Author Topic: Noob introduction  (Read 9385 times)

Offline predator

• Newb
Re: Noob introduction
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
He's an Illinois resident and they're having their primary today.  Hope he pops back in at some point with some info.

Pandora, turnout in my precinct was very, very low. About 11% or 12%. I think a lot of people here have a hard time getting too excited about this right now. A lot of us (especially in the down state areas) want to beat Teh Won, but we know that thanks to Chicago, it's going to be nigh impossible to take this state from him in November.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 06:27:02 PM »
Eyes in front = predator.

Curiously, those PETA types have eyes in front.

Must be a mental problem of some sort.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »
My state (Washington) chose to save money by not running a primary election this year and instead had caucuses. Surprisingly, the turnout was much larger than anticipated (to the point where several locations turned people away because they couldn't accommodate the overflow).

We still ended up with mittens.

Offline predator

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
Curiously, those PETA types have eyes in front.

Must be a mental problem of some sort.

Mutation, maybe?

Offline predator

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 06:41:37 PM »
I suck at gambling - too conservative I guess  laughpoundingfloor

Anyway....welcome!

Sometimes being conservative when gambling can be a plus. Gamblers who constantly chase the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow often get a pot, but it ain't full of gold.

BTW--Alphabet Soup was the name of a Thoroughbred that won nearly $3 million during his career. A striking, long-striding gray. In 24 starts he had 10 wins, three seconds, and six thirds. His biggest win was in the 1996 Breeders' Cup Classic. He now stands at stud in Saratoga Springs, NY.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »
I hear that people get a rush gambling. I don't know if it is true or not because I don't. So I don't. I would never interfere with someone gambling - as a matter of fact when my folks were more mobile they used to go to Vegas from time to time on the senior junkets. They always had a blast and I was happy for them.

Oh, and thanks for the anecdote - I just knew that there was a reason for choosing that moniker  ;)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »
"Stands stud"?   Oh, good grief!  Don't tell him that; there'll be no living with him.   ::unknowncomic::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline predator

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »
"Stands stud"?   Oh, good grief!  Don't tell him that; there'll be no living with him.   ::unknowncomic::

LOL, Pandora! They know already! I visited Claiborne Farm in Paris, KY back in 2000. Normally breeding season starts around February, and these guys can't read a calendar. But they are creatures of habit, and they know that cold weather means it's time for some hot, sweaty, horsey-love. ;D

Well it was in November when I was down there, and it was already getting cool. Those boys were starting to get pretty feisty.

Like the line in Lord of the Rings, when the Witch-King says, "Do not stand between a nasgul and it's prey." Same thing applies in that situation--do not stand between a stallion and his..."date."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 08:13:29 PM »
Where da phillies at?!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 08:43:55 PM »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »

LOL, Pandora! They know already! I visited Claiborne Farm in Paris, KY back in 2000. Normally breeding season starts around February, and these guys can't read a calendar. But they are creatures of habit, and they know that cold weather means it's time for some hot, sweaty, horsey-love. ;D

Well it was in November when I was down there, and it was already getting cool. Those boys were starting to get pretty feisty.

Like the line in Lord of the Rings, when the Witch-King says, "Do not stand between a nasgul and it's prey." Same thing applies in that situation--do not stand between a stallion and his..."date."

Siwwy wabbit!  I was referring to OUR Alphabet Soup.  LOL.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »

Siwwy wabbit!  I was referring to OUR Alphabet Soup.  LOL.

So was he.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »
Wuz not.

Gravy.

::snicker::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
Wuz not.

Gravy.

::snicker::

Was too.

Sauce.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »
Ox.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 10:37:27 PM »
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 10:40:51 PM »
Ox.

UHUH.

"Grumpy Old Men Two", JF.  eta:  or "Grumpier Old Men".

The response is "Nag".

Lookee here, I gots to tell this guy everything.   ::doh::   ::bashing::

Grumpier Old Men
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:05:18 PM by Pandora »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 07:06:38 AM »

Whoa!  Gotta work on that hair...and those teeth!   ::speechless::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline predator

• Newb
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »
Whoa!  Gotta work on that hair...and those teeth!

Maybe it's a "meth horse."  ::gaah::

Offline predator

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »
Nice job on the double post, predator--ya rookie! ::facepalm::