Author Topic: Santorum Wins Mississippi and Alabama Primaries  (Read 2254 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Santorum Wins Mississippi and Alabama Primaries
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »
I don't know if any of them can drop out and dedicate or promise their votes to another candidate, do you?

Someone leaving the race can endorse whomever they like but I think that their delegates remain where they are until after the first vote at the convention. After that all bets are off.

Thanks, that's who I meant - delegates.

Okay, so, then, perhaps Newt intends to stay in to the bitter end, hoping his and Santorum's delegates will merge for either of them and against Romney?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »
If you have Newt bow out and the split of his supporters falls more to Mitt than Rick then Rick does not benefit, it would be better if Newt stayed in and then horse trade at the convention if the nomination is still in play.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 11:46:25 AM »
If you have Newt bow out and the split of his supporters falls more to Mitt than Rick then Rick does not benefit, it would be better if Newt stayed in and then horse trade at the convention if the nomination is still in play.

That's what I'm sayin'.

You said it better.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 12:54:07 PM »

That's what I'm sayin'.

You said it better.

::curtsy4::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.