Author Topic: Critical Thinking Litmus Test  (Read 922 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
Critical Thinking Litmus Test
« on: March 20, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
Critical Thinking Litmus Test

This list is a paraphrased list taken from Dennis Prager where he uses it to point out what your children will learn when you send them to college. I'm not smart enough to think this stuff up. I adapted it to create a 'critical thinking' list because we are always hammered in not using 'critical thinking skills', and I think that we need to learn how to apply and recognize what constitutes their 'critical thinking'; thus this 'critical thinking litmus test'.

This is the Litmus List to use for your 'critical' thinking. The way it works is to compare any of your opinions to this list. If your opinion is not compatible with any of the items on this list, then, you need to change/edit your opinion, so that it can be claimed as an appropriate opinion proclaimed by enlightened individuals as the Current Wisdom for today's Elitist Individuals.

Eventually, your opinions will become one and the same with this enlightened critical thinking test. Don't fret, it will take some practise, so be patient, but comfort yourself in the knowledge that you will soon become an enlightened critiacal thinking person.

An extra added benefit is that you will be able to 'judge' other people's opinions as well against this critical thinking test to see if you're hanging out with the right people. Don't hang out with those people that won't pass this test, because some of their 'uncritical thinking' may rub off on you and set you back.

OK, so much for the details on how to use this litmus list. Let's get started!!

1) - America's Exceptionalism is a 'Myth'
2) - US is NO better and sometimes WORSE than other countries
3) - God is NOT REAL and believing in God is both foolish and dangerous
4) - History of Christianity is of Bloody Crusades and Inquisitions
5) - Recognize the GOLDEN AGE of ISLAM, the religion of Peace
6) - Critizing Christianity is a MARK of Intellectualism and Sophistication
7) - An act of critizing ISLAM is hateful bigotry
8) - Israel is a Racist Apartheid State
9) - Zionism is Evil
10) - Palestinian Terrorism is Justifiable Resistance
11) - Conservatism and Individual Responsibility is in humane and heartless
12) - Liberal Social Welfare is Moral and Right
13) - Republicans cater to Racists
14) - You shouldn't know that Abe Lincoln was a Republican
15) - You should not know that the Klu Klux Klan was founded by Democrats
16) - Traditional Family Units are Homophobic
17) - All Whites are racists
18) - Non-Whites cannot be Racists
19) - Morals are defined by Class:
- Rich are Evil
- Good are the Poor
- Middle Class is mostly an unobtainable dream
20) - Human Beings are simply animals with a larger brain
21) - VictimHood Status:
- Women are the Victims of men
- Blacks are the Victims of Whites
- Gays are the Victims or Straights
- All of us are the Victims of Big Corporations
22) - Corporate Greed is only restrained by Union Collectiveism
23) - Our Constitution is outdated and should be scrapped
24) - America Bombed Hiroshima out of Racism
25) - Use of the Atomic Bomb was a War Crime
26) - Everything the WEST has, has been stolen from somebody else
27) - It is time for us to Give it Back
28) - There is no better and no worse in literature and the arts
29) - Big government is the only humane way to govern a country
30) - The great world and societal battles are not between good and evil, but between rich and poor and the powerful and the powerless
31) - Pacifism is noble
32) - The American Founders were sexist, racist slaveholders whose primary concern was preserving their wealthy status
33) - Recognize same-sex marriages as normal and moral
34) - Conservatives and Christians believe mixed race marriages to be immoral, abnormal and sinful

EDIT: added a few more to the list
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:35:30 PM by radioman »
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Critical Thinking Litmus Test
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »
Awesome, I scored perfect failure!  I've never been so proud of myself!   ;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
You have to realize that you have ZERO Critical Thinking Skills!  ::USA::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »
You have to realize that you have ZERO Critical Thinking Skills!  ::USA::

Yup, so they say, but it means I have pristine independent thinking ability!   ::bustamove::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »
Oooo.  I can't bear the conflict!  I think I'll just stop thinking and go middle of the road.  /
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:48:46 PM »
I don't get #34) - Defining marriage as the union of a white and a white is immoral.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:54:54 PM »
I don't get #34) - Defining marriage as the union of a white and a white is immoral.

should read as "Defining marriage as the union of 'only' a white with a white is immoral"

You're right. I mistyped that one. Thanks! I will make the corrections!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:57:57 PM by radioman »

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »

should read as "Defining marriage as the union of 'only' a white with a white is immoral"

Well, now either I am confused or I fail this test question. That appears to say that requiring same-race marriages would be immoral, and yeah, I think it would be.  No one has tried to define marriage as same-race since the Democrats did in the Jim Crow South. Welfare and the Black culture have effectively denied blacks the benefit of stable homes and marriages, but trying to do so by law just seems wrong to me.  As hard as Obama is trying to get me to hate black people, I haven't gone that far down the road yet.  Or am I still just not getting the point?

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:20:14 PM »

Well, now either I am confused or I fail this test question. That appears to say that requiring same-race marriages would be immoral, and yeah, I think it would be.  No one has tried to define marriage as same-race since the Democrats did in the Jim Crow South. Welfare and the Black culture have effectively denied blacks the benefit of stable homes and marriages, but trying to do so by law just seems wrong to me.  As hard as Obama is trying to get me to hate black people, I haven't gone that far down the road yet.  Or am I still just not getting the point?

I think that there are people out there that are still making the accusation that Christians and conservatives still think that mixed-race marriages are a sin, and good honest 'critical thinker' realize that such a requirment would be immoral.

To be a 'critical thinker' you have to recognize mixed-race marriages as normal and moral. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 02:31:08 PM »

Well, now either I am confused or I fail this test question. That appears to say that requiring same-race marriages would be immoral, and yeah, I think it would be.  No one has tried to define marriage as same-race since the Democrats did in the Jim Crow South. Welfare and the Black culture have effectively denied blacks the benefit of stable homes and marriages, but trying to do so by law just seems wrong to me.  As hard as Obama is trying to get me to hate black people, I haven't gone that far down the road yet.  Or am I still just not getting the point?

I think that there are people out there that are still making the accusation that Christians and conservatives still think that mixed-race marriages are a sin, and good honest 'critical thinker' realize that such a requirment would be immoral.

To be a 'critical thinker' you have to recognize mixed-race marriages as normal and moral.  

It's part and parcel of the same-sex "marriage" issue.  At some point in any discussion with one in favor of, the issue of anti-miscegenation is raised and hurled at the one not in favor of, as in "if you want to deprive a portion of the population of their "right to marry" you would have supported laws preventing different races from marrying too".  Cause they're EXACTLY the same thing. /

Oh, wait.  I said I was going to stop thinking.  Rats.  Just caint he'p m'sef.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 02:32:10 PM »

Ya still lost me.
I agree there are still some making the accusation, but the statement " recognize mixed-race marriages as normal and moral" would be one I agree with.  Mixed race marriages are normal and moral IMO (many anti-white racist  Black people will tell you otherwise) .  I think the assertion that a "critical thinker" would agree with  is " Conservatives and Christians believe mixed race marriages to be immoral, abnormal and sinful"  similar to " Conservatism and Individual Responsibility is in-humane and heartless" 

Either that or we just have to agree to disagree on that one. God doesn't seem to mind them.. some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen come out of "mixed race" marriages.  Of course then you are trying to define race - and what is a "pure breed" and it can't be done even though some feel that mixed children have certain obligations

But what do I know? I hate Obama. Even the "white part" of him.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »

Ya still lost me.
I agree there are still some making the accusation, but the statement " recognize mixed-race marriages as normal and moral" would be one I agree with.  Mixed race marriages are normal and moral IMO (many anti-white racist  Black people will tell you otherwise) .  I think the assertion that a "critical thinker" would agree with  is " Conservatives and Christians believe mixed race marriages to be immoral, abnormal and sinful"  similar to " Conservatism and Individual Responsibility is in-humane and heartless" 

Either that or we just have to agree to disagree on that one. God doesn't seem to mind them.. some of the most beautiful children I have ever seen come out of "mixed race" marriages.  Of course then you are trying to define race - and what is a "pure breed" and it can't be done even though some feel that mixed children have certain obligations

But what do I know? I hate Obama. Even the "white part" of him.

I think your wording is great and I will modify the list to use that. Thanks!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »

... I said, you can't call me Anglo but you may call me Charles.
She said, I don't call you Anglo I call you Caucasian.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »
When you reach perfection, you'll have achieved criticality and your head will fission and then you'll be even dumber than pre critical. ::rockethrow::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.