Author Topic: "Infidel" apparel  (Read 5190 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: "Infidel" apparel
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
Do you think the “Infidel” line is deliberately and unnecessarily provocative, or is it a sarcastic way to embrace the insults?

I think it's a GIANT, right and proper, FCK YEW!

"Unnecessarily provocative"?  Kidding me, right?  They're ordered not to urinate in mecca's direction, fer cryin' out loud, lest that be "provocative"; not to eat in front of Afghans during ramadan, lest that be "provocative".  Them being there, breathing, is "provocative".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 01:35:33 PM »
Yeah, I think the author a bit naive.  That soldiers embrace their difference is a GOOD thing!  Who wants to behave like Muzzies?

::)

Provacative?  What does that jackass think about beheadings?  Just Muzzie boys being Muzzie boys?

::outrage::

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
  • I am a defender AND a legacy. A SOLDIER
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »
Infidel apparel is a HUGE hit on my base. almost every one of us has at least one infidel sticker somewhere or a shirt or what-have you. some of us even have that tattooed on us. Most soldiers do not care if they are provocative towards these people. many of the "hodgies", as they are "lovingly" called by those in uniform, try to kill as many of us as they can every day. we have no love for them and so, try to be as provocative as possible. Now dont get me wrong, the ones that actually show us kindness and work on our FOBs and all that are shown the respect that they have earned from us. Infidel apparel will definately be getting more of my patronage.  ::mooning::
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them. - Mark Twain
No more important duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.- Edwin Hubbel Chapin

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »
Infidel apparel is a HUGE hit on my base. almost every one of us has at least one infidel sticker somewhere or a shirt or what-have you. some of us even have that tattooed on us. Most soldiers do not care if they are provocative towards these people. many of the "hodgies", as they are "lovingly" called by those in uniform, try to kill as many of us as they can every day. we have no love for them and so, try to be as provocative as possible. Now dont get me wrong, the ones that actually show us kindness and work on our FOBs and all that are shown the respect that they have earned from us. Infidel apparel will definately be getting more of my patronage.  ::mooning::

There's one comment there about such accouterments being prohibited. Has anyone gotten any official flack?

Welcome to IAL by the way  ::USA::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:22:29 PM »
...many of the "hodgies", as they are "lovingly" called by those in uniform...
::hysterical::
Now THAT is a gem that I'll bet few people stateside are privy to.

I can give 'slims and muzzies a rest. Now thanks to Trap's young man, I have "hodgies"...

ROTFFLMFAOOL!!!
 ::rolllaughing::
Hodgies!  ::pokeineye::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »

There's one comment there about such accouterments being prohibited. Has anyone gotten any official flack?

Welcome to IAL by the way  ::USA::

technically they are when in uniform and on duty, but because the opinion is pretty much universal among the enlisted that no one really says anything.

...many of the "hodgies", as they are "lovingly" called by those in uniform...
::hysterical::
Now THAT is a gem that I'll bet few people stateside are privy to.

I can give 'slims and muzzies a rest. Now thanks to Trap's young man, I have "hodgies"...

ROTFFLMFAOOL!!!
 ::rolllaughing::
Hodgies!  ::pokeineye::

glad to be of service ::hat-tip::
It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them. - Mark Twain
No more important duty can be urged upon those who are entering the great theater of life than simple loyalty to their best convictions.- Edwin Hubbel Chapin

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »

Hodgies!   

Racist?        Nope.
Irreligious?  Nope.
Ethnic?        Nope
Nationality? Nope
                        ::thumbsup::

hodgie, hodgie, hodgie,  HaHaHaHa

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 07:56:09 PM »

Hodgies!   

Racist?        Nope.
Irreligious?  Nope.
Ethnic?        Nope
Nationality? Nope
                        ::thumbsup::

hodgie, hodgie, hodgie,  HaHaHaHa

Oh, I don't think I'm going to be for the liking of this very much, no sir!

lol

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 09:03:32 PM »
Hadjis, ya bunch of sills.  Ten hut and git it raht!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
some of us even have that tattooed on us. 

Some of us had better not.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »

::rolllaughing:: ::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing:: ::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing:: ::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing:: ::hysterical:: ::rolllaughing::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »

easy there... you know i know better.  ::hysterical::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:38 PM »

Hey, you walked right into that one.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline S0N_of_trapeze

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 09:28:08 PM »

easy there... you know i know better.  ::hysterical::

I wont deny that
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:32:12 PM by trapeze »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 10:00:51 PM »

So you did you, Pop.   ;D

I believe you two did a tremendous job of being father/son between ye.

::beertoast::

May it allus be thus.

Offline 21stCenturyThinker

• Newb
  • Renaissance Man- Don't Fear the Rebirth
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 02:29:19 PM »
Hadjis, ya bunch of sills.  Ten hut and git it raht!

Sorry to go pedantic on you boys, but Hadji (the character from Johnny Quest) is Indian.
The correct spelling is hajjies. The Hajj is the Moslem pilgrimage to the holy cities.
Yep spent some time over there on the original foreign exchange program. Our artillery shells for their lives.
We didn't spend a lot of time talking but I was able to pick up a little of the local knowledge.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
Hajjies.  Cult of Mohammad (the Murderous Pedophile), Jihadi's...

By any name I curse them to hell!

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:56 PM »
Hadjis, ya bunch of sills.  Ten hut and git it raht!

Sorry to go pedantic on you boys, but Hadji (the character from Johnny Quest) is Indian.
The correct spelling is hajjies. The Hajj is the Moslem pilgrimage to the holy cities.
Yep spent some time over there on the original foreign exchange program. Our artillery shells for their lives.
We didn't spend a lot of time talking but I was able to pick up a little of the local knowledge.

::cool:: ::beertoast:: ::hysterical::

- Thomas Jefferson