Author Topic: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread  (Read 66667 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: New Black Liberation Militia Vows Vengeance!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2012, 12:18:54 PM »
It's racial grandstanding and nobody wants to be on the wrong side of the media frenzy to lynch this Zimmerman guy.  Even though this guy looks like he screwed the pooch, the rush to arrest, convict and sentence is all that matters, due process and constitutional jurisdiction are getting trampled, happens all the damn time.

This is the world we live in.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »

Hope the cops on the scene did a thorough job.
Sharptone & Farakan the only one remaining is
Jesse.  It'll be a AAA lynching.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
As Ace says:

If the facts are as the media reports them, then it does seem like Zimmerman was following around a kid who wasn't doing anything illegal at all. Then again, if the facts were as the media reported them, the Duke Lacrosse Team was guilty of violent gang-rape.

While the liberal media screams, once again, "Trust us, and forget all about our hitting the Panic Button time and time again before!," some of us would like to see what the facts really are before coming to a conclusion.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
I went through all the comments at the PJ Media piece by Jack Dunphy.  (Whew.)

All I have to say is, as the public is not privy to all the evidence, attempting to make any kind of judgement now is premature.  Race has gotten dragged into the story by the usual suspects and so people are being drawn into siding up, complicated by the hoplophobes and their anti-gun bigotry.  Some of that is pissing me off; "neighborhood watch should not be armed".  Are these people crazy?  Nevermind, rhetorical question, and the only thing of which I AM sure right now.

This one needs a lot more time than the 24-hour rule, especially with the LSM stirring the racial pot for all it's worth.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »

First report I heard said it was a gated community.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 02:36:28 PM »
This Zimmerman fella should be held accountable to the law and impartial justice.

It doesn't look good for him; he was instructed by 911 dispatchers not to pursue, and he did anyway, and then shot an unarmed kid. I don't know how much more cut-and-dried it could be, unless there is other evidence presented that changes the dynamic. But the possibility of additional evidence is a real possibility, so public judgment should be withheld.

Aside from that, it's important to remember that Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law is specific, and if Zimmerman is guilty of murder or manslaughter, he BROKE that law - he did not use that law as a justification for killing. SYG will be demagogued, but unjustly so. The very real possibility exists that if Zimmerman had followed the SYG law, the boy would still be alive, and Zimmerman would not be under scrutiny.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 02:38:49 PM »
Agree with all the above.

It is a mess and all the MFMing and race-baiting and finger-pointing is really throwing a lot of dirt in the air.  Everybody, especially those left-leaning busybodies, need to step back and cool out and stop impeding due process.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
I went through all the comments at the PJ Media piece by Jack Dunphy.  (Whew.)

All I have to say is, as the public is not privy to all the evidence, attempting to make any kind of judgement now is premature.  Race has gotten dragged into the story by the usual suspects and so people are being drawn into siding up, complicated by the hoplophobes and their anti-gun bigotry.  Some of that is pissing me off; "neighborhood watch should not be armed".  Are these people crazy?  Nevermind, rhetorical question, and the only thing of which I AM sure right now.

This one needs a lot more time than the 24-hour rule, especially with the LSM stirring the racial pot for all it's worth.

For some folks jumping to conclusions seems to be the only exercise they get  ;D

charlesoakwood

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »

Has any source defined SYG other than the media?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »
Geraldo Rivera (from the Hot Air link):

“I have a different take, Brian, on that,” Rivera said. “I believe that George Zimmerman, the overzealous neighborhood watch captain should be investigated to the fullest extent of the law and if he is criminally liable, he should be prosecuted. But I am urging the parents of black and Latino youngsters particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin’s death as George Zimmerman was.”

According to Rivera, the so-called hoodie has negative connotations attached to it, which may inspire ill-advised reflexive reactions.

“When you see a kid walking down the street, particularly a dark skinned kid like my son Cruz who I constantly yelled at when he was going out wearing a damn hoodie or those pants around his ankles,” Rivera said. “Take that hood off. People look at you and what’s the instant identification? What’s the instant association? Its crime scene surveillance tapes. Every time you see someone stick up a 7-Eleven, the kid is wearing a hoodie. Every time you see a mugging on a surveillance camera or get the old lady in the alcove, it’s the kid with a hoodie. You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a gangsta — you’re going to be a gangsta wannabe? Well, people are going to perceive you as a menace. That’s what happens. It is an instant reflexive action.”

I find it very interesting that Rivera did not, for once, attribute to racism the "instant reflexive action", instead citing crime scene surveillance tapes. IOW: reality.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »

I'm confused, oh, also, that Florida law is a piece of work;
wasn't Zimmerman on his own property?  If he wasn't on
his own property was he acting solely in the capacity of
private citizen?

If he wasn't on his own property or not acting in some
official neighborhood rep capacity he'd better get a
good lawyer.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 03:16:37 PM »

"I’m not sure how Florida’s Stand Your Ground law is written, though; it might allow someone who got threatened to chase the person who did the threatening with the intent of using deadly force. If so, that’s incredibly stupid,"

No buddy it's not stupid.  If you don't mean it don't say it. 
A criminal act is a criminal act. If someone breaks into your'
house or your neighbors that person is committing a criminal
act and it is your duty as a citizen to stop it.

Oh no no no, this is the New America we don't behave that
way anymore you neanderthal.
  ::rockethrow::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 03:34:42 PM »
This is getting so completely out of hand.

"Geraldo Rivera's Son, Gabriel, 'Ashamed' Of His Father's Opinion About Trayvon Martin"

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/318772/20120323/geraldo-rivera-s-son-gabriel-ashamed-trayvon.htm

"Hoodies on the Hill: Congressional Staffers Rally for Trayvon Martin"

http://news.yahoo.com/hoodies-hill-congressional-staffers-rally-trayvon-martin-200918029--abc-news.html

"Community leaders urge Houstonians to wear hoodies in support of slain teen "

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Community-leaders-urge-Houstonians-to-wear-hoodies-in-support-of-slain-teen-144009426.html

"Trayvon Martin Case: Lebron James Tweets Hoodie Picture In Support"

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/318736/20120323/trayvon-martin-case-lebron-james-hoodie.htm

Keep on pushing it y'all; let's make it bleed

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »
Ah, so the Left is now targeting Geraldo.  Hah!  How long you figure before he issues a "clarifying statement"?

You just cannot talk reality to these friggin people.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
This is getting so completely out of hand...

...Keep on pushing it y'all; let's make it bleed

Picking scabs.

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
Worse.  They've picked off the scab and are now probing the open wound.  This will not end well.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »

"I’m not sure how Florida’s Stand Your Ground law is written, though; it might allow someone who got threatened to chase the person who did the threatening with the intent of using deadly force. If so, that’s incredibly stupid,"

No buddy it's not stupid.  If you don't mean it don't say it. 
A criminal act is a criminal act. If someone breaks into your'
house or your neighbors that person is committing a criminal
act and it is your duty as a citizen to stop it.

Oh no no no, this is the New America we don't behave that
way anymore you neanderthal.
  ::rockethrow::

He was inside a gated community not his home.The law does not allow you to chase anybody down,It's what the name says it's stand you ground not chase them down.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 09:21:43 PM »
Hope the cops on the scene did a thorough job.
Sharptone & Farakan the only one remaining is
Jesse.  It'll be a AAA lynching.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Jesse...!!!

L A Times - Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson said Friday that he's grateful the rest of the country has sat up and taken notice of the tragic slaying of Trayvon Martin. But he can't help but wonder: Why has it taken so long for everyone else to recognize the chronic injustices that African Americans face?

ETA:
“Anytime an innocent life is taken it's a tragedy,” Bush said. “You've got to let the process work.”

After pronouncing Trayvon innocent and Zimmerman guilty Jeb Bush says we need to let the process work.  Hey, Jebbie, thanks.

the New Black Panther Party for Self-Defense circulated a “wanted dead or alive”

Weighing his words carefully, the country's first African American president pleaded for national "soul searching"

Hey, DS, America didn't shoot the kid.

I'm sorry for the parents of Trayvon, I'm sorry they lost their son, that this event happened, I pray for his justice but this crap that's going on is not going to help justice at all.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:53:13 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
"It's getting all crazy up in here!"