Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 72421 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2012, 07:02:39 AM »
Yeah, he'll have carpal tunnel day 1.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »
3.59.9 last night was 3.64.9 the same morning
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2012, 06:10:22 AM »
$3.549 for me last night at Costgo.  Lowest in a couple months.  Everyone else in town just dropped into the $3.70's.  Why anyone still goes to the cartel of SuperFraud/BP/Holiday is beyond me.  That membership is going to pay for itself several times over.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2012, 06:56:55 AM »
$3.549 for me last night at Costgo.  Lowest in a couple months.  Everyone else in town just dropped into the $3.70's.  Why anyone still goes to the cartel of SuperFraud/BP/Holiday is beyond me.  That membership is going to pay for itself several times over.

Will hit the CostCo on the way home today.

I still have some legacy points from Superfraud...all I do is print off a $.50/gal coupon off and fill up on a Tuesday when they match...when I remember to do it that is...once those retarded points are gone so am I...I figure by year end that crap will be used up.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2012, 07:09:20 AM »
SA on Bloomington Ferry Road & 169 was $3.499 this morning.  I think there's a gas war going on over there.

From the place I was banned at.  ::evil::

Yes, definite gas war in Bloomington.

Which makes all the $3.70's in Eden Prairie look all the more obnoxious!  ::doublebird::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #165 on: October 17, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »
You were banned?   ::hysterical::

Lemme guess, attacked the corporate cartel did ya?

I had a co-worker get banned from Kinnick Stadium, I'd say that was worse!   Especially since he was Iowa born & bred and a massive Hawkeye fan.  Too drunk & rowdy for Kinnick?  Didn't think that was possible!  ::hysterical::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #166 on: October 17, 2012, 08:34:04 AM »
They had a Republican purge, wow, 7 years ago now.  I was one of the earliest members, and one of the first million pointers.

I was told not to respond to another member who liked to type up things like 50% of the US budget is for the military.  He also liked to start threads like, "Lies and the liars that tell them" in order to put Bush quotes into.  I would copy paste his quotes and insert them into thread.  I was told to stop.  I didn't.  ::evil::

Another guy (a missionary for God's sakes!) was banned for using the term loony liberal.

Another was banned for complaining.  So on and so on. 

They're a website governed by who complains.  Leftists, being leftist pieces of garbage, complain about speech they don't like, hence...

Tef,

It doesn’t matter, we’ve asked you to stop, and it’s our website.

So there I sit, ranked 6400, without a bullet.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
They had a Republican purge, wow, 7 years ago now.  I was one of the earliest members, and one of the first million pointers.

I was told not to respond to another member who liked to type up things like 50% of the US budget is for the military.  He also liked to start threads like, "Lies and the liars that tell them" in order to put Bush quotes into.  I would copy paste his quotes and insert them into thread.  I was told to stop.  I didn't.  ::evil::

Another guy (a missionary for God's sakes!) was banned for using the term loony liberal.

Another was banned for complaining.  So on and so on. 

They're a website governed by who complains.  Leftists, being leftist pieces of garbage, complain about speech they don't like, hence...

Tef,

It doesn’t matter, we’ve asked you to stop, and it’s our website.

So there I sit, ranked 6400, without a bullet.

It must have been that Tone thing that was going around. ::thinking::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2012, 06:57:24 PM »
1st Amendment loathing weak-minded candy-crowley-asses.

3.74 for 92 at CostCo, my beast only guzzles the best. 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2012, 12:19:21 AM »
Today I saw an Obama/Biden sign at a street corner right under a gas station sign.  I thought it would be very appropriate to put an additional sign right next to the Obama sign that reads "If you want four more years of these gas prices" and a giant arrow pointing upward.

I need to have some made.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
What exactly are we paying for in a gallon of gasoline?
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2012, 08:31:11 AM »
This is a breakdown of exactly what we are paying for when we buy a gallon of gasoline. So much Leftist demagoguery against "BigOil" rails against their profit margin. They demonize energy producers as greedy corporate pigs, interested only in their own profit and the political control it can buy.

But... The key takeaway from this analysis?

On each gallon of gasoline (priced at a currently laughable $3.27/gallon):
Government collects in taxation: .39¢/gallon
BigOil profits? Only .08¢/gallon

Who is the greedy pig feeding a beast at the public's expense? BigOil, or the federal government?

What exactly are we paying for in a gallon of gasoline?

ETA: And WHY is the GOP so feckless at making this point when they make the case that the Left is anti-business? They have a prime piece of evidence here, and they should wield it like a club.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2012, 08:42:03 AM »
OMG!  You are NOT using BigOil propaganda, aka an industry source, as factual, are you?   :o
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »
North Carolina has a floor for gas taxes to ensure the State gets so many cents per gallon despite the price.  Nice, huh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #173 on: October 18, 2012, 09:01:58 AM »
That SA I pass as I go into Bloomington is down to $3.469.  The BP few blocks back into Eden Prairie is all the way down to $3.699.  I've never seen such a sustained spread with stations so close.  It's like all of Bloomington is a quarter cheaper than all of Eden Prairie.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #174 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:44 PM »
North Carolina has a floor for gas taxes to ensure the State gets so many cents per gallon despite the price.  Nice, huh.

Ours has statutes preventing under-cutting price wars, supposed to keep big players from crushing Mom & Pop operators into oblivion, but all it does is encourage collusion among retailers and there really aren't much if any Mom & Pop gas stations left anyway, so...it's all bullsh*t.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #175 on: October 18, 2012, 12:09:33 PM »
Fluctuating so much I don't pay attention anymore. When I need gas I buy it. And please, can we quit with the 'Rewards" cards already? I have enough crap in my wallet without a dozen reward cards.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #176 on: October 18, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »
The BP one used to be really nice.  5% back on BP products.  Using that card at a BP made them as cheap as anyone around, outside of membership places.

Then they ruined it.  The payback might have been better than the typical 1% card... if you had a 20 gallon tank, as payback was a one time payout up to 20 gallons.  If you only can put in 10 gallons, you're SOL, as payback came to about 0.6% or 0.7%.

That's when I went Costgo.  3% back (Costco Amex) on $3.549 is a better deal than 5% back on $3.699.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #177 on: October 18, 2012, 12:24:50 PM »

The major grocer out here offers a MasterCard. Use the card for purchases and for every $100.00 purchase receive .15 discount on gas.  Works for me.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #178 on: October 18, 2012, 12:37:28 PM »

The major grocer out here offers a MasterCard. Use the card for purchases and for every $100.00 purchase receive .15 discount on gas.  Works for me.

There's a grocer here that offers something similar except it would require I shop at that store.  It's a union shop with high prices and not much selection.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #179 on: October 18, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
...can we quit with the 'Rewards" cards already? I have enough crap in my wallet without a dozen reward cards.

As long as I can keep my Cabela's.
 ::unknowncomic::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson