Author Topic: Greenspan: Obama's government activism is killing the economy  (Read 2149 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Guests, feel free to register & join in the discussion!

I'm no huge fan of the Fed, period. But Greenspan did preside over the Fed during one of the most prosperous times in our nation's history, and his willingness to not only see what's going on, but to comment bluntly on it, is... welcome.

Greenspan: Government “activism” killing economic recovery

Tomorrow, former Fed chair Alan Greenspan will go to the Council on Foreign Relations and argue that the main obstacle to economic recovery is the expansion of bureaucratic uncertainy caused by the “activism” of the Obama administration.  Clifford Marks explains his thinking at National Journal, although he clearly isn’t impressed with the argument...

Much more @ HotAir...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:49:23 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Greenspan: Obama's government activism is killing the economy
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
 ::facepalm::

No sh i t, Sherlock; we're way ahead of you, Greenie.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »
Yah, no chit!

Now, whatchya gonna do about it?  Are ya gonna take the fight to them, or pull up short?!

The cycnic in me is sending off warning bells that this is just a dude trying to get out front while there is time to save his phony baloney job only because they can read the political tea leaves that show Obammy getting his behind bounced!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:24:15 PM »
Greenie's wife is one of Stymie's biggest fans . He may be sleeping on the sofa tonight !

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »
Guests, feel free to register & join in the discussion!

I'm no huge fan of the Fed, period. But Greenspan did preside over the Fed during one of the most prosperous times in our nation's history, and his willingness to not only see what's going on, but to comment bluntly on it, is... welcome.

Greenspan: Government “activism” killing economic recovery

Tomorrow, former Fed chair Alan Greenspan will go to the Council on Foreign Relations and argue that the main obstacle to economic recovery is the expansion of bureaucratic uncertainy caused by the “activism” of the Obama administration.  Clifford Marks explains his thinking at National Journal, although he clearly isn’t impressed with the argument...

Much more @ HotAir...

What's sad is this has to be explained at all. Greenspan has rubbed me wrong a few times, but he is 100% correct. Many in the business world (including my meager dollars) are waiting for more clarity.

I've said before, bad policy doesn't necessarily stop me from growing my business, this can be overcome, it is the uncertainty obama exhibits, from foreign policy, spending (sorry, investing) and overbearing regulation. Not to mention obamacare and its affects in 2014.

It's there to see if anyone wants to look.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:45:08 PM »
Greenspan is not normally known for his clarity.  Reams of paper used in trying to decipher his previous impenetrable circumlocutions.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 08:14:46 PM »
Hell, I cannot even understand my own circumlocutions!

WTH heck was I thinking when I scribbled my first posting on this thread?  I know I read Greenspan, but I was thinking Benanke!  Must be Regime Overload!

We'd be better off with Greenspan over Bernanke...Bernanke is a disaster!  As I re-read Greenspan, he is basically calling out the Keynesian's...and announcing the Emperor (Duh Wun) has no clothes, yet his minions tell him he's dressed out in the finest attire!

(What's that sucking sound?  Timmy?  Ben?  Hello?)

And I think SH is right, gonna be a few cold nights on the couch for 'ol Alan!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.