Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 72345 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 09:26:19 PM »
I read this article earlier today and have found it of some benefit.  For those of you who are aware of our refining status and distribution methods, much of this will be a refresher, but there is enough interesting info to glean from this to benefit everyone.

Ignoring the Peak Oil true-believers commenting on the article, I think it does a fine job pointing out the limitations of our refining operations and the benefit of exploiting the Canadian oil sands, which as we all know probably won't be acted upon until Obama is pink-slipped or otherwise removed kicking and screaming.  That Canada is our number one foreign source now seems to underscore the need to further solidy our relationship with them since they are a good neighbor and all.

The details of the tank farm at Cushing, OK caught my eye here and I guess I need to chase after some more data, I'd like to see how consumption relates to capaicty and storage on hand, but I'll see if I can dig into that another time.  Right now I am fascinated with the raw numbers.

Anyway, here's the ZH article -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/guest-post-oil-price-differentials-caught-between-sands-and-pipelines

Most recent Petroleum report -

http://205.254.135.7/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/weekly_petroleum_status_report/current/pdf/wpsrall.pdf

Knowing what PADD you are in and what the stats are is interesting.  I think the low fuel product numbers across all types for the East in comparison to the other PADD's is odd.

Gas prices by region, which we've linked before.  I had noticed prices in Minnie have dropped to 3.50 range, which seems ot be properly reflected in this report.

http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/

My eyes and head are a bit tired now, too late for any meaningful analysis, maybe somebody can take a whack at it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 09:46:11 PM »
The EIA numbers are just a bit off for Washington state. We're hovering around the $4 mark at everything except the discount gas stations (which are at about $3.90). We have a Shell refinery here in western Washington that has been down for repairs for months now and I've heard that this is the reason why fuel prices have been so much higher than anything except Hawaii.

The Ethanol-free gas that I but for my pickup has been running around $4.35 but it's worth it not to have to run that cat-pee that they're pushing on us elsewhere.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »

Saw a Shell station for 3.19 on the highway.
Paid 2.99 with SuperShopper discount card.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2012, 01:11:32 AM »
Gas prices in southern CO are at 3.75 down from 4.00 about two months ago. Still too high. The O'Bongo economy and energy policy can't end quickly enough.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2012, 08:13:56 AM »
Gas cost in Tennessee is hovering around 3.00. With any type of (true) energy policy,directed at Canada and our own resources, gas cost could be held in the mid 2.50's in the states while escess supply used competing for market share with the dictators of the world.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2012, 07:06:04 AM »
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204012004577072470158115782.html

"To recap: Congress subsidized a product that didn't exist, mandated its purchase though it still didn't exist, is punishing oil companies for not buying the product that doesn't exist, and is now doubling down on the subsidies in the hope that someday it might exist. We'd call this the march of folly, but that's unfair to fools."

How much of the fine is being tied into the price of gasoline???? All of it as usual.

We have a fictional government that is complicit in this fraud scheme. If it weren't bad enough to have these idiots mandate something unnecessarily we are now paying for something that never existed. ::outrage:: ::moneyshaker::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 07:27:33 AM »
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204012004577072470158115782.html

"To recap: Congress subsidized a product that didn't exist, mandated its purchase though it still didn't exist, is punishing oil companies for not buying the product that doesn't exist, and is now doubling down on the subsidies in the hope that someday it might exist. We'd call this the march of folly, but that's unfair to fools."

How much of the fine is being tied into the price of gasoline???? All of it as usual.

We have a fictional government that is complicit in this fraud scheme. If it weren't bad enough to have these idiots mandate something unnecessarily we are now paying for something that never existed. ::outrage:: ::moneyshaker::

I remember this boondoggle. We don't have one elected official willing to question this idiocy. Chuck Woolery could add this to his cost cutting measures.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2012, 01:49:34 PM »
Gas cost in Tennessee is hovering around 3.00. With any type of (true) energy policy,directed at Canada and our own resources, gas cost could be held in the mid 2.50's in the states while escess supply used competing for market share with the dictators of the world.

3.05 down here as of today.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2012, 10:46:12 AM »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/crude-spikes-news-iran-lawmakers-propose-hormuz-blockade-sanction-countries

What goes down, must come up. In this case crude, which is soaring on news out of FARS that Iranian lawmakers have drafted a bill proposing a blockade of the Straits of Hormuz for oil tankers ...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »
And then continued mfg decline sucks them down again.  Welcome to man-made global instability and the never ending volatility that goes with it.   ::)

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »

We don't need no steenkin' energy policy!

Seriously, we would be far, far better off without one. 
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »

Yeah, Official U.S. Energy Policy: DRILL BABY DRILL

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »

Yeah, Official U.S. Energy Policy: DRILL BABY DRILL

"You need a solution to your energy problems, so let me introduce you to my leetle frienns...

Laissez and Faire."
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2012, 11:31:24 AM »

We don't need no steenkin' energy policy!

Seriously, we would be far, far better off without one. 

When I speak energy policy, I mean for gov't to get their intrusive azzes out of the way, which means take the spigot off.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2012, 06:59:30 AM »
Been warning about our aging refineries and distribution systems for years, now the band aids are literally beginning to fall off..

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/chevrons-largest-california-refinery-immediate-extreme-health-hazard-fire-energency

This will help gas prices, eh?   ::facepalm::

But please, let us piss more wealth away on green boondoggles!   ::outrage::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
$3.50/gallon is the tipping point for job creation

(at least $3.50 in current value.. )

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »
yesterday it was $4.15 near me
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2012, 11:03:45 AM »
The SuperAmericaBPHoliday metro wide price fixing mark hit $3.859 yesterday. 

Costco held at $3.599.  Glad I got that membership to avoid these weekly gouges, which are a fixture of any market Super America or Speedway controls.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »
The early prediction from a service we subscribe to has wholesale gas and diesel going up $.07/gallon today