Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 72380 times)

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #360 on: December 23, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »
Chicago is usually +20 over Minnesota, because you guys apply the sales tax to gas.

And local, county and other taxes are added to the total cost per gallon, including the fed tax. Tax upon a tax.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #361 on: December 24, 2013, 06:27:34 AM »
$2.749

Costco

12011 Technology Dr near E of Prairie Center Dr
   Eden Prairie    

Topless2012

4 hours ago

Hopefully, they're open this morning.  A full 45c below the SuperAmericaSpeedway designated gouge mark.  That would be a record.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #362 on: December 24, 2013, 07:22:21 AM »
Yes!

Merry Christmas from Costco!   ::thumbsup::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #363 on: December 30, 2013, 03:08:40 PM »
$3.299 the gouge mark is, as of today.

Did a fun little experiment over the weekend.  Went from the TC to Des Moines on crapohol, and did 27.4MPG.  Filled up with pure unleaded, which mixed with my 1/5 tank of gasohol and did 30.4 to the Quad Cities.  Filled up again coming home with pure unleaded and did over 31.

It really is a wretched winter blend of crapohol they mandate in Minnesota.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #364 on: December 30, 2013, 04:59:56 PM »
$3.299 the gouge mark is, as of today.

Did a fun little experiment over the weekend.  Went from the TC to Des Moines on crapohol, and did 27.4MPG.  Filled up with pure unleaded, which mixed with my 1/5 tank of gasohol and did 30.4 to the Quad Cities.  Filled up again coming home with pure unleaded and did over 31.

It really is a wretched winter blend of crapohol they mandate in Minnesota.

Yup.  After the minimum federally mandated blending requirements...further meddling is just so...so...more agenda-driven that it already is!

::pullhair::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »
Just can't figure out why people let the government do this sh*t to you. ::rockethrow::

How much BS is enough before the population is willing to just begin shooting at the politicians? I figure about 25 militants is way more than enough for the political asswipes to get the hint but nobody is willing to ante up.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2013, 08:50:57 AM »
Because most people are too stupid to do what I did, as early as 1987.  Keep an eye on gas mileage.  I was a good patriotic Iowegian, who did the patriotic thing, and filled up with crapohol at my local FS station.  I watched my gas mileage immediately go from 20 down to 15.  I thought something was wrong with my car.  After a few tank fulls, for whatever reason, I went to another station and put pure gas back in my car, and my gas mileage immediately returned to 20.

Face it.  Most people in Obama's America are too stupid to notice such a thing.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2013, 08:59:04 PM »
Because most people are too stupid to do what I did, as early as 1987.  Keep an eye on gas mileage.  I was a good patriotic Iowegian, who did the patriotic thing, and filled up with crapohol at my local FS station.  I watched my gas mileage immediately go from 20 down to 15.  I thought something was wrong with my car.  After a few tank fulls, for whatever reason, I went to another station and put pure gas back in my car, and my gas mileage immediately returned to 20.

Face it.  Most people in Obama's America are too stupid to notice such a thing.
Unfortunate for us all, you're spot on. If they would only learn to self terminate.... ::thinking::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #368 on: January 01, 2014, 01:16:48 PM »
Yup, periodically been marking my mileage for decades.

Most people just take the manufacturers label as gospel and never think about it...but are convinced oil companies are the main culprit in prices...their share of the net profit is only like 8 cents...compared to a dollar plus all fed/state/local taxes are factored in...and they are completely ignorant of the regulatory mandates on refining and distribution.  Nobody is a bigger gouger than government.  Nobody!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #369 on: January 09, 2014, 07:14:42 AM »
3.28 for premium at CostCo yesterday, it's come up a bit.

Offline oldcoastie6468

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »
$3.29 at Speedway this morning. I haven't checked Indiana prices though.
U.S. Coast Guard veteran, 1964-1968

Will Rogers never met Barack Obama. He would not like Obama.

I hate liberals. Liberalism is a disease that causes severe brain damage after it tries to suck knowledge and history out of yours.

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
I paid $3.899 for super at a United Oil in Hunting Beach Ca. last night
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #372 on: January 09, 2014, 11:26:57 AM »
Under $4 in Cal-e-four-nee-aay has to be about as good as it gets, eh?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2014, 08:13:55 AM »
As usual the recent runnup in prices is not related to supply issues, merely psycholigical panic...which I am sure the PTBs are beyond exploiting...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/06/23/aaa-iraq-civil-war-pushing-up-gas-prices-in-us/

Iraq my ass!

::mooning::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2014, 08:30:21 AM »
$3.499 at Costco, $3.659 at the SuperAmerica/Speedway led cartel, here.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #375 on: June 23, 2014, 09:47:32 AM »

Most people just take the manufacturers label as gospel and never think about it...but are convinced oil companies are the main culprit in prices...their share of the net profit is only like 8 cents...compared to a dollar plus all fed/state/local taxes are factored in...and they are completely ignorant of the regulatory mandates on refining and distribution.  Nobody is a bigger gouger than government.  Nobody!

Oil companies make 6-15 cents profit on every gallon.  Various Govts make over 50 cents.  Who is gouging again?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #376 on: June 23, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »

Oil companies make 6-15 cents profit on every gallon.  Various Govts make over 50 cents.  Who is gouging again?

Gas? - Goobermints.  Oil? - Their buddies on Wall St and the commodities markets profit from speculation driven largely by ginned up fears like Iraq, which all by itself is not a huge player in the oil market and for which the present chaos there is not affecting supplies out of the PG...they made thier play before the markets opened...and look forward to some sheep shearing...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #377 on: June 23, 2014, 12:00:51 PM »
Currently afoot in Congress, a bi-partisan (meaning one Dem/one Rep) effort to raise Fed gas taxes and then peg it to inflation to avoid ever having to vote on it again.  They're looking for a 12 cent increase over two years, raising the Fed tax from 18 to 30 cents per gallon, because .....

... the federal Highway Trust Fund, which pays for highway and transit projects, will encounter a shortfall before the end of the fiscal year.

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut and Sen. Bob Corker, a Tennessee Republican, want to raise federal gasoline and diesel taxes for the first time since 1993.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/gas-tax-increase-congress/2014/06/19/id/578116/

Well, if they'd stop STEALING from the Highway "Trust Fund", there would be no "shortfall".

Every day, every damned day.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #378 on: June 23, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »
Corker.....Another feather in the disappointment cap.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
Hey, you know how leftist whack jobs protesting the sensible slaughter of animals for food and clothing would toss blood on people as a protest vehicle...(I guess the smelly hippies would do that to returning vets too now that I think about it...)

I'm thinking the same thing but with gas...