Author Topic: Kandahar Massacre  (Read 7513 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Kandahar Massacre
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:52:09 AM »
Unlike the stupid koran burning, this is a real provocation and has the potential to get very, very nasty.

A US soldier in Afghanistan has killed at least 16 civilians and wounded five after entering their homes in Kandahar province, senior local officials say.

He left his military base in the early hours of the morning and opened fire in at least two homes; women and children were among the dead.

Nato said it was investigating the "deeply regrettable incident".

My son is stationed at the air base in Kandahar. It is the only base there so it had to happen out of there.

I have not heard from him since yesterday a few hours before this incident would have happened. His duty hours are from 2pm until 2am so he was going to sleep when this soldier left the base and started killing civilians. I hope to hear from him again today and I will update this story with any information I get from him.

In the meantime I would appreciate your prayers for the safety of him and his fellow troops. Mrs. trapeze is very worried.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: Kandahar Massacre
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:28 AM »
FNC story.

This story is, of course, all over the media wire service reports.

The link in the previous post had a BBC video report with it.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:00:42 AM »
Unlike the stupid koran burning, this is a real provocation and has the potential to get very, very nasty.

A US soldier in Afghanistan has killed at least 16 civilians and wounded five after entering their homes in Kandahar province, senior local officials say.

He left his military base in the early hours of the morning and opened fire in at least two homes; women and children were among the dead.

Nato said it was investigating the "deeply regrettable incident".

My son is stationed at the air base in Kandahar. It is the only base there so it had to happen out of there.

I have not heard from him since yesterday a few hours before this incident would have happened. His duty hours are from 2pm until 2am so he was going to sleep when this soldier left the base and started killing civilians. I hope to hear from him again today and I will update this story with any information I get from him.

In the meantime I would appreciate your prayers for the safety of him and his fellow troops. Mrs. trapeze is very worried.

The prayers have been there since you told us that he was going.That saaid I wont believe a word that comes out of there about the shootings till I hear it fron the soldier involved we've all been here before only to find out that our guys were being shot at.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:30:16 AM »
Yup, what John said. Your young man is covered in prayer.

And I also am disinclined to believe a negative story about our military until it is proved to be as they say it is.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:32:06 AM »
 ::praying::

I, too, haven't forgotten he's there.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 11:36:30 AM »
We need to get our people the hell out of there. Incidents like this are just another sign that they have been put into an unwinnable situation. This is definitely going to make matters much worse. You combine ridiculous rules of engagement and the frustration that comes from seeing your side suffer casualties as a result, while the same RoE allow the enemy to slink back into the population, combine all that with heavy drinking, it's just a powder keg.

I blame the gutless suits in Washington for all of it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline michelleo

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:19:45 PM »
Many prayers for your son, Trapeze, and to all those serving there.  This is not good.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »
 ::praying:: ::praying::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 03:15:37 PM »
Your son is in our prayers, Trap. ::praying:: ::praying:: ::praying:: ::praying::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 07:46:51 PM »
Okay, an update.

Talked with my son on Facebook chat an hour ago.

He said that the situation was announced on base by the time he woke up (probably around noon local time because his shift starts at 2pm) so he had definitely heard about it right away. He said that it is essentially business as usual at the base, that there was no heightened alert status ("C'mon, Dad, I'm in a war zone. That's as heightened as it gets."). He also said that the soldier in question did not do this out of Kandahar Air Base but rather from a forward operating base in the vicinity of Kandahar. He did not know the exact location in relation to KAB.

His comments were more than a little comforting to his mother who has been worried sick about him.

That's all that I know at this point.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »
  Keep us updated on this please.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
Story here from the Daily Mail with the usual vivid description and plentiful pictures that is not to be found in US MFM stories.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 01:10:15 PM »
We need to get our people the hell out of there. Incidents like this are just another sign that they have been put into an unwinnable situation. This is definitely going to make matters much worse. You combine ridiculous rules of engagement and the frustration that comes from seeing your side suffer casualties as a result, while the same RoE allow the enemy to slink back into the population, combine all that with heavy drinking, it's just a powder keg.

I blame the gutless suits in Washington for all of it.

I blame them as well G.  And unfortunately this incident plays right into the Taliban, but so does Stymie so, bottom line, A-Stan is not going to be making a peaceful transition into a trustworthy nation, so it is not worth one more American life to stay there.  Karzai & crew are making their bed, and they can die in it for all I care.  But they'll die and not have us to blame.

I heard reports this shooter was injured in Iraq and had some head trauma and was on his 4th tour.  Pushing our troopers to the breaking point is not helping things, you'd think anybody with head injuries would get shipped state side.  Anyway, that will all sort itself out, botoom line I hope we get our people out ASAP.  A-Stan is going to go down the sh*tpipe even faster now.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »

Two Karzai brothers were paying their respects to the dead at a mosque
and they and their military guard were ambushed by some Tali-queders.
Curious.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 09:43:07 PM »

Two Karzai brothers were paying their respects to the dead at a mosque
and they and their military guard were ambushed by some Tali-queders.
Curious.

Link?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/afghanistan/attack-on-karzai-s-brothers-threatens-to-fuel-violence-1.994086

Two brothers of President Hamid Karzai were leaving a village mosque where they attended a memorial service for 16 villagers killed when the Taliban insurgents opened fire.

Qayum and Shah Walid Karzai and other top Afghan officials in their delegation escaped in their cars unharmed from the ambush in the country's south.

But one Afghan soldier was hit in the head almost immediately and died, while two other personnel were wounded in the 20-minute firefight that ensued in one of the two villages in Kandahar province where the killings had occurred two days before.

The gunbattle came as images of the aftermath of the killings spread and the public reaction began to build.

In the east, students staged the first significant protest in response to the killings, raising concerns about a repeat of the wave of violent demonstrations that rocked the nation after last month's burning of copies of the Quran.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »

http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/12/karzais-half-brother-assassinated-in-southern-afghanistan/

President Hamid Karzai’s powerful half brother was assassinated Tuesday by a bodyguard at his home in southern Afghanistan.

Ahmed Wali Karzai, the head of the Kandahar provincial council, was shot twice — once in the head and once in the chest, according to hospital officials.

The motive of the killing has not been established, but his death served a new blow to U.S.-coalition efforts to curb violence and the government’s quest to gain control of this Taliban stronghold.

Hey, it's all America's fault, it's all that sergeant's fault.  Cause there's nothing fishy going on at all, na aah.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 10:35:34 PM »
Gee, I wonder if it could be Taliban sappers in the Afghani ranks?

No, too diabolical for religion-of-peace types, yup, got to be the American's!

/

::)

Leave that sh*thole now!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 10:50:51 PM »
  Get our boys out and turn the place into a sheet of glass.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
  Get our boys out and turn the place into a sheet of glass.

^^ That.  I'm done.  They're done.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"