Author Topic: "Thank you, Obama!" she says  (Read 2155 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Thank you, Obama!" she says
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:00:10 PM »
Anyone with a 401k or similar retirement fund is much, much better off now. All Municipal and private holders of funds holding stocks are much, much better off now.

Pension funds are flush again. Thank you, Obama!

Anybody got a graph or a link as an answer to this?  Cause it's making my head hurt.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: "Thank you, Obama!" she says
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
Anyone with a 401k or similar retirement fund is much, much better off now. All Municipal and private holders of funds holding stocks are much, much better off now.

Anybody got a graph or a link as an answer to this?  Cause it's making my head hurt.

QE to infinity and beyond!  Yes, the balance on your 401K is probalby looking nice and healthy now. Dow is at 13194 today.  All time high was 14093
All is well. Obama fixed it.

Yes we just printed up a bunch of money and bid up those stocks. S&P tells much the same story.    Expected divideds are up - largely because of Wells Fargo- more on that here

Meanwhile earnings per share are still falling and there are still not enough jobs begin created to keep up with population growth.  We already posted S&P and DOw compared to gold in the Obama depression thread.

What these idiots are seeing is the effect of inflation. Williams at shadowstats  has that at over over 10% using that archacic version of CPI that actually incliudes gas and food.
The underlying economy is as bad as ever, its just that much of the deleveraging has occured and we are starting to see the inflation finally show up.  The normal response at thei point would be to raise interest rates. However, when the government is running 1.5 trillion in deficits they can't do that- going back to even 3% will add 45 billion a year just in interest

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »
Thank you, Weisshaupt!

The truth makes no impact on these kind, the stoopit is so very strong.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 07:15:46 PM »
We're dealing with weapons grade stupidity. 
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »
We're dealing with weapons grade stupidity. 

The grade that kills the believer.  But they use it to kill you first.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:41:26 PM »
WMS
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 07:53:59 PM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 08:38:13 PM »

"What these idiots are seeing is the effect of inflation."

What these idiots are seeing is the effect of inflation. Williams at shadowstats  has that at over over 10% using that archacic version of CPI that actually incliudes gas and food.
The underlying economy is as bad as ever, its just that much of the deleveraging has occured and we are starting to see the inflation finally show up.  The normal response at thei point would be to raise interest rates. However, when the government is running 1.5 trillion in deficits they can't do that- going back to even 3% will add 45 billion a year just in interest

Guess if you're stuck with cash it's time to buy something.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 03:50:08 AM »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 06:57:11 AM »
WMS

Translation plz?

I think that's Weapons of Mass Stupidity .

::thumbsup::

SH gets a cookie!

Oh, and on those 401(k)'s...as CO points out below, our monetary & fiscal policies have been geared to prop up markets, so once inflation and debasement have their say the real nominal value of your portfolio is not what it was 5 years ago, all things being equal.  So what this WMS is really saying is "Thank you Obama for spreading not the wealth, but the pain, and with a promise of more and worse pain yet to come"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:58 AM »

[/quote

Remember, this is the same type of person who bought into the term "jobless recovery".....
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.