Author Topic: Doctors for Truth  (Read 1344 times)

charlesoakwood

Doctors for Truth
« on: March 20, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »

The Whole Truth television commercial

Topic: American Doctors for Truth

A conservative group calling itself American Doctors for Truth is launching a new ad campaign in Florida and Texas tomorrow that’s sure to get some attention. Mirroring the controversial liberal ad last year that showed Rep. Paul Ryan shoving an old woman in a wheelchair off a cliff, this one has President Obama pushing the wheelchair instead. Over the top? Absolutely, but that’s clearly the point.

While last year’s anti-Ryan ad slammed the ... Link

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Doctors for Truth
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
Real doctors (as opposed to the props in the Rose Garden who were issued white coats for the cameras) opposing ObamaCare is incalculably important in keeping public opinion against this monstrosity.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
So I suppose we'll be hearing from the Milquetoast Republicans lamenting "lowering ourselves to their level".

Good vid - do more!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »
I left a link to this doctor's blog around here somewhere, previously.  He's posted online Chapter Three of his book:  The Cowing of the Medical Profession.

Chapter Two informed how we were sold out by the insurance industry and its support this time 'round for government medical care.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:08:08 PM »

A conservative group calling itself American Doctors for Truth is launching a new ad campaign in Florida and Texas tomorrow that’s sure to get some attention. Mirroring the controversial liberal ad last year that showed Rep. Paul Ryan shoving an old woman in a wheelchair off a cliff, this one has President Obama pushing the wheelchair instead. Over the top? Absolutely, but that’s clearly the point.

Well, these doctors will be audited......

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »

Odds on he's fifty years old or younger.  Rush says history begins when you were born, actually it's when you become aware of your circumstance. 

The big insurance coup occurred during the early '80s aids hysteria.  Due to the government re-legislating existing law forcing  insurance companies to cover the extreme expense mass numbers of people who were mortally wounding themselves while at the same time putting no restriction on these self destructive people the insurance companies, en mass, said they would go bankrupt and no one would be insured.

In deference to the undisciplined libertines the government capitulated to the insurance companies. Within a year businesses that before offered primo Aetna or Travelers or Prudential were now offering HMOs or PPPs or whatever other POS they could afford.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 04:48:00 AM »

It's about damned time !

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »

Odds on he's fifty years old or younger.  Rush says history begins when you were born, actually it's when you become aware of your circumstance. 

The big insurance coup occurred during the early '80s aids hysteria.  Due to the government re-legislating existing law forcing  insurance companies to cover the extreme expense mass numbers of people who were mortally wounding themselves while at the same time putting no restriction on these self destructive people the insurance companies, en mass, said they would go bankrupt and no one would be insured.

In deference to the undisciplined libertines the government capitulated to the insurance companies. Within a year businesses that before offered primo Aetna or Travelers or Prudential were now offering HMOs or PPPs or whatever other POS they could afford.

I don't know how old he is, but if you're interested in what he has to say about the death of the insurance companies, you can read it here:

http://covertrationingblog.com/open-wide-and-say-moo-the-good-citizens-guide-to-right-thinking-and-right-actions/chapter-2-the-demise-of-the-health-insurance-industry
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 09:49:41 AM »
Great info, but he left us dangling for a solution!  When is the next update?!

Regardless, Priority #1 is killing ObamaCare by any means necessary!

IMO the Repub's blew the whole healthcare "debate" by not distilling the issue to its rock bottom core and instead let the Left control the theme...this whole debate came up because of the poor (by whatever means, don't care why) uninsured!  A simple low-cost pooled catastophic insurance fund to cover the uninsured who want coverage would have killed the issue and a companion bill to eradicate state barriers for private insurance would have improved risk pooling in the private insurance markets.  Instead it was Big Govt Plan or nothing, and nothing would have been the preferred choice!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »
"http://covertrationingblog.com/open-wide-and-say-moo-the-good-citizens-guide-to-right-thinking-and-right-actions/chapter-2-the-demise-of-the-health-insurance-industry"

That's what prompted my remarks.  He lept from 1972 and Richard Nixon to the 1990s.
He omitted the 1983/84? bankruptcy threat and the government's refusal to control the
activities that was causing exponential spread of the virus.