Topics > Entertainment

Game of Thrones

<< < (58/58)

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: ToddF on June 19, 2019, 06:09:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: IronDioPriest on April 09, 2019, 10:56:50 AM ---
--- Quote from: ToddF on April 09, 2019, 06:56:37 AM ---I read somewhere where the prequels are just Martin's excuse for being too lazy to do the real work of finishing his existing story.  Martin's writing career is done.

Now an HBO treatment of the Wheel of Time saga would be a winner.  Yes, I gave it a second try and now I'm hooked on that.

--- End quote ---

Wheel of Time is epic reading, but there is SO MUCH detail and character development that could never translate to the screen. As those books expand, they expand exponentially, the primary characters become so numerous that keeping track of them is monumental. Plus, it just gets downright weird... and unlike Martin, Jordan is loathe to ever kill off any characters, so new additions are always additive.

Idunno... I’d watch, for sure... but I’m just skeptical that it could be made to work, unless the showrunners completely departed from the literature.

--- End quote ---

We'll get our chance to see for ourselves.

http://collider.com/wheel-of-time-tv-series-cast-rosamund-pike-amazon/

If they're making this as a girrrl power thing, forget it.  It's failed, already.

--- End quote ---

It was a pretty female oriented body of work. The Aes Sedai were central to the whole thing.

ToddF:
Well, the guys have a small part in this, also, at least into book 4.  Plus, Rand is the most powerful of all.  The way that piece was written, only the women wield the power.

IronDioPriest:

--- Quote from: ToddF on June 20, 2019, 05:29:58 AM ---Well, the guys have a small part in this, also, at least into book 4.  Plus, Rand is the most powerful of all.  The way that piece was written, only the women wield the power.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that would suck. Jordan went out of his way to make the female characters equally as important to the story, but if they mess with SJW BS in the TV show, it’ll be lame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version