Author Topic: WH rebuffs GOP "healthcare" meetings records  (Read 1514 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
WH rebuffs GOP "healthcare" meetings records
« on: March 14, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
The obvious question is why?

The list included George Halvorson, chairman and CEO of Kaiser Health Plans; Scott Serota, president and CEO of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association; Kenneth Kies, a Washington lobbyist representing Blue Cross/Blue Shield, among other clients; Billy Tauzin, then head of PhRMA, the drug industry lobby; Richard Umbdenstock, chief of the American Hospital Association; and numerous others.

The most concerning is George Halvorson as he was the only executive to meet with Obama.  And here is why:

“There really are two Americas when it comes to health care — the fully insured, primarily white America and the disproportionately uninsured minority America,” Halvorson wrote. “More than half of the total uninsured people in this country are minority. That fact alone should make the need to cover everyone in America a pure ethical imperative. This issue is not about economics — it is about equality. Universal coverage should be the next major civil rights issue for this country to face.

Halvorson also wrote an article in 2007 equating health reform to the “unfinished business of the Civil Rights agenda.” Halvorson discusses the disparities between the races and health care coverage and states:

If we considered no other issue than racial and ethnic disparities, this nation’s leadership — like the leadership of a number of states — should be moving this country down the path to an American form of universal coverage as quickly as possible. There is no more vital or meaningful way for us to honor and extend the great legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.

Again, Halvorson was also the only insurance executive to meet with Obama at that time.  Why?  Is it because Obama wants a single-payer system and sees himself as finishing the Civil Rights Movement, and Halvorson has the same viewpoint and the most to gain via Kaiser Permanente?  But, hey, there’s nothing to see here, right?  Or, is it that those meetings were, as Halvorson stated:

“The real discussion this time, behind those closed doors, is about changing the way care is delivered. Not about the cost.”

Now, that is confusing.  According to former WH Budget Director, Peter Orszag, I thought that we were on an unsustainable path, so how could costs not come up in these meetings? 

Rent-seeking, crony-"capitalist" sonsabtches.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Re: WH rebuffs GOP "healthcare" meetings records
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
Let Halvorson pay for it .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 11:40:14 AM »
Screw refusal, subpeona the damned records and take them to court if they refuse to comply!

The most (non)transparent administration in US history!

::gaah::

When the hell are the Repub's ever going to wake up and play hardball?!

::falldownshocked::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »
The Twelfth of Never?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:46:28 AM »
 ::gaah::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
Libertas ... They're  "transparent" to the extent that we can see through their absurd obfuscations to their true agenda .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
I know SH, but doing nothing about it just ain't cuttin' it anymore!  Tolerance of this crap must end...immediately.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
I'm totally shocked..... ::eyes::

How much more needs to come out before this thing is defunded, stripped, gagged and defeated?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.