Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 70096 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »
$4.39 

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 03:13:44 PM »
Energy Secretary Steven Chu told a House panel Tuesday that he’d give himself top marks when asked to grade his policies’ effects on energy prices.

Rep. Darrell Issa, the chairman of the House committee on Oversight and Government Reform, asked President Obama’s top energy official if he’d grade himself with an “A minus” on “controlling the cost of gasoline at the pump.”

Chu responded by saying he’d give himself a better grade than that.

“The tools we have at our disposal are limited, but I would I say I would give myself a little higher in that since I became Secretary of Energy, I’ve been doing everything I can to get long-term solutions,” Chu said.

Chu would give himself the top grade on gas prices despite that fact that the average price for a gallon of gas just hit $3.87 – the highest ever recorded in the month of March, according to ABC News.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »

An A isn't worth $h!t these days....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
Neither is Chu .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 04:56:19 AM »
Just hit $4.00 here in Cent. Ohio .... was $3.89 last week .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 07:01:41 AM »
3.69 is the best I can find.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 08:05:46 AM »
We broke the $4 barrier about a week ago and are now hovering around $4.07.

I always thought it darkly ironic that we have two refineries in this area and still the gas is higher here than in our surrounding states.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 08:40:46 AM »
Take a look at this site to see how Mr. Chu has done. You enter your make and model of car and it tells you how much it cost to fill it in January of 2009 versus today's average gas cost.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:24 AM »
But you see, illegal and unconstitutional moratoriums on drilling in the gulf, bans on building new refineries, stiffer regulations on existing ones, and refusal to import Canadian oil have NO effect on gas prices.  Its absurd to think a President could have any control over gas prices.  Now give me control of the economy.

Hey Colorado has one of the lower gas prices? Know why?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:15:19 AM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
Oh oh!  I know this one!  Lower taxes?

ETA - Oh OK, and direct access to low cost oil, nice!  Oh hey, that direct connection be local domestic, right?  Hmm, wonder why Obongo would be against that!

::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »

Obama visit to take credit for drilling - shuts down oilfields

soitgoesintexas
Uploaded by  on Mar 20, 2012
A voicemail message left by the Bureau of Land Management gives oil producers 24-hr notice of an Obama rig visit for campaign/pr speech. A 900 square mile area is to be evacuated and all oil field activity shut down. How ironic - let's shut the oil industry down because we are coming to take credit for encouraging it. Who are they kidding?
[blockquote]
Obama visits oil rig for PR speech and shuts down all oilfield activities for 900 square miles
President Obama is scheduled to make an energy policy speech (campaign speech) tomorrow at an oil rig near Carlsbad, New Mexico. The speech is to convince Americans that his administration has been promoting exploration and drilling, when in reality, he has waged an all out war on the petroleum industry since his inauguration.

Obama has stalled off-shore drilling permits in the Gulf of Mexico, increased regulation on the industry through the EPA, tried to take away tax incentives for increasing domestic drilling, tried to impede hydraulic fracing, denied the Keystone pipeline, etc., etc.

Now to make his public relations speech, his administration gave our nation's energy producers 24-hour notice that all activity within a 900 square mile area has to be shut down and evacuated for his politically motivated photo op.

You have a multi-million dollar drilling operation underway? Shut it down.

You have a ruptured gas line? You can't get there.

Trying to get supply in or out? No can do.

Are you an oil field worker paid by the hour or the day? Too bad.

I got a hold of this audio recording of the voicemail message left for an oil and gas producer in the area regarding the 24-hour notice to evacuate.

But don't blame the poor messengers, blame their boss.[/blockquote]

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
Neither he nor his stoopit-azz people get it.  Do they.

::gaah::

Within 900 miles?!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 11:36:38 PM »

900 sq. miles, that's a 30 mile perimeter.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 12:09:37 AM »
What would happen if they just didn't evacuate? What would happen if they showed up for work, and said, "The cost of shutting down for a day for a propaganda appearance for the president was too high. He'll have to speak elsewhere."

What would happen? Presumably, they are being told to shut down for security reasons. So, ruin security by showing up for work. If showing up would be somehow prohibited, they could instead work through the night, or sleep in their trucks overnight so that they would be actually on the job site before the SS showed up to evacuate them.

People have to start thinking this way. Hauling people away to jail for showing up to work would be bad campaign aesthetics. Obama being denied a propaganda stop because people demanded to be left alone to work would make him look like a fool. Obama would lose that showdown, either way.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 06:38:05 AM »
I wonder if Stymie pisses the same way he implements energy policy ... in dribbles .  ::thinking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
I wonder if Stymie pisses the same way he implements energy policy ... in dribbles .  ::thinking::

He probably forgets to shake...

Lookie here, half a pipeline, from a half-assed SCoaMF!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/21/usa-keystone-obama-idUSL1E8QL0G320120321

What an ass!  And this action does not make ANY construction imminent.  Pure political BS, and half-assed political BS at that!  What an assclown!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 08:02:57 AM »

Actually that's a 120 mile perimeter ... 30 miles on each side .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »

Actually that's a 120 mile perimeter ... 30 miles on each side .

Oh, right, perimeter, duh!

ETA - There is no way that entire area can be made 100% secure either, what a joke, I think it a blanket zone to cover with contingencies and something more manageable like a 4-5 mile perimeter is actively engaged.

And why is Stymie bothering to visit a rig, so he can point at it and chuckle and say "we drillin' baby"?  Who the frick is going to buy that BS?!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:11:55 AM by Libertas »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 08:24:21 AM »

He probably forgets to shake...

Lookie here, half a pipeline, from a half-assed SCoaMF!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/21/usa-keystone-obama-idUSL1E8QL0G320120321

What an ass!  And this action does not make ANY construction imminent.  Pure political BS, and half-assed political BS at that!  What an assclown!

No, it doesn't.

But TransCanada has not yet applied to build the southern leg, so it remains uncertain exactly which agencies would need to grant permits.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
Yes, and the states have to weigh in too.  This is all PR BS and poor PR BS at that!  But watch the MFM run with it like Stymie just shut up the Repub's on energy!  What leadership!  What bravery to buck enviromentalists!  What courageous action!

::puke::