Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 59473 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #240 on: July 25, 2017, 01:43:27 AM »
Did they just completely wipe out two more families, yesterday?  And right before what could have been a hawt scene.   ::pullhair::

Counting the Boltons from Episode 1, they're really cutting the cast, this season.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #241 on: July 27, 2017, 12:00:22 PM »
Hey, when things go dark...chamberpots will come back...

One word:  OUTHOUSE

For you maybe...your better half will be like "...and take this with you and empty it for me honeybunch!"...

::hysterical::

Did you meet her? Cause her idea of ruffing it is B/W t.v.

Heh!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #243 on: July 27, 2017, 12:04:54 PM »
Did they just completely wipe out two more families, yesterday?  And right before what could have been a hawt scene.   ::pullhair::

Counting the Boltons from Episode 1, they're really cutting the cast, this season.

Well the dyke assassin brood of Dorne...not sure how much I'll miss that, or the dyke wannabe queen of of the Ironborn...probably miss less...and Theon/Reek...useless...

All in all perhaps no great loss...and it makes an alliance between Mother of Dragons and the King of the North even more imperative.

What disappointed me the most was Arya abandoning her List and turning tail for home!  WTF?!   ::cussing::

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #244 on: July 27, 2017, 03:23:55 PM »
I think Theon still lives. Actually, there are several people in that battle who they didn't actually show them die.

I was sad that Nymeria bailed on Arya. Actually, the whole Dire Wolves story arc could've been so much cooler; so much more full of the fantasy genre mystique. But that's not Martin's way I guess. The world he created is dominated by human machinations, and what fantasy elements exist are underplayed, when comparing to authors like Tolkien, Jordan, Donaldson, Goodkind, etc.

Still, something tells me Nymeria will be back when it matters most.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:27:29 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #245 on: July 31, 2017, 08:05:36 AM »
I think Nymeria is taking orders from a higher power that has three eyes...

Reek survived...in a show where people are slaughtered wholesale...that weasel lives...irony GOT version, eh?

And the bitch queen sacrifices an empty castle to plunder another...there aren't many chess pieces left on this board.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:27 PM »
Yep, Reek lives, and so does his sister.

Is it me or does anyone else feeling a little bit of a letdown after such a bang up start?  Maybe it's because Martin has given up on writing the story and it's the TV guys now doing the writing.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #247 on: August 09, 2017, 06:57:02 AM »
Kingslayer survived?

I want Arya to resume her hunt.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #248 on: August 09, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »
  Who was John Snows Father?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #249 on: August 09, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »
Rhaegar Targaryan, Daenarys's oldest brother was Snow's father. Lyanna Stark - Ned's sister - was Snow's mother. Lyanna bound Ned to a deathbed oath to protect Snow from Robert Baratheon, so Ned took Snow as his own bastard.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #250 on: August 10, 2017, 05:50:43 PM »
Rhaegar Targaryan, Daenarys's oldest brother was Snow's father. Lyanna Stark - Ned's sister - was Snow's mother. Lyanna bound Ned to a deathbed oath to protect Snow from Robert Baratheon, so Ned took Snow as his own bastard.

Perfect were on the same page but what happened to King Roberts bastard son the blacksmith? He hasn't been seen in a while. I may have missed something.  And doesn't that put Snow in line for the throne?
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2017, 12:37:35 AM »

Perfect were on the same page but what happened to King Roberts bastard son the blacksmith? He hasn't been seen in a while. I may have missed something.  And doesn't that put Snow in line for the throne?

Gendry... Melisandre used his blood to perform the ritual, and then imprisoned him. Ser Davos let him escape in a rowboat, and he hasn't been seen since. If he still lives, he is the last known Baratheon.

If the Targaryan lineage is what it appears to be (as I described above), then Jon Snow is Danaerys's half-nephew. Not sure where that places him in line for the throne. She is the daughter of the Mad King. Snow is the bastard grandson.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »
  What a mess!! You have to love it.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #253 on: August 14, 2017, 07:01:30 AM »
Gendry is with Snow now.  Is Arya being set up by Little Finger?  With people good and bad getting dispatched all the time...how does that worm still breath?

And did anybody else catch that blurb by Samwell's sweetie pie reading from some Maester book about a rumor or legend of Rheagar having a bastard son?  Interesting that a) it came up again...maybe word got back from fans that there was some general confusion to clear up and b) that it didn't trigger a response from Samwell who is naturally fixated on the lack of urgency by the Grand Maester and his cronies about the White Walker threat.

Anyway...

These outreach to the Psycho Queen and capturing a zombie seems pointless to me, but...whatever...

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2017, 09:27:19 AM »
http://www.thisisinsider.com/game-of-thrones-rhaegar-lyanna-married-jon-snow-targaryen-2017-8

Another major piece of the puzzle that is Jon Snow's parentage was just unveiled on "Game of Thrones."

While reading old texts with Gilly, Sam Tarly learned that Rhaegar Targaryen — Jon's father— had his marriage to Elia Martell annulled.

The sixth season finale showed  Bran's flashback to the Tower of Joy, where Lyanna Stark lay dying in a bed of blood after giving birth to Jon. We didn't see Rhaegar there, nor was there any mention of him, but book readers have long assumed Rhaegar was Jon's father. HBO even confirmed the theory when they released an infographic in the week after the Tower of Joy scene aired.

And now we know that Jon isn't just a bastard born from a secret love affair between Lyanna and Rhaegar — he's likely their legitimate child and could now surpass Daenerys when it comes to the Iron Throne's Targaryen successor
 Filippo Mazzie

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #255 on: August 14, 2017, 11:54:59 AM »
Yup, Snow is no bastard. He's the legitimate heir to the Iron Throne.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #256 on: August 14, 2017, 12:43:09 PM »
So...Mother of Dragon's named one of her fire-spewing children after the father of the man she wants to "bend the knee" before her, eh?

There's irony running all over each other in this thing!  Won't that scorch some bottoms when it is revealed!

Works for me...let's see what happens  ::popcorn::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2017, 07:09:37 AM »
OK, maybe it was just me...but when in the previous episode when the ghouls were toting chains I literally groaned "you have got to be sh*tting me?!"...of all the outrageous twists and turns and slaying and betrayals...none of that bothered/surprised me...turning a dragon?  Yeah, that pees me off...and now this last episode confirms how bad that is...well, I guess they want some dragon on dragon death matches to wrap things up, eh?

But at least there was the rich reward of seeing the Stark girls (with Bran's timely input) dispatch that snake Little Finger...I liked that whole sequence very much.

And yeah, the Bitch Queen lying her ass off...wonder if Kingslayer has had enough of that batshyt crazy twit?

And poor Bran...his timing is off on telling John who he really is...since he has now bedded his...Aunt?

::facepalm::

Well, what is done is done...you can unscrew a lightbulb, but...people are something else!

On a looking ahead note...is the rumor that it may take a couple years of work before airing the final season a load of BS?

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »
  Seems everybody expected the dead dragon to come in and take the wall down in minutes??   My jaw dropped and now God only knows when it will be back on.    SOB I'm sick.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »
Have my subscription to HBO Now set, ready for Season 8 starting April 14th!   ::whoohoo::