Author Topic: The Biggest Lie Ever Told  (Read 663 times)

CatholicCrusader

The Biggest Lie Ever Told
« on: March 20, 2012, 10:23:41 AM »
The biggest propaganda lie ever concocted and foisted upon the American people is the lie that Bush caused our economic crisis. He did not.

Before the Democrats took Congress in 2006 unemployment was 4.1%, gas was $1.70 a gallon, and the economy was expanding.

Then the Democrats took Congress in 2006 and promptly destroyed the economy. When Obama became president in 2008 he made it twice as bad.

Let’s do a little math here:

Bush was president for 8 years, from 2000 to 2008.

As I said, in 2006 unemployment was 4.1% and the economy was expanding. That is SIX years into the Bush presidency mind you.

Now, can anyone explain to me why the first six years of the eight-year Bush presidency was just fine, and then magically, when the Democrats took over Congress, the economy tanked?

Here is a hint: Barney Frank forcing banks to give loans to unqualified minorities in an attempt to social engineer, and then those people defaulting on those loans which started the mortgage crisis.

What I can’t understand is why Republicans have allowed this massive lie to stand unchallenged.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: The Biggest Lie Ever Told
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:36:14 AM »
...What I can’t understand is why Republicans have allowed this massive lie to stand unchallenged.

I'd say partly because they know that upon close examination, George W. Bush and the congressional Republicans contributed concretely to the economic meltdown by adding to entitlement spending and borrowing from China to pay for wars.

And even though Bush sounded warning alarms re; the housing bubble and the FM/FM debacle, his administration's policy was to encourage and facilitate home-ownership for the "poor". Many times Bush touted Blacks and urban poor moving into homeowner status as a sign of economic growth, when the reality was eventual personal destruction via debt overload, and economic destruction overall. He wanted the aesthetics of Blacks being lifted out of poverty, so he touted the aesthetics, even as he warned congress of the devastation to follow. He said one thing to the American people, and another thing to congress.

Aside from that, I'd say Republicans allowed the (partial) lie to go unchallenged because Republicans check-in their testicles at the toll-booth on the Beltway.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
They're stupid and cowards, that's why the Left gets away with any lie, big or little.

But if you really want giggles, pose the question to The Butthead!  He's the smartest man on the planet, seriously, ask him that too, he'll admit it!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

CatholicCrusader

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:29:11 AM »
They're stupid and cowards, that's why the Left gets away with any lie, big or little.

But if you really want giggles, pose the question to The Butthead!  He's the smartest man on the planet, seriously, ask him that too, he'll admit it!

Who is The Butthead ?

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:53:04 AM »

But if you really want giggles, pose the question to The Butthead!  He's the smartest man on the planet, seriously, ask him that too, he'll admit it!

Who is The Butthead ?

Karl Rove.

Blah, just saying the name makes me gag!

::puke::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 10:51:30 PM »
...What I can’t understand is why Republicans have allowed this massive lie to stand unchallenged.

I'd say partly because they know that upon close examination, George W. Bush and the congressional Republicans contributed concretely to the economic meltdown by adding to entitlement spending and borrowing from China to pay for wars.

And even though Bush sounded warning alarms re; the housing bubble and the FM/FM debacle, his administration's policy was to encourage and facilitate home-ownership for the "poor". Many times Bush touted Blacks and urban poor moving into homeowner status as a sign of economic growth, when the reality was eventual personal destruction via debt overload, and economic destruction overall. He wanted the aesthetics of Blacks being lifted out of poverty, so he touted the aesthetics, even as he warned congress of the devastation to follow. He said one thing to the American people, and another thing to congress.

Aside from that, I'd say Republicans allowed the (partial) lie to go unchallenged because Republicans check-in their testicles at the toll-booth on the Beltway.
No toll booth on that road, I-495 so IO suppose that they checked them in at the Capitol Parking Garage
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.