Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 72424 times)

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »
Hey, you know how leftist whack jobs protesting the sensible slaughter of animals for food and clothing would toss blood on people as a protest vehicle...(I guess the smelly hippies would do that to returning vets too now that I think about it...)

I'm thinking the same thing but with gas...

And an open flame nearby??
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2014, 04:49:14 PM »
Currently afoot in Congress, a bi-partisan (meaning one Dem/one Rep) effort to raise Fed gas taxes and then peg it to inflation to avoid ever having to vote on it again.  They're looking for a 12 cent increase over two years, raising the Fed tax from 18 to 30 cents per gallon, because .....

... the federal Highway Trust Fund, which pays for highway and transit projects, will encounter a shortfall before the end of the fiscal year.

Democratic Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut and Sen. Bob Corker, a Tennessee Republican, want to raise federal gasoline and diesel taxes for the first time since 1993.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/gas-tax-increase-congress/2014/06/19/id/578116/

Well, if they'd stop STEALING from the Highway "Trust Fund", there would be no "shortfall".

Every day, every damned day.

This sort of horsesh*t will have to be addressed explicitly in the next republic, sort of like how our own Founders specifically addressed the things burned into their recent memory.

A law, a tax, whatever, cannot be allowed to take on a life of its own. These things should not be variable, because with something like this lo and behold the bureaucracy is no longer just the tax collector they're also rate setter (since they are the ones who define the rate of inflation, to which Congress has stupidly pegged the tax). It's just one more way for an unelected bureaucracy to manipulate things without accountability to anyone.

It's like that monstrosity of ObamaCare. The legislation is full of phrases like "the Secretary shall determine". The bureaucracy has been given far too much latitude, and in the first place it was never Congress's to hand out like party favors.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #382 on: June 23, 2014, 10:31:02 PM »
Gas is up $.05/gallon since last week. I'm expecting much higher pricing due to BO's unexpected war in the Middle East.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »
Hey, you know how leftist whack jobs protesting the sensible slaughter of animals for food and clothing would toss blood on people as a protest vehicle...(I guess the smelly hippies would do that to returning vets too now that I think about it...)

I'm thinking the same thing but with gas...

And an open flame nearby??

Oops!  Sorry, didn't see your gas-soaked ass just standing there waiting for a spark...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2014, 07:07:24 AM »
Gas is up $.05/gallon since last week. I'm expecting much higher pricing due to BO's unexpected war in the Middle East.

Yeah, but whose side is he on?  Sure as shyt ain't ours!!!

PS-I have to laugh at that progression above...it reminds me of the so-called "march of progress" the Darwinian's like that I have renamed "the march of the proglodytes" and reprint below:

I think that is Obama in the back!

::hysterical::

Yeah, O'Bongo will eff this Middle East up for permanent...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:12:15 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2014, 07:02:54 AM »
And it really isn't my imagination...prices everywhere have crept up again...

http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com/Price_By_County.aspx

Punch in 90210 zipcode and look at those prices!   ::exitstageleft::

Poor Californicators!

And crude has slipped back down to the 105's...but that won't translate into much of a drop, even when the slack releases from the lag...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2014, 07:40:25 AM »
The first $2.799 has shown up in the Twin Cities.  $2.909 at my local Costgo.  That will no doubt drop as the trend is down down down

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2014, 08:04:10 AM »
Premium at 3.15 at my local CostCo...let's get that below 3.00, OK?!   ::whoohoo::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2014, 10:20:23 AM »
Speaking of Premium, I notice the spread at Costco is now over +30.  It wasn't that long ago I drove a Premium car when I thought anything over +10 was a ripoff.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2014, 10:31:03 AM »
And yet...they are still the best deal in town...

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »
regular last night was $2.92 near me
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #391 on: November 05, 2014, 11:34:07 AM »
Oil below $80 should keep gas prices about the same for a while, no growth out there to fuel anything, pun intended.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #392 on: December 01, 2014, 07:47:50 AM »
Liking the cheaper prices on premium gas...sweet crude dipped to low $64's this AM, now rallied up a bit to $66.30.

The ZeroHedgers continue to push the meme gleefully that OPEC refusing to cut production is meant to beat the crap out of the US oil shale industry while pretending the drop in prices hasn't hurt Russia nearly as much, but as this report shows the Ruble continues to get hammered, and how can they then say the drop in oil prices is offset by devalued currency and is somehow miraculously mutually exclusive to them?  It's not like this is a viable long term solution to Russian interests, it's not even a short term solution to Russian interests!

I swear, the whole world is nucking futs!!!

Meanwhile, cheaper gas - thanks.  Oh, and keep natural gas below 4 if you can, it's colder than heck here!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2014, 07:55:44 AM »
$2.259 and falling, at Costco last night.  Almost to that magic level that that batcrap crazy Michele Bachmann said we could get back to, with increased production.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2014, 08:09:24 AM »
I let my tank drop more than I usually do and had to hit whatever I could this morning, hit an Exxon and filled up with premium, even at this higher-priced store 92 octane was just $2.63, CostCo's is $2.51, that's as narrow a spread I've seen for premium in quite a while.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #395 on: December 18, 2014, 10:38:44 AM »
Oil below $80 should keep gas prices about the same for a while, no growth out there to fuel anything, pun intended.

A punster friend of mine sent a group email of 10 puns out to 10 friends...hoping that at least one of the wordsmithed groaners would elicit a laugh; but alas...

...not one pun in ten did.
 ;D
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #396 on: December 19, 2014, 04:33:01 AM »

A punster friend of mine sent a group email of 10 puns out to 10 friends...hoping that at least one of the wordsmithed groaners would elicit a laugh; but alas...

...not one pun in ten did.
 ;D

Lord knows, I love a groaner!
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #397 on: December 19, 2014, 05:53:53 AM »
Liking the cheaper prices on premium gas...sweet crude dipped to low $64's this AM, now rallied up a bit to $66.30.

The ZeroHedgers continue to push the meme gleefully that OPEC refusing to cut production is meant to beat the crap out of the US oil shale industry while pretending the drop in prices hasn't hurt Russia nearly as much, but as this report shows the Ruble continues to get hammered, and how can they then say the drop in oil prices is offset by devalued currency and is somehow miraculously mutually exclusive to them?  It's not like this is a viable long term solution to Russian interests, it's not even a short term solution to Russian interests!

I swear, the whole world is nucking futs!!!

Meanwhile, cheaper gas - thanks.  Oh, and keep natural gas below 4 if you can, it's colder than heck here!
A completely different take on the oil surplus in production.http://shoebat.com/2014/12/12/oil-war-begun-will-eventually-lead-doom-mecca-worship-antichrist/
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #398 on: December 19, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »
Well, sure, the Saudis have always been willing to be playmates with whomever might give them the best advantage/leverage, they'll play that game for as long as they can...for as long as the oil lasts or as long as their rule lasts...the former has an expiration date, the latter is more murky.  There are huge questions over their royal succession and what it means for Saudi policy.  As long as they have their rule, as long as they have their oil and as long as they have Mecca they will be at the center of everything going on in the region.  I think the easiest way to destabilize them is through infiltration of the royal household and a decapitation of their leading patriarchs, a gambit their primary foes in Tehran are no doubt looking at, albeit their approach may be heavy-handed and easier to uncover, but others may try the same idea, and somebody more sophisticated or perhaps with outside (cough, Russia!) help could achieve it.  And as we saw with AQ the Saudis have plenty of enemies within, a byproduct of Wahabi extremism, and now ISIS poses the same threat.  Anyway, whatever happens, if they all kill each other off and Israel remains safe it's all good to me.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #399 on: December 23, 2014, 06:18:46 AM »
update

Costco
12547 Riverdale Blvd NW & Northdale Blvd
Coon Rapids   
barbar123
1 hour ago

update

11660 Winnetka Ave N & 117th Ave N