Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 59258 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2015, 08:01:20 PM »
It's not just the show writers tormenting viewers. Martin did it with the books too. They're accurately interpreting his treatment of charaters in general, even as they deviate in the specifics.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2015, 08:51:29 PM »
There are so many plotlines that if they are going to keep going with this they almost need 2 hour episodes...or a lot of stuff has to come to a head to pare things down.

No doubt you'll be right Glock, it's almost as if the writers are directed to torment viewers.

It's more like pissing me off with this going in all directions at once.It had better start to come together soon.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2015, 06:31:59 AM »
It's not just the show writers tormenting viewers. Martin did it with the books too. They're accurately interpreting his treatment of charaters in general, even as they deviate in the specifics.

You've made mention of this before and I forgot, but hey, two wrongs does not make a right...like JF I am trying to hang with it but they don't make it easy, I think for viewer sanity they are going to have to bring several of these diverse threads to a close or risk torking people off even more.  But perhaps torking people off isn't their concern, this is after all Big Entertainment we are talking about...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2015, 06:56:41 AM »
I read somewhere a few days ago that the rapid pace at which they are excising characters, consolidating characters, consolidating storylines, outpacing the books, and drawing characters together, indicates that they intend to finish the whole kit-n-kaboodle in the seven seasons they originally set out to produce.

Even though their stated goal was to run seven seasons, there was much speculation that the popularity of the show would compel ten or more. But now the speculation is that they will wrap it up in seven as originally planned.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2015, 12:57:04 AM »
Spoilers from Episode 6 below

Sansa....poor Sansa.  Of course, nobody should be surprised that Ramsey revealed his full monstrous self to her on their wedding night.  Apparently the Twitterverse is all up in arms by angry female fans who believe the show has finally crossed too many lines.  What did they expect?

To me the final scene was even more twisted by the fact that they didn't show it.  Instead we heard it, and our helplessness underscored by the camera remaining fixed on Theon's anguished expression as he too was forced to helplessly observe.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2015, 06:28:14 AM »
Yup.  I thought silly thoughts, like "she'll pull out a dagger and slay him" or "that up to now useless Theon will snap and slay his tormentor", but stupid ideas they are, that is not how this show works.

It's one of many trainwrecks in progress, all you can do is watch helplessly...even if somebody tried to stop it they'd be slaughtered...it seems to be shaping up for a fine 300 car pile up.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19:56 PM »
  At some point Sansa has to stop being a victim for gods sake.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2015, 10:05:59 AM »
  At some point Sansa has to stop being a victim for gods sake.

I'm assuming she is going to do what that old chambermaid told her to do, put a candle in the window of the broken tower, which should signal these mysterious "friends in the North" around Winterfell.  We also know Brienne is there, committed to serving out her vow to Lady Catelyn, and she also wants to kill Stannis who is also on the way there.  Should be an interesting collision of events.

I'm afraid it's going to end up being the end of Stannis, which sucks because I started liking him more and more.  IMO he has the best claim on the throne not only because he is Robert's true heir, but because he was the only one to respond to the request for help from the Night's Watch.  He deserves the Iron Throne for that alone.

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2015, 10:45:02 AM »
I'm afraid it's going to end up being the end of Stannis, which sucks because I started liking him more and more.  IMO he has the best claim on the throne not only because he is Robert's true heir, but because he was the only one to respond to the request for help from the Night's Watch.  He deserves the Iron Throne for that alone.

Hopefully before he dies he'll realize Melisandre is evil and the Lord of Light is the devil. I'd hate to have him go to his grave unaware at how he's being misled and used.

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
Yeah, death to the succubus!

But I bet Stannis gets slayed and she escapes with her wicked skin...

At least Jon might get to keep his navy, so, not a total loss.   :D

Poor Sansa...she is doomed to nothing but humiliation and pain...

Would be a mercy to hurl herself off the ramparts...

But the wedding night scene did have one positive byproduct...it drove this useless prog away from the show, so the audience as a whole just went up in collective IQ!

::hysterical::

Q-OK, the bedchamber scene is one thing, but if she's been watching the show all along you could see this trainwreck coming, but wtf is her beef with the water garden scene?

Progs!   ::)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:55:39 AM by Libertas »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2015, 01:31:00 PM »
There's really been an inordinate amount of whining from liberals and feminists about it.  What was gratuitous about it?  Did anyone expect less from Ramsey Bolton?  Plus, are they not aware that this is a medieval world -- it's brutal and filthy and the powerful treat the powerless like property.

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2015, 01:35:06 PM »
Also, have you noticed these same people haven't had sh*t to say about the alarming frequency with which men have their balls cut off in this show?  Theon of course, and then Varys telling his story, then last week Tyrion is threatened with it.

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »
BTW - I would totally make a shadow baby with Melisandre.   ::pimp::

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2015, 01:50:28 PM »
Also, have you noticed these same people haven't had sh*t to say about the alarming frequency with which men have their balls cut off in this show?  Theon of course, and then Varys telling his story, then last week Tyrion is threatened with it.

Or said squat about the buggery...

Or about feeding humans to dragons...

Or power-mad queens...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2015, 01:53:23 PM »
BTW - I would totally make a shadow baby with Melisandre.   ::pimp::

And send it toward DC?

::evil::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2015, 07:19:41 AM »
The Trigger Warning American Community sure was triggered, weren't they?

::curtsy4::

Unlike the fake rape chick with issues, Sansa will be tough enough to not go through the rest of her life carrying a mattress.

Bat.  S**t.  Crazy. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »
I had to look that up MNHawk...

This kind of effed up looks permanent to me, what a complete loon!

I don't even want to know what the degree is in...if anything other than bullsh*t I'd be surprised...either way, sane people should avoid this moonbat and let it implode by itself...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »
A politically correct Game of Thrones, for the delicate flowers of Obama's unproductive half of America.

http://stopgamergate.com/post/119331314885/social-justice-approved-game-of-thrones

Sansa cuts her long red hair short and dyes it rainbow colours. Starts a social media raven campaign for the awareness of how tough the daughters of Lords have it. Spends the rest of her time telling peasant boys to check their privilege.

Ser Tywin Lannister runs an interview stating how he is now a woman and must now be referred to as Lady.

Theon Greyjoy hacks it off himself.

::hysterical::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2015, 05:21:06 PM »
As long as she doesn't start packing a mattress around with her...  :o

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2015, 12:59:48 AM »
LOL, good stuff.  Man the shrieking and wailing over this latest episode is just ridiculous.  I still can't get over the complaint that it's gratuitous -- considering how so many other awful things are depicted with even greater frequency.  It seems rather like complaining that a period piece set in 1930s Germany has offensively anti-Jewish plot elements.  Well no sh*t you morons.

- Yours Truly