Author Topic: "Entertainers" privy to "double standard"  (Read 1841 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Entertainers" privy to "double standard"
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »
There is no double-standard, there is only that which must be promoted and that which must be downplayed or hidden -- whatever supports the goals of the Left.

Video footage obtained by The Daily Caller shows Hollywood screen legend Tom Hanks and Eagles musician Glenn Frey at a 2004 fundraising auction, playfully interacting with a white man dressed as an African native, complete with blackface makeup and a giant Afro wig.

"Playfully"; catch that?

Hanks most recently provided the narration for ”The Road We’ve Traveled,” a 17-minute-long campaign video meant to help President Barack Obama win re-election in November.

The fundraiser, held March 13, 2004 at St. Matthew’s Parish School in Pacific Palisades, Calif., featured Hanks and Frey as co-emcees. Children of both men attended the school. The event’s theme, “Castaways,” evoked memories of the 2000 film “Cast Away,” in which Hanks starred.

Tom Hanks is seen at a 2004 school fundraising auction, along with a white investment adviser who wore blackface makeup and a giant Afro wig

The 2004 auction’s routine included a white man in blackface, identified in the footage as investment banker James Montgomery, CEO of the Santa Monica, Calif., firm Montgomery & Co. In addition to blackface makeup and the wig, Montgomery wore a leopard-print toga and an arm band made to look like it consisted of animal teeth.

During a lull in the auction, Frey refers to Montgomery and comments, “See how boring money management and stock investment is, people? It’s not nearly as much fun as, like, professional basketball.”

The final item auctioned in the 2004 fundraiser depicted in the video was a large stuffed “trophy gorilla” that came with what Hanks described as a “dowry”: 5,000 shares of pre-IPO stock in Corus Pharmaceuticals, a company whose limited partners included Montgomery’s family trust.

The video shows Montgomery in blackface, holding the stuffed animal and standing with Hanks, while Frey is heard saying into his microphone: “This is as close to diversity as we’ll get at St. Matthew’s.”

It also shows Hanks taking his own stab at humor while he stands next to Montgomery and the stuffed gorilla, saying, “Ladies and gentlemen, a celebrity in our midst! Who would have thought that Bill O’Reilly would join us?”

The 5,000 shares of stock Hanks auctioned in March 2004 came with a "trophy gorilla" shown here along with the man in blackface and Glenn Frey, formerly of the band The Eagles.

Frey identifies Montgomery by name and says he is “just back from a Jerry Falwell sensitivity training seminar.” Referring to his appearance as a black caricature, Frey later says, “All I know is, this school is so conservative that Jamie Montgomery was almost not allowed in. They stuck him in the parking lot — they let him in. These are the jokes, people.”

Frey also is heard saying of the investment banker in blackface, “Remember, Jamie Montgomery — he handled the Idi Amin account back in the ’80s, which was good.”

Yah, wearing Blackface as a way of pointing out the lack of "di-VER-sity"; so funny, so very cool, man.  Yet, they send their kids to this school; I guess safety wins over "di-VER-sity" in the flesh, although I am sure the kids are thoroughly indoctrinated in the desirability of "di-VER-sity" foisted on YOU lesser beings.

Then, in response, Niger Innis, Congress of Racial Equality national spokespersonman, whom I remember as a stand-up sort, makes a few forced errors, not the least of which is "responding" to this in the first place.  He "calls on" Obama to remove Hanks as narrator (of Obama's new propaganda piece  ::)  ), and to cease any further association with Hanks, (yeah, right) and then, he is reported to have said:

"“It is gross, it’s coarse, and it is shocking that something like this would be done in California. Not Mississippi — in California!”"

It seems Mr. Innis expects "racist" behavior from Mississippians, White Rednecks you know, so he feels free to turn right around and behave in the manner he abhors.

Let's move on to Robert De Niro, who, while hosting a fundraiser last evening for O'Bongo -- I believe I'm really starting to like that appellation -- includes the following in his introduction of Mrs. O'Bongo:

“Callista Gingrich. Karen Santorum. Ann Romney. Now do you really think our country is ready for a white first lady?”

Er, what?

The crowd gets it, though; they say "Nooooooooo".  The crowd is standing in De Niro's restaurant in Tribecca and includes a list of tawny-hued who's-whos including Beyonce.  I'd like to see the list of the tawny-hued "elite" that AREN'T in the tank for O'Bongo; betcha it'd be really short.

Anyway, Mrs. O'Bongo goes on to speak ...

She offered the enthusiastic crowd a rundown of her husband’s work, health care overhaul and Supreme Court nominees — who she noted would protect privacy, security and “whether we can speak freely and yes, love whomever we choose.”

North Carolina will be voting in May on a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as one man/one woman, which will, should it pass, put an end to the gay "marriage" crap in this state.  Maybe.  Depending on the judges.

It does not, however, mandate whom one may or may not love "freely", so go figure.

Now, except for Niger Innis sticking his foot in his mouth, have you heard about any great outcry about any of this?  Small outcry?  Anything?

No. 

The usual LSM suspects are instead flogging the dead horse of The Republican War on Women, reporting Joe Biden's take on the Audacity of O .... Bongo, scrubbing stories of The First Daughter's trip to Mexico, and asking deep and thoughtful questions about Santorum's lack of international travel.

I personally do not get upset over anybody in Blackface, Whiteface or Yellowface or anybody referring to Mrs. O'Bongo by race or "racial" jokes or stereotypical remarks (once in a while I wince if they're vicious); what I find abhorrent is who gets a pass for them and who gets hounded and why it is not widely known that it is the Left who project their vicious racism on the Right.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: "Entertainers" privy to "double standard"
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:41:18 PM »

"I personally do not get upset over anybody in Blackface, Whiteface or Yellowface or anybody referring to Mrs. O'Bongo by race or "racial" jokes or stereotypical remarks (once in a while I wince if they're vicious); what I find abhorrent is who gets a pass for them and who gets hounded and why it is not widely known that it is the Left who project their vicious racism on the Right."
                                                     ::thumbsup::

This and the rest is control, we (normal people) make such jokes for a relief of tension not to create it, they do it to create problems where there are none.  Now we (the USA) may just shut up because only the vested intelligentsia anointed by President Pond Scum or one of his Bishops may determine what you may or may not do, say or think.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:24 AM »
Note that liberal , left-wing a$$holes can rationalize or justify ANYTHING !  ::bustamove:: ::danceban:: ::bustamove:: ::mooning::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:58:35 AM »
All the time SH, all the time!

Screw 'em.  Soon as people stop giving them money, the less they'll have to put up with these jackasses!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:04 AM »
Far be it for me to apply corrective measures but shouldn't the title more aptly be "Leftist Entertainers" privy to "double standard"?

BTW: It was the left who raised the racist aspect of black-face performers where previously all we saw were performers. Leftists doing what leftists do - hair-split, dissemble, divide, and agitate. Oh, and project. Lets not forget the lefts innate talent for projecting their faults onto others.

So that's what I see when I view dimwits like hanks, frey, and even deniro (I actually liked him once upon a time) put their skidmark underpants on their heads and then proceed to insult people on the right.

Y A W N

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 09:33:11 AM »
Far be it for me to apply corrective measures but shouldn't the title more aptly be "Leftist Entertainers" privy to "double standard"?

BTW: It was the left who raised the racist aspect of black-face performers where previously all we saw were performers. Leftists doing what leftists do - hair-split, dissemble, divide, and agitate. Oh, and project. Lets not forget the lefts innate talent for projecting their faults onto others.

So that's what I see when I view dimwits like hanks, frey, and even deniro (I actually liked him once upon a time) put their skidmark underpants on their heads and then proceed to insult people on the right.

Y A W N

You're right.  I mean correct.  It's the Leftist "entertainers" who get the pass, and give it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
Oh-oh alert! All's not right in La-la-land!

"Tom Hanks Calls Blackface Video 'Hideously Offensive'"
The actor says he was "blindsided" during a fundraiser when he was joined on stage by a man dressed in blackface and an Afro wig.

Tom Hanks has responded to Tuesday's release of video of him performing alongside a man dressed in blackface and sporting an Afro wig and leopard-print toga, acknowledging that parts of the event were "hideously offensive" and "appalling."

Hanks was the emcee, along with Eagles rocker Glenn Frey, at a school fundraiser in 2004 and video of the occasion was posted online Tuesday by the Daily Caller, which attempted to draw comparisons with Hanks' performance there to his narration of a President Barack Obama re-election video.

So there you have it - hanks was hijacked and forced at gunpoint to endure the slings and arrows of bad comedy.

I am so glad we got that figured out!

Read more (if you care): http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-hanks-blackface-video-offensive-obama-302882

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 03:18:48 PM »
Aw jeez.  Now it's "appalling".  Because he was outed.

Go away, Tom.