful family man who chooses hypocrisy over public school for his two lovely daughters; that doting husband of an accomplished wife with highly-toned upper arms, a love for travel, and fashion sense to die for.

This is a plea to that decent man; that President who understands the importance of taking the high-road; that sage we elected who knows injustice when he sees it, and responds accordingly. That’s who they keep telling us you are, sir. And so I call upon ye, for once: act like the decent human being they breathlessly keep telling us you are.

After all, you must be such a man, because when the doe-eyed, innocent little 23 year old college co-ed Sandra Fluke was called names by big, bad, meanie Rush Limbaugh, our noble President was right there alongside her, metaphoric arm around metaphoric shoulder, soothing her with whisperings of hopenchange, and telling her that her folks would be so proud.

What? Fluke is a 30 year old fembot hardcore Leftist activist prop, trolling for free contraception for all – not an innocent 23-year-old college co-ed who just wants Unca Shuggah to pay for her much-needed medicine as we’ve been told by the media and the Democrats? I’m shocked! Shocked, I tell ye! Next, you’ll be telling me that this whole contraception conversation has been a carefully coordinated diversion from President Obama’s failed record!

Look, Limbaugh may or may not have been off the mark with his portrayal of a 30-year-old woman demanding that congress fund her sexual exploits as a “slut”. I’m not too sure he was. But then again, someone who wants someone else to pay for them to have sex is more accurately a “prostitute”, so perhaps I can hold out hope that after Rush’s apology for using the “S” word, he will amend his targeted insult with the proper "P" word label at 11:01 CST on Monday 3/5.

Leftists should be rejoicing. This is the first time I can remember Rush Limbaugh apologizing for using the absurdity of the Left as an attack arrow against them. Of course, Rush’s apology will do nothing but chum the water, but sometimes chumming is better than swimming with sharks. I’m not going to question Limbaugh’s motivations for apologizing. It was clear to me exactly what point he was making by calling Sandra Fluke a slut. If he feels the need to apologize, I trust him.

At least one liberal noticed Rush’s apology, and sees it as a teachable moment - an opportunity to hold misogynist males of the Left accountable for their truly despicable hatred for women. Kirsten Powers at the Daily Beast spares Rush no scorn, but goes on to highlight just a sliver of the myriad examples of misogynist hatred from men like Ed Schultz, Keith Olbermann, Matt Taibbi, and Chris Matthews. But she saves the heap of scorn for Bill Maher:

[blockquote]But the grand pooh-bah of media misogyny is without a doubt Bill Maher—who also happens to be a favorite of liberals—who has given $1 million to President Obama’s super PAC. Maher has called Palin a “dumb twat” and dropped the C-word in describing the former Alaska governor. He called Palin and Congresswoman Bachmann “boobs” and “two bimbos.” He said of the former vice-presidential candidate, “She is not a mean girl. She is a crazy girl with mean ideas.” He recently made a joke about Rick Santorum’s wife using a vibrator. Imagine now the same joke during the 2008 primary with Michelle Obama’s name in it, and tell me that he would still have a job. Maher said of a woman who was harassed while breast-feeding at an Applebee’s, “Don't show me your t*ts!” as though a woman feeding her child is trying to flash Maher. (Here’s a way to solve his problem: don’t stare at a strangers’ breasts). Then, his coup de grâce: “And by the way, there is a place where breasts and food do go together. It’s called Hooters!”[/blockquote]

Powers, to her credit, went on (as liberals almost never do) to lament the fact that Leftist men making disparaging hateful comments against women based on their sexuality are never held to account by the Left. Of course, we on the conservative side scream about the double-standard from the rooftops, but we rarely get a glimpse into the mind of a liberal whose intellectual honesty compels them to speak against the Leftist narrative, so kudos to Kirsten Powers.

Bill Maher’s response to the Rush Limbaugh apology? He says he can call Sarah Palin a c**t because he's on HBO, and doesn't have sponsors.

Well Mr. President, Maher may have no sponsors on HBO, but he certainly IS a sponsor himself. He’s a sponsor of YOU, sir. You either reject his hate by returning his donation, or you keep the money, and embrace the hate.

Now, on to the purpose of this diary: Shaming Barack Obama into demanding publicly that his Super-Pac return all $1,000,000 of the misogynist hate-talker Bill Maher’s money to him along with a message of rebuke that satisfies his supposed conscience, OR, highlighting the hypocrisy of this President in the event he fails to do so.

Honestly, I expected such calls to come pouring in from the conservative side, and aside from Limbaugh's appeal last Friday, I've heard no calls for Obama to return Maher's hate-money. I guess it is just assumed from all sides that conservatives cannot have alliances with unsavory characters, but that Leftists can. I s’pose I understand the logic, but it is poor, poor Alinsky tactics to allow it to go unchallenged.

C’Mon, conservatives! We, isolate the target, freeze it, and then hold it accountable to its own standards! Or something like that.

So here it is. Mr. President Barack Hussein Obama; family man; father of two daughters; loving son of a Marxist mother who abandoned you; loyal grandson of a grandmother you publicly disrespect; adoring nephew of illegal alien auntie Z; loving husband of the adorable Michelle: Do you have no honor sir? You oh-so-nobly came to the rescue of a 30 year old Leftist feminist activist prop because Rush Limbaugh used her as an example of how ridiculous the Left can be – parading an activist pretending to be a co-ed in front of congress to support the state forcing the insurance companies of religious institutions to fund her sexual exploits. Thus you have shown yourself to be a man of dignity, compassion, and principle. Heh.

So I call upon you now, as few other conservatives have publicly done: Tell your Super Pac in no uncertain terms that you expect them to return $1,000,000 to the hate-monger and despiser of women Bill Maher. Issue a statement of rebuke for Maher’s many offenses against women, and let it be known that people of such low character need not bother sending you money.

C’mon. I know you can do it Mr. President. Return the $1,000,000 with a message attached that no misogynist haters are welcome to join you in your hopenchange war against America.

Liberals everywhere are expecting you to distance yourself from misogynist Leftist hate-speech and its bastard offspring - campaign donations to your campaign. Right liberals? Right?

Cross-posted @ Red State
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:03:49 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
Re: Hey Obama: Give Bill Maher his $1,000,000 donation back, now
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 11:23:29 PM »
Excellente! I went to Red State and enjoyed every word. ::thumbsup:: barely even describes the written gold. Kudos!

Love the sarcasm, were you channeling Newt?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 04:04:48 AM »
IDP ... I have been thinking along the very same lines for the last several days . In fact the names Maher , Olbermann and Matthews were foremost in my thoughts . There's a headline in the news this morning ; " Limbaugh Overshadows GOP Race " . If Rush is "overshadowing" the GOP race , who actually put him between the sun and the campaign ? The news media of course !

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 06:49:56 AM »
If Rush is "overshadowing" the GOP race , who actually put him between the sun and the campaign ? The news media of course !

Which just reiterates that now is the time for a full assault by Rush.  Maher, teabagging, every last sexist comment/action by elected Democrats and Democrat supporters. 

I really am setting myself up for disappointment...

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 06:57:31 AM »
If Rush is "overshadowing" the GOP race , who actually put him between the sun and the campaign ? The news media of course !

Which just reiterates that now is the time for a full assault by Rush.  Maher, teabagging, every last sexist comment/action by elected Democrats and Democrat supporters. 

I really am setting myself up for disappointment...

I was thinking that same thing. I imagined in my minds ear Rush telling people for the first half hour to get kids out of the room, and for those sensitive to harsh language to tune out. Also proclaiming that the language he is about to use will earn him FCC violations which he is prepared to pay... and then launching into a verbatim laundry list of every vile thing the Left has said about conservatives, and holding them accountable to their own outrage. A Breitbart moment from Rush.

But that is setting myself up for disappointment. Rush isn't Breitbart, nor do I know whether he could possibly be, or whether he should. Rush is Rush. Which is why it is so disconcerting to see him apologize for just doing what he always does.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:42:28 AM »
Put me in that boat too MNHawk.  Rush should go nuclear on these assclowns, what is there to gain by playing nice?  Zero!  When I tune in today it will be either a great relief or a shriek of anger.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
Put me in that boat too MNHawk.  Rush should go nuclear on these assclowns, what is there to gain by playing nice?  Zero!  When I tune in today it will be either a great relief or a shriek of anger.

!!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »

!!

!!!!!!!!!!
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 09:29:22 AM »
Whoever gets Rush live, you keep us updated, ya hear?  ::popcorn::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »

T minus 25

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »
well written piece  ::USA::
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 06:58:52 AM »
Hey IDP! Here's a "this guy lifted my material" moment or a "great minds think alike" moment!

Will Obama Super PAC Return Misogynist Bill Maher's Million-Dollar Donation?
5:39 PM, Mar 5, 2012 • By JOHN MCCORMACK
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/will-obama-super-pac-return-misogynist-bill-mahers-million-dollar-donation_633200.html

;)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 09:30:58 AM »
Remember all these?

One article for your archiving pleasure.  I had forgot about such all time classics as "hate****ing Michele Bachmann,"  putting ""a big, hairy set of balls in her mouth" with regards to Michelle Malkin, who also by chance is a "mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it."

The usual language warning, as it's quoting leftist garbage in their own words.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 11:34:31 AM »
Oldies but goodies, eh?  But the bar is set so low for lefties, there really isn't a standard for them to be held to.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 01:12:18 AM »
Holy crap Greta! You go girl!

Oof-dah... Van Susteren Blasts President for Keeping $1 Million From ‘Serial Pig’ Bill Maher: ‘Is That the Obama Price Tag for Decency?’

...Is that the Obama price tag for decency? Give a million and you can be as nasty to women as you want? How does President Obama – who dragged his daughters into this, I did not – handle this with his daughters when Maher is the quintessential woman degrader? The C word to women – Maher’s apparent favorite – is as vile as it gets. Do you wonder if the Obama campaign is laughing with Bill Maher? Or worse…laughing at Americans?

- Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 07:25:53 AM »
...AND OOOOF-DAHHH!!! Go Sarah, Go Sarah......

Sarah Palin On Obama’s Bill Maher Money: Obama Has Never Been Seen as Man of Valor, So It Shouldn’t Surprise Us (Video)

I don’t know how Barack Obama can sleep at night if he really thinks about Sasha and Mahlia and the treatment of some women today, how he can accept that dirty money. Granted Barack Obama has never been seen in the conventional, traditional way of one we who describe a man of valor, so it shouldn’t surprise us that Barack Obama would accept that dirty money.”

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2012, 08:16:50 AM »
Holy crap Greta! You go girl!

Oof-dah... Van Susteren Blasts President for Keeping $1 Million From ‘Serial Pig’ Bill Maher: ‘Is That the Obama Price Tag for Decency?’

...Is that the Obama price tag for decency? Give a million and you can be as nasty to women as you want? How does President Obama – who dragged his daughters into this, I did not – handle this with his daughters when Maher is the quintessential woman degrader? The C word to women – Maher’s apparent favorite – is as vile as it gets. Do you wonder if the Obama campaign is laughing with Bill Maher? Or worse…laughing at Americans?

Greta made an error in judgement....... There is no price tag because there is no decency within the confines of obamas staff and the democrats in general.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
To my recollection, Palin has never gone straight for Obama's manhood like this.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 08:23:19 AM »
Obama is such a defender of women's freedom that he kowtows to Islam at every opportunity, genuflecting in front of bona fide misogynists from that part of the world.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2012, 08:25:18 AM »

A thousand drops of water, a thousand paper cuts, and some sharp knives.
Before this is over his hair really will be gray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ISKQD7ytSk&feature=player_embedded#!

http://shepac.com/