Author Topic: Paper: Marines down on Obama  (Read 910 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Paper: Marines down on Obama
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »
The Marine Corps Times previews its cover story about anti-Obama Marines at their 'Battle Rattle' blog.

"More anti-Obama talk is being heard in the workplace and new Military Times poll data shows declining approval among military service members for the president’s job as commander in chief," the blog reports.

The report highlights the recent controversy over a Tea Party Facebook page operated by active Marine Sgt. Gary Stein.

The article, available only to Marine Times subscribers, .

Video preview

Vid preview at previous link which links, as well, to the horse's mouth below:

Sgt. Gary Stein might be saying things about President Obama that a lot of Marines think, but some are saying he took it too far.

Stein has come under fire for stating on Facebook that he wouldn’t follow certain orders given by his commander in chief.  And Marines say Stein’s not alone in his disapproval.  More anti-Obama talk is being heard in the workplace and new Military Times poll data shows declining approval among military service members for the president’s job as commander in chief.

The Marine Corps depends its chain of command structure, especially in a time of war.  Some Marines say Stein and other vocal Marines like him are undermining that system.

See this week’s issue for a breakdown on what is happening, what it means for the chain of command and what Marine’s are saying about it.

Beck was talking this AM about gang infestation of the military and how this is going to cause a lot of grief for civilians when push comes to shove.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Paper: Marines down on Obama
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 02:06:59 PM »
I'll believe the military is anti-Obama the day he orders them to kill Americans and they refuse, and place him under arrest instead.

The military chain of command is a strong and binding thing. I won't ever take for granted that the military will choose the people over their commander in chief until it is put to the test. I have faith, but not confidence.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Paper: Marines down on Obama
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »
I am sorry to say I don't even have faith.  I believe our military is no longer what it once was.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"