Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 72422 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 10:29:21 AM »
Mine actually went down to $4.19 this morning. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:56 AM »
Had some friends from England in town last week, they said gas there is $11 per gallon.  That's the model Obama and Chu are looking to.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2012, 11:35:52 AM »
Had some friends from England in town last week, they said gas there is $11 per gallon.  That's the model Obama and Chu are looking to.

That bureacrats and politicians aren't decorating Englands streetlights highlights a level of indifference I doubt would exist here if prices were nearing that level.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »
My daughter told me she'll give up a lot before she'll let high gas prices keep her from traveling--which is what she thinks the regime wants.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »
Well, I seem to be losing the battle to buy non ethanol gas. The last station in my town to sell 100% gas has fallen. All around me is ethanol. A few stations within 30 miles of me sell non ethanol in premium only.

I'm not as sad as my bass boat. Large HP bassboat engines do not like ethanol gas, partly because ethanol does not produce the horsepower, partly because ethanol laced gas causes the primer bulbs to fail and partly, if you leave ethanol laced gas in your tank for a prolonged time, it separates and clogs up injectors, etc, resulting in large repair bills.

I did drive out of my way to put premium in my boat, 4.17 gallon, but it is 93 octane and bass engines normally preform better with 87 octane. I guess it will be the trade off I suffer. I sure hope my gov't assists be in the future with 15% ethanol. (end sarc)
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that Predator Don. I still have one place in town that sells real gasoline. If they go I'll have to revert to driving 22 miles out of my way to get gas for my old Chevy.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 07:39:35 AM »
Check this out, Obama's increase in gas prices while in office has just  surpassed Carter's!

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/04/09/gas-prices-grow-more-under-obama-than-carter

With higher prices expected into Memorial Day and the summer months, Obama is sure to out misery Carter going into his reelection push!

Get your gas pump reminder notes ready, we need to little the truth all summer and fall!   ;)

ETA -

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/04/obama-to-supporters-voters-face-starkest-contrast-since-johnson-goldwater/

Couldn't resist!  One moron outdoing another, priceless.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:14:56 PM by Libertas »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
...not to worry gas prices, like the economy, will mysteriously improve this fall...um, probably October. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 07:26:03 AM »
The only surprise I am looking forward to in October is a miraculous appearance of all the Boy Tyrants personal records that have been amazingly sanitized off the face of the earth!  That would make my decade!

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »
I participated in this four years ago when it was Pelosi and Reid who were standing in the way of more drilling. I guess it's time to crank it up again. This time, though, when you put a note on a gas pump or a grocery store shelf you can take a picture of it and post it on Facebook or Twitter. As long as gas prices and inflation are on the increase this is a very powerful visual online and in real life for the unthinking independent voters.

Other pictures and links to be had here and here.

This is one of the images that I printed onto self adhesive labels and stuck to gas pumps in my area:

Another thing that I did four years ago (and I looked all over and couldn't find a picture) was to write a message around the edge of currency (usually ten or twenty dollar bills) about how wonderful it was that this money didn't buy as much as it used to.

These are all guerrilla marketing tactics in getting a message through to potential voters...reminding them how crappy life is now and how it used to be better just a few short years ago. Any message should mention O'Bongo by name...it's much more effective...or mention O'Bongo along with "Democrat" so that people have it focused in their minds where the blame lies.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2012, 06:54:35 AM »

Bang/Zoom!

::thumbsup::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
Eric Bolling was going to open his envelope Fri. eve . Anybody see what was in it ?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »

That would be tonight.
Sarah's going to help him.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
Apparently, this gentleman did see a disclaimer (like those we posted above) on the pump he used.

Should put the blame where it properly belongs!

http://www.enterprisenews.com/topstories/x101301864/High-gas-prices-prompt-call-to-Brockton-police

::)

Offline Rokoil

• Newb
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2012, 12:30:53 PM »
 $5.26 a gallon, on St. John today.
First gas station after you pass 3 Recovery Act signs.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2012, 04:24:26 AM »
Well, I seem to be losing the battle to buy non ethanol gas. The last station in my town to sell 100% gas has fallen. All around me is ethanol. A few stations within 30 miles of me sell non ethanol in premium only.

I'm not as sad as my bass boat. Large HP bassboat engines do not like ethanol gas, partly because ethanol does not produce the horsepower, partly because ethanol laced gas causes the primer bulbs to fail and partly, if you leave ethanol laced gas in your tank for a prolonged time, it separates and clogs up injectors, etc, resulting in large repair bills.

I did drive out of my way to put premium in my boat, 4.17 gallon, but it is 93 octane and bass engines normally preform better with 87 octane. I guess it will be the trade off I suffer. I sure hope my gov't assists be in the future with 15% ethanol. (end sarc)

This sort of crap will continue as long as the government bribes farmers to divert their corn crops to this venue .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »
$5.26 a gallon, on St. John today.
First gas station after you pass 3 Recovery Act signs.

Ouch.  Probably the same for the Pacific territories too, no local refining capacity means fuels have to be shipped finished.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2012, 03:15:19 PM »

This sort of crap will continue as long as the government bribes farmers to divert their corn crops to this venue .

I've found a small station about 8 miles from me with 100% gas. I normally don't travel the road but I will now. I did make it a point to let my old station know the 250 - 300 I spend on fuel will be going elsewhere because of their choice to stop selling real gas.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2012, 03:26:17 PM »

There's some shallow water between Haiti and Guantanamo.
It looks like an ideal location for an offshore refinery, all that
imported oil wouldn't have to be shipped around FL over to
LA and TX, that would save money too.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
I did make it a point to let my old station know the 250 - 300 I spend on fuel will be going elsewhere because of their choice to stop selling real gas.

::thumbsup::

::clapping::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus