Author Topic: IAF has no heavy bomber  (Read 3217 times)

charlesoakwood

IAF has no heavy bomber
« on: March 15, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »

The media is full of information saying Israel has no heavy air bomber. 
They say Israel has no aircraft capable of carrying a bomb big enough
to bust Iran's deep bunkers.  Buster Bunker

Background -

[blockquote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-130

In the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965, the Pakistan Air Force modified/improvised several [C-130] aircraft for use as heavy bombers, and attacks were made on Indian bridges and troop concentrations with some successes. No aircraft were lost in the operations, though one was slightly damaged.[20]

It was also used in the 1976 Entebbe raid in which Israeli commando forces carried a surprise assault to rescue 103 passengers of an airliner hijacked by Palestinian and German terrorists at Entebbe Airport, Uganda. The rescue force—200 soldiers, jeeps, and a black Mercedes-Benz (intended to resemble Ugandan Dictator Idi Amin's vehicle of state)—was flown over 2,200 nmi (2,532 mi; 4,074 km) almost entirely at an altitude of less than 100 ft (30 m) from Israel to Entebbe by four Israeli Air Force (IAF) Hercules aircraft without mid-air refueling (on the way back, the planes refueled in Nairobi, Kenya).[/blockquote]

And
[blockquote]
http://www.af.mil/information/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=92

In an aerial delivery role, it can airdrop loads up to 42,000 pounds

...the C-130 can be rapidly reconfigured for the various types of cargo such as palletized equipment, floor-loaded material, airdrop platforms, container delivery system bundles, vehicles and personnel or aeromedical evacuation.[/blockquote]

And (this is hot)

[blockquote]06.23.10

Israeli Air force aircraft landed during the past weekend at a military base in Saudi Arabia and unloaded large quantities of military gear, according to a report published Wednesday by Islamic website Islam Times.
Another report published two weeks ago claimed Saudi Arabia tested its defense missile systems In order to allow IAF airplanes to pass through its airspace en route to bombarding nuclear facilities in Iran. [/blockquote]

I think they have some of these:

C-5 Galaxy Minuteman ICBM Drop Test

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: IAF has no heavy bomber
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 12:26:57 AM »
Israel has a well earned reputation in its short history for doing amazing things that no one thought they could possibly do.

That will almost certainly include going it alone against Iran. It is truly a pity that we will likely not be charging into battle with them in a situation that is far more important and serious than Iraq or Afghanistan.

They have no choice. No good choices, anyway. First strike now and deal with the inevitable aftermath or wait for the nuclear deathblow to fall later.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:56:40 AM »
The more I've thought about it over the last several days , the more I'm convinced that Stymie might consider going along with an Israeli strike sooner than later if he sees the whole thing , including keeping the Srait of Hormuz open , can be facilitated sucessfully before November . The continued plodding makes him look weaker and more ineffectual by the day . Stymie is in no way a risk taker but he may see no other choice .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:48:24 AM »
The more I've thought about it over the last several days , the more I'm convinced that Stymie might consider going along with an Israeli strike sooner than later if he sees the whole thing , including keeping the Srait of Hormuz open , can be facilitated sucessfully before November . The continued plodding makes him look weaker and more ineffectual by the day . Stymie is in no way a risk taker but he may see no other choice .

I'd like to see how that works out.  How can Stymie take credit for something he doesn't want to take credit for and something that will piss off his lunatic left-wing base and big shot Hollywood cheerleaders and bag men?  Anything he does to help Israel would have to be covert and deniable.

I still think it more likely and more in keeping with Stymie's MO to let Israel act and then Stymie can do whatever he thinks puts him in the best light afterward since he'll have the excuse that it was not his wish to engage Iran at all.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »

I'd like to see how that works out.  How can Stymie take credit for something he doesn't want to take credit for and something that will piss off his lunatic left-wing base and big shot Hollywood cheerleaders and bag men?  Anything he does to help Israel would have to be covert and deniable.

I still think it more likely and more in keeping with Stymie's MO to let Israel act and then Stymie can do whatever he thinks puts him in the best light afterward since he'll have the excuse that it was not his wish to engage Iran at all.

He'll find a way to play both sides of the fence ... and of course take credit where it isn't due or cast blame as far from himself as possible should the situation turn to sh*t .

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
He has already taken credit for the oil permits that GWB approved. Same thing, different scope.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 09:18:14 AM »
And then he'll get out there and bat his ears and get that stupid chuckle and moronic grin going as lie after lie spill out of his useless hole...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »
I had a brain-lapse when I look at the title (we USED to be IAF) and thought, "yes we do too have a heavy bomber; we have Weisshaupt".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"