Author Topic: FYI - Gov Mark (Pills) Dayton Vetoed MN "Castle" Bill  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
FYI - Gov Mark (Pills) Dayton Vetoed MN "Castle" Bill
« on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:41 AM »
Not a surprise, but it still stinks because the POS and his cohorts are LIARS!

"The MN Police and Peace Officers Association, the MN Chiefs of Police and the MN Sheriffs Association represent the men and woman who risk their lives every day and night to protect the rest of us. When they strongly oppose a measure, because they believe it will increase the dangers to them in the performance of their duties, I cannot support it," Dayton wrote.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2855038/posts

Bull-effing-sh*t!  Once more Gov Goofy and the unionistas stand in unison against We the People, who being law-abiding citizens are denied a basic right!  These fothermucking liars say we don't have to retreat and can defend ourselves, but relying on the goodness of DA's and the courts is not a guarantee of OUR RIGHTS!

Here is the bills sponsor calling it right -

"Unfortunately for me, my hunch is that he’ll veto the bill due to the talking heads in law enforcement,” he said of the governor.

Cornish said some law enforcement officials agree with the bill but are “afraid to speak up.”

“If he does veto it, it will be because of the associations of police chiefs and sheriffs,” he said Monday.

http://www.wasecacountynews.com/content/dayton-vetoes-cornishs-gun-rights-bill

And get a load of this utter bullsh*t! -

“All law enforcement are somewhat against it as far as doing the legal work; there’s something called a no knock warrant where officers bust in the door. Someone could start shooting at law enforcement thinking they were in danger. I think it would increase the danger [to officers],” Waseca County Sheriff Brad Milbrath said.

He asshole, if we as permit holders have to disclose the fact we are carrying WHEN ASKED, certainly if you come to my door I would expect you to return the favor and FVCKING KNOCK first!

I am NOT a crackdealer, or any other kind of CRIMINAL, jackass!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: FYI - Gov Mark (Pills) Dayton Vetoed MN "Castle" Bill
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 10:45:47 AM »
I am sorry to hear about this. It's such a tired line of BS from these police chiefs (who are appointed political hacks). How many times have we heard some version of the "it's gonna be gunfight at the OK corral!" argument?  All the empirical evidence is to the contrary, but the truth is no defense against the liberal narrative...hell it just makes them double-down on it.  "This is the country we live in now".

And yes, the defense of the "no knock warrant" only underscores just how far we are sliding into a full blown police state.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
I'm going to compile and print off verbatim the pontifications of Dayton et all on this subject who all say we are OK and do not need to retreat and proceed under the proscription of Castle Doctrine and if any issue comes up, I am whipping that paper out and stuffing it in the face of the cop who is successful in placing me under arrest!  The DA, the Judge and any Jury will have it shoved into their faces too!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
“All law enforcement are somewhat against it as far as doing the legal work; there’s something called a no knock warrant where officers bust in the door. Someone could start shooting at law enforcement thinking they were in danger. I think it would increase the danger [to officers],” Waseca County Sheriff Brad Milbrath said.

Because if there are criminals in the house, and a no knock warrant were used, they surely would never shoot at police without the castle law being in place.

No Knock warrants should simply be illegal.  Yeah, the police looose the ability to suprise criminals in their lair. They also loose the ability to surprise law abiding citizens in their homes..

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 01:49:04 PM »
Exactly.  I reject the premise that crime fighting should be able to trump all other considerations.  Liberty trumps all other considerations.  If that means solving crime is more difficult and that sometimes dirtbags will get off scot-free, so be it.

It's this pursuit of a mythical perfection that is the common denominator to all totalitarian states.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:13:40 PM »
They ask us to buy the idea that cops being able to kick your door in unannounced will keep us all safer. Like THIS, for instance.

Marine murdered by SWAT at home Tucson, Arizona
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »
there’s something called a no knock warrant where officers bust in the door. Someone could start shooting at law enforcement thinking they were in danger.

I'm guessing the chances are, if they're busting down my door, I AM in danger. ::rockets::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson