Author Topic: Gasoline prices  (Read 72387 times)

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Gasoline prices
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »
...can we quit with the 'Rewards" cards already? I have enough crap in my wallet without a dozen reward cards.

As long as I can keep my Cabela's.
 ::unknowncomic::

I do carry my Bass Pro card with me. Everyone has a rewards card now. Was in ace hardware... "want a rewards card?" MAPCO Gas...same thing. Grocery store, Airline miles, I need a separate wallet just for those dang cards. Never have the correct one on me anyway. ( well, except Bass Pro)
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #181 on: October 19, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »
Target, 5% off, which makes them 5% (less 1c  ::laughonfloor:: ) cheaper than WalMart.

Pass on the Cub card.  5c off at Holiday for $50 spent.  I go to Costgo and get 20c off. 

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2012, 07:50:25 AM »
The 30c range holds, between the cartel of Eden Prairie, and the Bloomington market which has a healthy mix of Indy stations.

$3.599 throughout Eden Prairie, $3.299 as soon as you cross the border into Bloomington.  It could be worse.  I saw a lot of $3.699's in St. Paul, going to church yesterday.

Falling fast.  But the spread...yikes!  I guess a few station owners are trying to milk the high prices a few more days as wholesale plummets.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:00 AM »
The 30c range holds, between the cartel of Eden Prairie, and the Bloomington market which has a healthy mix of Indy stations.

$3.599 throughout Eden Prairie, $3.299 as soon as you cross the border into Bloomington.  It could be worse.  I saw a lot of $3.699's in St. Paul, going to church yesterday.

Falling fast.  But the spread...yikes!  I guess a few station owners are trying to milk the high prices a few more days as wholesale plummets.

Most stations price gas inventory on a LIFO basis, so quick to rise slow to fall is the norm, the spreads will fall into a narrower range in a few days...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2012, 08:09:20 AM »
$3.499 down to $3.239 as I cross the border into Bloomington.

I don't think it's LIFO, I just think it's having no Indy stations in EP.  If you're dominated by the Big 3, you have higher prices.  Bloomington has a lot of Indy stations that immediately start forcing the price down, after a coordinated weekly gouge.  EP certainly participates in the weekly bout of price fixing, it's just no one starts forcing prices down after such, so the prices stay high.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2012, 08:13:22 AM »
Those outside of the Twin Cities probably have no idea to the extent TC gas stations price fix, once a week.  If I didn't live here I wouldn't believe it myself.

http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com/Retail_Price_Chart.aspx

In a time of volatility it doesn't come through as well as it would in a time of price stability, but you can sill see the saw like graph of our gas prices.  The weekly spike as all stations price fix as a point set by SuperAmerica, just to have the price start drifting down during the week as stations compete, then after another week, price fix.

I've still not witnessed that in any other city.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2012, 10:07:43 AM »
It's been stuck here at ~ $3.98/gal for the last couple of weeks. Full service stations are still ~$4.10/gal.

Whatever the price, I plan to top everything off before 11/06/12. (including all those cans I found along the roadway ;-)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2012, 11:05:18 AM »
$3.79 in southern Colorado right now. Was on the road last week and the price was not appreciably lower elsewhere which was unusual.

Drudge was claiming a few days ago that the price of gas was going to come down about $0.50/gallon in the next couple of weeks due to a supply backlog. Would be nice but I will believe it when I see it.

My local price is down $0.10 from last month. Whoopee.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »
$3.79 in southern Colorado right now. Was on the road last week and the price was not appreciably lower elsewhere which was unusual.

Drudge was claiming a few days ago that the price of gas was going to come down about $0.50/gallon in the next couple of weeks due to a supply backlog. Would be nice but I will believe it when I see it.

My local price is down $0.10 from last month. Whoopee.

Plus, the refining is shifting to the less expensive winter blends.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2012, 11:30:48 AM »
This is not good news, oil (WTI) & gasoline are coming down, why?  Demand is going into the crapper, as have been corporate earnings...the disaster of Obamanomics is killing economic growth, if we had real growth friendly policies, if we had the printing  presses shut down, and if we had tapped all available domestic resources we'd be in much better shape all around.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2012, 11:35:04 AM »
This is not good news, oil (WTI) & gasoline are coming down, why?  Demand is going into the crapper, as have been corporate earnings...the disaster of Obamanomics is killing economic growth, if we had real growth friendly policies, if we had the printing  presses shut down, and if we had tapped all available domestic resources we'd be in much better shape all around.

In support of your statement, I just heard on the radio "news" there's a surplus of oil on the world market.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2012, 11:47:09 AM »

In support of your statement, I just heard on the radio "news" there's a surplus of oil on the world market.

Yup.  But I wouldn't be surprised if China & India don't take advantage of the drop and buy/store much of this for a rainy day...

Actually, we should be topping off SPR when it levels off too, because after Obama gets bounced, sentiment will change...and actually seeing him dragged out of the White House in January will definitely be the bullish for growth kickoff!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »
$3.439 in the cartel led Eden Prairie drops to $3.149  :o as I cross the border.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2012, 08:24:57 AM »
The CostCo this afternoon should treat me well.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #194 on: October 26, 2012, 10:22:09 AM »
Obama's failed agenda tour lowering gas prices to make a point

Marathon Gas $1.84
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #195 on: October 29, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
$3.299 at the Eden Prairie cartel, $3.109 over the border in Bloomington...

$3.089 at my local Costgo.

::danceban::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2012, 12:08:08 PM »
The SuperAmericaHolidayBP cartel is trying to push a $3.359 gouge but my friendly local Costgo remains at $3.099.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #197 on: November 08, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »
The SuperAmericaHolidayBP cartel is trying to push a $3.359 gouge but my friendly local Costgo remains at $3.099.

Heck, costco's premium lower than the cartel's regular!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #198 on: November 08, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »

Shell regular $3.15

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #199 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
In my town the price was all the way down to $3.09 on Tuesday. Today (Thursday) it is $3.39.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson