Author Topic: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread  (Read 72309 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: The All Things Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman Thread
« Reply #380 on: April 25, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »
Whitey should riot and kill people, maybe then whitey will get some respect and some justice, eh?

Is that the lesson the Left, the Democrats, the Media and the race-baiters are sending?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #381 on: April 25, 2012, 07:31:08 PM »
Whitey should riot and kill people, maybe then whitey will get some respect and some justice, eh?

Is that the lesson the Left, the Democrats, the Media and the race-baiters are sending?

I can see that in the near future and in Florida.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #382 on: April 25, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »

It's sick, they really want a race war and blood in the streets.  Nothing, I mean nothing justifies the vigilantism and wreckless rheotric the Left is pushing.  Nothing!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #383 on: April 25, 2012, 08:22:36 PM »

It's sick, they really want a race war and blood in the streets.  Nothing, I mean nothing justifies the vigilantism and wreckless rheotric the Left is pushing.  Nothing!

They don't believe that whites will ever stand up to them.It's been ther way every time,they riot,burn and loot and kill and nothing happens. If you get a bunch of the good old boys pissed off down here it could be a real problem for them and a real race war.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #384 on: April 25, 2012, 08:31:51 PM »

They don't believe that whites will ever stand up to them.It's been ther way every time,they riot,burn and loot and kill and nothing happens. If you get a bunch of the good old boys pissed off down here it could be a real problem for them and a real race war.

I cannot say there is not precedence for submission JF, but I agree they are playing with fire, and we are talking about violence here, not submitting to city bureacrats over mowing your yard.  I honestly think these people don't care what happens.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #385 on: April 25, 2012, 08:34:59 PM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #386 on: April 25, 2012, 09:40:33 PM »

But a more nuanced portrait of Zimmerman has emerged from a Reuters investigation into Zimmerman's past and a series of incidents in the community in the months preceding the Martin shooting.

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2012, 08:03:14 AM »
Good witness for the defense I'd say.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
This latest article by Reuters is the most complete and unbiased look at the story I've seen. One has to ask themselves what their motivation is for allowing the truth to be told now. Perhaps their role is now to allow truth to create the narrative that will justify Zimmerman's acquittal for those predisposed to see him as innocent, so that when he is released, the race war will have two equally agitated sides.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »
A chilling thought IDP.

Then there is this, I have not seen this comparison tried, perhaps they are holding it in reserve, but this article does a good job documenting the differences.

Something to keep in mind anyway.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/what-if-george-zimmerman-were-black-liberals-think-theyve-found-the-answer-in-georgia/

charlesoakwood

« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »

If the liberals think justice wasn't done in Georgia they need to pony up some
money so he can plea for a retrial.  That is what they want isn't it, justice for all?

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »
Maybe they've suddenly grown a conscience, realized that Zimmerman is actually a democrat and decided that they can't just throw the guy to the wolves?

Naaa! Of course not...they would eat their own young if it made even the least point for their side.

Maybe they've seen the error of their ways, that they completely caused racial tensions possibly leading to a race war and people have ended up in the hospital as a direct result of their idiocy?

Naaa! Of course not...they lie regularly about equally weighty subjects without regard to who may or may not get hurt in the process.

Alas, I have to conclude that Priest is correct or at the least, that they are seeing some other politically viable reason to suddenly 'see the light' and start publishing the truth. After all, what harm could it do to them? The actual racial damage has already been done and now that that genie is out of the bottle there's no putting it back.  ::pokeineye::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »

that they are seeing some other politically viable reason to suddenly 'see the light'

Could it be the light of litigation? 

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2012, 12:36:49 PM »
I'd say CO, that you may be on to something there. Of course, sucking up now won't blunt the litigation, but it may tug on the heartstrings of their sycophantic bootlicking followers, turning what is otherwise a huge PR disaster into a mild PR headache.

To me though, they're still just a bunch of megalomanical pricks.   ::cussing::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #394 on: April 27, 2012, 11:47:58 AM »
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/04/26/second-producer-fired-in-zimmerman-911-call-edit/

There has been a second firing at NBC over the misleading edit of George Zimmerman’s 911 call. A report published yesterday afternoon by the Miami Herald identifies reporter/producer Jeff Burnside as the individual responsible for the edits which appeared in an NBC6 news story on March 19th and again on March 20th.

Burnside, 52, won several regional Emmy awards and was known for his investigative reports and coverage of environmental issues. Named “Top TV Reporter” by the New Times in 2007, he is on the board of directors of the Society of Environmental Journalists.

Q-U-I-E-T-L-Y fired...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #395 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:40 AM »

He's now available to become one of Obama's environmental experts.
It's either a promotion or under the bus and he's not under it.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #396 on: April 27, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
Yeah, if roles reversed, the firings would be loud, public and replayed on the news 24/7/365 through election day.

::cussing::  MFM bastards!

::outrage::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #397 on: April 27, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
Still don't know the name of the first guy, do we?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #398 on: April 27, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
Not that I'm aware of Pan.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #399 on: May 01, 2012, 02:26:25 PM »
Why Couldn't Marissa Alexander Stand Her Ground In Florida

The Atlantic Wire
By: Alexander Abad-Santos

Looks like the media is stirring up crap again...

This is the story in its entirety:

What happened to Marissa Alexander sure sounds a lot like 'standing your ground': her abusive husband came after her, choked her, and when she finally broke free, she grabbed a gun fired a single warning shot into ceiling ... so why is she set to serve 20 years in jail?

Well, we imagine her prosecutor Angela Corey (who's also charging George Zimmerman) and her team, have the unfulfilling answers. The Florida Times Union's Charles Broward reported on April 21, "A judge denied [Alexander] immunity in a Stand Your Ground hearing. And after a jury found her guilty, she faces a mandatory term of 20 years in prison." Yes, there's the rage-inducing fact that Zimmerman who allegedly pursued and killed Trayvon Martin was allowed to walk free that night while Alexander is going to spend 20 years of her life in prison for a single warning shot. But it's also complex in that, those seeking justice for Trayvon Martin may have to side with a prosecutor who denied Alexander's (and the NAACP's) plea for a "stand your ground" ruling, like the one that was initially afforded to Zimmerman.

"There's a double standard with stand your ground," says Isaiah Rumlin, president of the Jacksonville Chapter of the NAACP. "The law is applied differently between African-Americans and whites who are involved in these types of cases." As Time's Touré points out, "there is one last sliver of hope left for Alexander: the court will soon hear arguments for a retrial." Jacksonville's News 4 added yesterday, "Judge James Daniel set a post-trial motions hearing for 8:30 a.m. Thursday. Daniel said if the motions are denied, she could be sentenced as soon as next week."

So what the 'author' of this 'piece' expects us all to believe is:

1) A woman is caught in an abusive relationship and in the midst of being assaulted she;
2) fires a shot from a gun, into the ceiling...
3) ...and for that she is facing a 20 year prison term.

As you have no doubt read, the author goes on to rail against the Trayvon shooting, etc citing their belief that the law in Florida is applied differently to members of different ethnic backgrounds.

Hogwash I say! There is obviously much missing from this story because you do not get 20 years in jail for firing a round into the ceiling. Period.

This is simply another attempt by the media to incite racial violence.

- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus