Author Topic: Massholes at it again - changes St. Patrick’s Day to O’Green Day  (Read 1507 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
A Massachusetts elementary school is changing the name of St. Patrick’s Day to O’Green Day to be more inclusive.

960 WELI reported:

St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday rooted in Christian values, however secular celebrations are also regularly held to commemorate the day. In fact, for a great many, the religious tones aren’t even a consideration, as alcohol, Shamrock shakes and other fun-filled elements regularly dominate the day’s observations. Somehow, though, the holiday is reportedly still too religious for one Massachusetts elementary school.

At the Soule Road School in Wilbraham, St. Patrick‘s Day has been replaced as the name for the school’s celebration surrounding the popular holiday. It’s been replaced with the generic “O’Green Day.” MassLive.com’s Patrick Johnson calls the move “a heavy-handed attempt to instill political correctness among the impressionable 4th and 5th graders.”

The school’s principal, Lisa Curtin, is apparently looking to become more inclusive.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Massholes at it again - changes St. Patrick’s Day to O’Green Day
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 02:55:37 PM »

The school’s principal, Lisa Curtin, is apparently looking to become more inclusive.

You know, by excluding the viewpoints of people she disagree's with and trying to promote a uniform and conformist  understanding of the world in her classroom

We get to start shooting them soon, right? Right?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »

You know, by excluding the viewpoints of people she disagree's with and trying to promote a uniform and conformist  understanding of the world in her classroom

We get to start shooting them soon, right? Right?

I'm quite sure they'll see to it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 11:42:35 AM »
Massholes!   ::hysterical::

Anybody reach former Masshole Willard for his thoughts on the matter? 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 06:42:31 AM »
What do you expect when this generation of "teachers" now finds themselves in places of leadership?

Prospective School Teachers
Fail Test in Massachusetts

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 06:54:44 AM »
What do you expect when this generation of "teachers" now finds themselves in places of leadership?

Prospective School Teachers
Fail Test in Massachusetts

59%!

::hysterical::

If that isn't a ringing endorsement for the termination of teachers unions I don't know what is!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.