Topics > Military News/Veterans

Panetta Visits Afghanistan

(1/3) > >>

Libertas:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/15/world/asia/panetta-visits-afghanistan-following-massacre.html?_r=1&hp

In a sign of the nervousness surrounding Mr. Panetta’s trip, the Marines and other troops who were waiting in a tent for the defense secretary to speak were abruptly asked by their commander to get up, place their weapons — M-16 and M-4 automatic rifles and 9-mm pistols — outside the tent and then return unarmed. The commander, Sgt. Maj. Brandon Hall, told reporters he was acting on orders from superiors.

“All I know is, I was told to get the weapons out,” he said. Asked why, he replied, “Somebody got itchy, that’s all I’ve got to say. Somebody got itchy; we just adjust.”

WTF?!   ::whatgives::

Pandora:
Makes perfect sense to me.  Wouldn't do for the SecDef to get fragged in-country, would it.

AlanS:

--- Quote from: Pandora on March 14, 2012, 10:39:09 AM ---Makes perfect sense to me.  Wouldn't do for the SecDef to get fragged in-country, would it.

--- End quote ---

That would be a shame. Then they'd have to get some other asshat to take his place.

Libertas:
Any asshat can take his place, so it makes no sense fragging him, he is merely the yes-man to the man-child.  If he goes another yes-man comes in!  If I were in that room I'd be seething and glaring at that distrustful POS!

charlesoakwood:

A statement the other day about the election that people in the South would crawl over broken glass
to vote against Obama - if that is accurate how distasteful must the military find him?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version