Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 72256 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #420 on: January 16, 2015, 09:27:01 AM »
One of the highest spreads (percentage wise) between Sam's Club/Costco and the cartel of SuperAmericaHolidayBP I've ever see.  SC/C remains in $1.65 to $1.80 range and the cartel just coordinated a price fixing gouge back to $2.099.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #421 on: January 16, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
Yeah, but remember, the political class/ruling class/red-blue-purple teams made it easy to gouge up the sheeple and illegal to undercut the crooks!  Until they are dealt with this joke will go on.

What is hilarious are the OWS/Ferguson types continue to live in areas where they are gouged...and their tantrums are hardest on their neighbors!

For everyone else, there are options!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #422 on: January 16, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
It's even dropped below $2 in Crook County (Chicago) Illinois even.   Thought that price would never make it there.  With all the taxes loaded on top of the fed gas tax in Cook and Illinois,  I figured the tax would never allow it to drop below 2 bucks.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #423 on: January 20, 2015, 07:05:27 AM »
It hasn't reached the magical bottom then yet, and for each state the level will be different.  Retail margins have to be getting darn tight though.  It will be interesting to see if a point is reached where retailers stop selling and politico's are forced to do something (almostly certainly bad) to appease screaming masses demanding a necessary good.  Places like Chitcago could be among the first to experience this if prices fall further, but I doubt they will fall enough to find out...barring a worldwide economic collapse that is...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #424 on: January 20, 2015, 07:49:21 AM »
Illinois, as our drunken governor in Minnesota just proposed, applies the sales tax to gas.  That's why Illinois is always higher than surrounding states.  That's  pretty massive tax.

Still $1.80 at my Costco, compared to the price fixed, cartel price of $2.10.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2015, 08:02:52 AM »
Illinois, as our drunken governor in Minnesota just proposed, applies the sales tax to gas.  That's why Illinois is always higher than surrounding states.  That's  pretty massive tax.

Still $1.80 at my Costco, compared to the price fixed, cartel price of $2.10.

IL not alone, not are they the highest, though I bet Chitcago area skews it up as much as they can. 

What do most of these high-taxed states have in common?

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overview/industry-economics/fuel-taxes/gasoline-tax

If you guessed Democrats, you win a cookie!

PS-The API info is in agreement with the Wiki info, so to DemoCraps lurking out there the info is NOT biased!

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2015, 08:04:13 AM »
In my area as of yesterday - regular $1.89  diesel $2.99 [even though regular as gone down 1-2 cents daily, diesel as stayed the same for over a week] -- this old fart can't remember when the last time it was below $2.00
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2015, 08:18:35 AM »
Diesel is subject to seasonal demands - more expensive in winter (heating demand), where regular gas is more expensive in summer (temperature issues/summer demand) and diesel has more expensive environmental costs for clean burning.  Plus, diesel is more demand sensitive since it is not nearly as widely used as regular gas.  The commercial demand can increase with economic activity or increases in demand for commercial use, as well as noncommercial demand can affect its price, so it moves very little.  And refinery capacity is more oriented towards gasoline as well as servicing other types of fuels.  People cannot think about diesel prices the same way as regular gas, but Jack & Jill Public is largely ignorant of these facts and just thinks it is big oil gouging on diesel because they can't gouge as much on gas.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #428 on: February 11, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »
I haven't seen any action on this thread so I thought I'd crank it back up again.

10 days ago I bought a tankful of gas for 1.83/gal. 4 days ago I stopped by and it was 1.99/gal. Today I fueled up for 2.19/gal.

Easy come/easy go...

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #429 on: February 11, 2015, 09:37:14 PM »
I haven't seen any action on this thread so I thought I'd crank it back up again.

10 days ago I bought a tankful of gas for 1.83/gal. 4 days ago I stopped by and it was 1.99/gal. Today I fueled up for 2.19/gal.

Easy come/easy go...

You can thank nationwide refinery strikes for the price increases.   Thanks again unions!

One of my brother's friends is "locked in" (he is management at BP)  at the local refinery during the strike.   Even if your not a member of any union, its not a good idea to cross the "picket" line.   So your stuck inside the plant for several shifts. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #430 on: February 12, 2015, 06:42:04 AM »
Labor in this land (not just this industry, but in several key industries) got all out of whack decades ago.  Progs made it worse with prevailing wage BS and all manner of union-sheltering non-union-punishing stupidity...all a clear indication that we are in the final stages of this chicanery.

I bought gas at an Exxon this am, damn machine wouldn't give me a receipt!  I think I paid in the $2.80's for premium, still not bad, if not for Fedcoat muckery and unionista racketeering it could be a lot less.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #431 on: February 12, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
I think $1.809 was as low as I got, at Costgo.  $2.099, now.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #432 on: February 12, 2015, 10:03:59 AM »
Supreme in So Cal 2 weeks ago - $2.599/gal
Supreme in So Cal yesterday - $3.099/gal
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #433 on: February 12, 2015, 11:09:18 AM »
I'm sure Jerry Brown will help things move in the right direction....

::unknowncomic::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2015, 07:45:58 PM »
  2.49.9 today !!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2015, 07:41:54 AM »
$2.099 for me, although the gouge mark for the price fixing cartel is now at $2.299.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #436 on: February 16, 2015, 08:07:01 AM »
Yeah, twenty cent spread sounds just about right...   ::)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #438 on: February 26, 2015, 07:57:34 AM »
Costco $2.119 vs. the price fixed gouge mark of $2.349.

I can't blame the refinery workers.  It's a skilled position and they know they're not easily replaced.  If society doesn't like it, society should start producing more skilled labor and fewer retards with Poli Sci degrees.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #439 on: February 26, 2015, 08:11:28 AM »
I can blame them a little...but for certain the biggest culprit here is the Federal government...their mandates and their refusal to authorize new construction have helped erode the condition of our infrastructure...where I will cut the workers some slack is having to work in an increasingly dangerous environment...but I wonder if they know who is primarily responsible for that?