Author Topic: Santorum calls on Newt to quit  (Read 569 times)

charlesoakwood

Santorum calls on Newt to quit
« on: March 10, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »
[blockquote] March 7, 2012

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- ...Rick Santorum is barrelling out of Super Tuesday ...insisting that he has proven himself to be the most electable conservative...
..., Santorum's team on Wednesday started demanding that Gingrich drop out of the race for the good of the party.
"...it is time for Newt Gingrich to exit the Republican nominating process," said Stuart Roy, an adviser to the Red, White and Blue Fund, a super-PAC supporting Santorum.
[/blockquote]
Santorum's meme has become a drumbeat, it's been repeated so many times by so many respected experts that it's a virtual certainty that Santorum has the number two moving to number one slot locked down.

Well, here's another perspective:
[blockquote]
RNC’s delegate count shows Gingrich ahead of Santorum

Rick Santorum may have won more primaries but the Republican National Committee’s current delegate count shows former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has more bound delegates than Mr. Santorum in the race for the party’s presidential nomination.

Frontrunner Mitt Romney has earned 339 delegates to the August nominating convention ...    
Mr. Gingrich is second with 107 delegates, topping Mr. Santorum’s 95 delegates ...
[/blockquote]

ETA: Tomorrow is Kansas (caucus) with 40 delegates in the balance.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:18:37 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: Santorum calls on Newt to quit
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:02:10 AM »
More silliness from a silly campaign season ...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »
I wish Santorum would instead harp on Romney to drop out.  Romney is not going to win this election (provided he gets the nomination) if he doesn't start taking it to Obama, hard.  He's not doing that, he's being nice.  He reminds me of McCain, refusing to use Obama's middle name, Hussein, refusing to let anyone else do it, and saying "there's nothing to fear from an Obama presidency".

Gingrich at least understands what's happening to this country is deliberate, that Obama's doing exactly what he said he would do during the campaign.

Romney acts like -- well, yesterday, I heard a clip of him saying the high gas prices aren't really the fault of the president.

::outrage::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 11:02:37 PM »

RSM, political commentator at American Spectator and a huge Cain supporter started writing stuff like as his campaign was faultering just before the allegations came out and the SHTF. [blockquote] ...By 9 a.m., the Santorum campaign had also already provided the memo to Zeke Miller at BuzzFeed, who headlined his story:

Santorum Concedes: He Can’t
Win The Nomination Outright

. . . which I’m reasonably sure isn’t the spin the Santorum campaign had in mind when they gave Miller the memo, but then again I’m not sure what the Santorum campaign had in mind, because while they keep sending me press releases, they never reply to my e-mails or return my phone calls.

But they’re getting paid to run the campaign, and if they don’t think they need to return my calls, who am I to question their judgment? It’s not like I know anything about “media strategy” or stuff like that . 
[/blockquote]

The impression given both times is that the candidate was too busy keeping his head above water to acknowledge the folks who are/were trying to throw them a lifeline.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 01:22:17 PM »
I wish Santorum would instead harp on Romney to drop out.  Romney is not going to win this election (provided he gets the nomination) if he doesn't start taking it to Obama, hard.  He's not doing that, he's being nice.  He reminds me of McCain, refusing to use Obama's middle name, Hussein, refusing to let anyone else do it, and saying "there's nothing to fear from an Obama presidency".

Gingrich at least understands what's happening to this country is deliberate, that Obama's doing exactly what he said he would do during the campaign.

Romney acts like -- well, yesterday, I heard a clip of him saying the high gas prices aren't really the fault of the president.

::outrage::

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.