Author Topic: Rush's show today 3-5-12  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Rush's show today 3-5-12
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 09:24:19 PM »
Tax Resolution Services is the latest gutless worm.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
two stations drop Rush's show

not major markets--one in Hawaii and the other in Massachusettes

I'm thinking I better email my local radio station and tell them not to bail...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
Mkay, somebody with better photoshop skills than mine (that would be better than "none"), download a picture of a "Slutwalk" rally, and paste a picture of Fluke into it. I wanna see that.

I wanna see the Leftist feminist faction that embraces the slut label together with the Leftist feminist faction that pretends to be offended by it, and imagine their heads twisting in circles until their heads pop off.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline michelleo

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2012, 11:10:28 PM »
I am a repeat Proflowers customer (keep the snickers to yourself please), and the moment I heard they dropped their ads I wrote an email telling them I'll never buy from them again. 

I'm so tired of this sh*t.  I'm toggling between despair and rage now, nearly every moment of every day.  In fact, my attitude right now is mass boycott of everything I can do without.  I'm ready to Go Galt.  We're getting the suburban house ready for sale, we're buggin' out.  Let the economy burn. It's time to watch them starve.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2012, 11:15:56 PM »
I am a repeat Proflowers customer (keep the snickers to yourself please), and the moment I heard they dropped their ads I wrote an email telling them I'll never buy from them again. 

I'm so tired of this sh*t.  I'm toggling between despair and rage now, nearly every moment of every day.  In fact, my attitude right now is mass boycott of everything I can do without.  I'm ready to Go Galt.  We're getting the suburban house ready for sale, we're buggin' out.  Let the economy burn. It's time to watch them starve.

That's an accurate read of my mood from day to day, michelleo, and has been for some time.

I don't want to just want to watch them starve.  I want to help them do so.

And for the rest o' ya, who have expressed disappointment in Rush's "caving":  we DO NOT THROW OUR OWN UNDER THE BUS like yer typical Republican.  Get on board with trap's action plan and defend the Man.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:30 AM »
Pan , I agree in principle but that's an awful lot of dough . Don't look for any big hitters to step in real soon to replace that loss . The MFM will be ready to jump all over anyone who does . Sad but true .

Let 'em jump.

Let me axe you a question:  before they bought time on conservative radio, whothehellever heard of Carbonite?  ProFlowers?  Like CO wrote, Rush put Snapple on the map.  I heard a Geico ad, so apparently they stuck.

That's beside the point . Whether we like it or not , in today's highly charged political atmosphere companies from 3M down to Fred's Shoe Repair are going to be loathe to expose themselves to negative press just to sponsor an entity they perceive to be damaged no matter how loyal they might be to that entity's ideaologically . I'm afraid that a "counter-boycott" in this case will prove to be a pointless effort . Our time would be better spent doing a deconstruct of Fluke and her past and determine where Pelosi & Company dug her up . As I said to a friend a while ago , Fluke IS a slut and a whore of the left ... but Rush should have known better . The liberals have been after his scalp for over twenty years and they won't let up on him or anyone who sponsors him . They smell blood and lots of it . This is not going to end well .
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:27:42 AM by Sectionhand »

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2012, 06:38:43 AM »
Commercial supported radio/TV is dying anyway.

Like him or not, Glenn Beck's model really is the future.  I hadn't heard any of those companies advertising on Rush anyway, having a 24/7 subscription given to me for Christmas.  I see a very few on GBTV.

Pandora for radio...another app I think I paid $2 that lets me get world radio...very minimally commercial supported.  GBTV $5 (will bug sister to drop 24/7 in place of GBTV+)  Drama Fever $5, Netflix $8+$8.  $26 for all I ever need to watch and listen.  Compare to $80 for basic cable.

This is the future.  Not questionably legitimate marketing companies that seem to find their ways onto right wing talk radio.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 06:53:08 AM »
There has been a petition at whitehouse.gov to have Rush removed from the air on armed services radio by the White House. Even calls to have him removed from the air altogether, a couple of stations already doing so.

HT: AoSHQ, via Iowahawk: Sign this petition @ whitehouse.gov - Resign.

It requires a typical anonymous registration. Use a web email address you don't use, and a password you never use for anything else.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 07:20:05 AM »
Commercial supported radio/TV is dying anyway.

Like him or not, Glenn Beck's model really is the future.  I hadn't heard any of those companies advertising on Rush anyway, having a 24/7 subscription given to me for Christmas.  I see a very few on GBTV.

Pandora for radio...another app I think I paid $2 that lets me get world radio...very minimally commercial supported.  GBTV $5 (will bug sister to drop 24/7 in place of GBTV+)  Drama Fever $5, Netflix $8+$8.  $26 for all I ever need to watch and listen.  Compare to $80 for basic cable.

This is the future.  Not questionably legitimate marketing companies that seem to find their ways onto right wing talk radio.

Rush should go pirate radio, he has enough money, if he went completely independent he would be more effective.

Time go Bobby Raines on their asses!

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/02/hawaii-five-0-dennis-miller-hits-the-airwaves-from-the-waves.html

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »
While I agree with section hand in deconstructing fluke and MNhawk as to where the market is headed, I still find it objectionable and it makes me mad as hell to think Rush Limbaugh could be forcibly pushed another direction because of yet another example of the antics of the most vindictive, hate filled people on the face of the earth. (and yes, worse than Muslim extremists)

So forgive me for disagreeing slightly, but a boycott of those companies who are too weak kneed to acknoledge his very nature as a broadcaster creates an audience of massive proportions in which to advertise, bringing in a new listener, I'm sure, with this latest trumped up charge, should and would add to their customer base.

This isn't about rush should have known better. This certainly shouldn't be about throwing up our hands and saying, oh well, radio is dying and a new direction is on the horizon...... This is about the ultimate narrative, ruled and controlled by the vindictive left to the point large corps are bowing to the whims of a minority. If given this power and authority, they will follow you to any " new direction".

So you bet I'll boycott these Lilly livered asshats. They don't deserve my business and I'll tell anyone within earshot, on every forum, on every billboard.......

If rush Limbaugh were to be forced in another direction......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2012, 08:05:46 AM »
The problem already is that 99% of advertisers wouldn't touch Rush, nor anything else I listen to or watch, in the first place.  And those that do overwhelmingly are there offering a product/service that you can get cheaper elsewhere.

I've only done Pajamagram, once, because it's a unique service.  Still quite expensive, though.  Cloud storage...plenty do it cheaper.  Loans, I'm sure plenty have lower rates.  Proflowers, I'll stick with Bachmanns.  Quack cold remedys, um, no thanks.  That questionable ID protection have already been covered in these boards.  At least Rush isn't reduced to Hannity's level of advertisers...yet.  That "male performance enhancement" herbal remedy just reeks of those e-mail from those wacky Russians wanting to grow my package.

Let's face it.  The last "real" advertiser I can recall is GM. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »
Why do conservatives have zero instinct for creating and maintaining a narrative? Who cares if you think Rush screwed up. What good comes from saying so? Will the leftist media establishment reward conservatism for it? Bunch of people getting the Full Alinsky on this one...hold your own to standards that the enemy doesn't even pretend to live up to. Same bullsh*t was going on with Breitbart and the Sherrod incident.

It's no wonder we get our clocks cleaned by the Left. They know how this game is played. Patently, we do not.

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 09:15:04 AM »
For me to "boycott" or complain to one of Rush's sponsors would be both pointless and hypocritical . I've never in my life used a single product or service advertised on his program . Therefore , the question , in my case , is moot .

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
And for the rest o' ya, who have expressed disappointment in Rush's "caving":  we DO NOT THROW OUR OWN UNDER THE BUS like yer typical Republican.  Get on board with trap's action plan and defend the Man.

Its the same every time. Mean girls
 Rush hit a girl. And you don't ever hit girls right?

Liberals hit girls all of the time. Its okay if you  hit a redneck. They are stupid bitter-clingers.

They always use our own morals against us. MichelleO hates when I say it, but I think the Golden Rule should always be applied in reverse. It is okay to treat others as they have treated me. Treating them otherwise is a choice, not an obligation, and not a moral duty, and pointless when they will never learn from the example because they  see us as Saul Alinsky saw us- chumps, foolishly following moral rules  that they can  exploit for fun and profit - having no principles or morals of their own- except the pursuit of their own power and gratification.  

My heart is hardened against them.  There is no doubt in my mind that if given a button that would kill everyone who voted for Obama dead, I would push it before you got done explaining how it worked.  When this finally goes down, pleas for mercy will be ignored. Matter of fact, I might take them prisoner, give them water, and then let them starve to death for not recognizing that my original plan to waste a bullet on them WAS mercy.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
For me to "boycott" or complain to one of Rush's sponsors would be both pointless and hypocritical . I've never in my life used a single product or service advertised on his program . Therefore , the question , in my case , is moot .

I have used Carbonite once...subscribed to it for a year. The other stuff? I need to update my will and I MIGHT have used LegalZoom for convenience (since I don't have any complicated trusts and stuff to deal with) but not now. I will uses nolo.com instead. The others on the list? No.

But that didn't stop me from writing to them (and I am in the process of making phone calls right now) to tell them what horrible pukes they are and that I will NEVER use their products. Plus I will tell everyone I know that their products are bogus and junk and to never, ever patronize them.

Don't let a little thing like the fact that you don't use their stuff stand in the way of venting at them. They need to know that they will pay a price for their treachery.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 09:57:15 AM »
BTW...the "Inside Sales" extension at Carbonite gets some really pissed off reactions when you call them.

I told them that I was ending my service with Carbonite and that I would never use them again. They told me that I needed to direct my call elsewhere. I told them that I was happy to waste their time with my call.

877-665-4466 extension 4

Good times, good times.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2012, 10:04:18 AM »
Thanks for the "mean girls" link Weisshaupt - very interesting.

I was dismayed and totally caught off-guard when Rush issued his apology. I really didn't expect it. I always figure that like a pool player Rush is thinking seven plays ahead of the current one and his use of the word slut was calculated for effect. I now know that it wasn't.

When I spar with the libs I try to be as precise as possible so as not to get out-maneuvered by the bastards. I may get tripped up on a fact here and there but usually when the "catch me" it is a grammatical error and not a flaw in my reasoning. This is why I wouldn't have used the term - I don't know (and couldn't know from the limited context) if she personally was that sort of person or not. What I do know is that Rush was effectively correct in that fluke argued for sluttism in general. The "right" to promiscuity without responsibility or consequence. What she demands is wrong and we shouldn't back down from that.

And no - I'm not abandoning Rush. Just recognizing for hie weaknesses as well as his strengths.

And telling him to keep his eye on the ball dammit!

::gaah::

edit: altard-proofed

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
The Sleep Number people can be reached at 888-411-2188 and their sales department is extension 4.

I got to vent to a sales guy for perhaps 4 minutes before he transferred me to a line where I could leave a message. I told him that I would be calling him back throughout the day to continue to waste his time and cost his company money.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »
The bit about trying to get him banned from Armed Forces radio is illustrative of what happens when government becomes massive. The argument is being made that since Armed Forces radio falls under the aegis of public ownership, it should not have content that "the public" claims is offensive. That public/government involvement is the lever used to strong arm compliance everywhere we look, and just wait until healthcare is completely under the government thumb. They'll be able to dictate virtually every aspect of your life while pretending it's still optional to comply...optional unless you plan to access any of the medical care over which they have a monopoly. Look at how the federal government dictates policy to the "sovereign" states. It ties all these strings to federal funding, while pretending that compliance is somehow optional since they don't have to accept the funding.

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
The Sleep Number people can be reached at 888-411-2188 and their sales department is extension 4.

I got to vent to a sales guy for perhaps 4 minutes before he transferred me to a line where I could leave a message. I told him that I would be calling him back throughout the day to continue to waste his time and cost his company money.

Told "Josh" what I thought and I left a message.  Not that anyone will ever listen to it.  AND I was actually thinkling about looking at the Sleep number bed.  Now I don't have to bother.

My husband defaults to pro-flowers sometimes. Guess we'll be saving money there.  As for the others it doesn't matter if I'm actually a customer.  I'm a potential customer and that's who they're trying to reach with their ads. 

I recognize that on some level it's all a game but if we don't step up to the board the left will take all the pieces and declare themselves the winner. 

I like MNhawk's option of paying per program.  I've been thinking about it a lot lately.  Not sure I can convince my husband to forego the satellite.  Oh my gosh, that was a big deal when we got it!  It took me ten years to get him to drop the newspaper soooo....we'll see.  I think I might be able to start with netflix..... ::evil::

I suppose my brothers will be getting Two if by Tea for their birthday presents.  lol
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:43:34 AM by LadyVirginia »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."