Author Topic: Your cerebral palsied Child may no longer use her walker at school  (Read 1215 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Ain't this some sh!t now!

The mother of a child with cerebral palsy is preparing to file a lawsuit against a school district after she says a special education director told her that her five-year-old daughter can no longer use her walker at school.

Kristi Roberts, the girl’s mother, reportedly recorded the conversation with the director Gary Lemley and uploaded it to YouTube. She said she did so as a last resort after two years of arguing with the district about her daughter's care.

"Basically she can't use the walker because we don't think it's safe," Lemley is reportedly heard saying on the audio recording.

Lakay Roberts, 5, has been using a walker at Kings Manor Elementary School in Houston for the past two years. She recently fell in the parking lot when the equipment collapsed.

"How many kids fall down at recess? Do you make them take their shoes off and buy new ones?" asked Roberts. "No ma'am. They're not using walkers," Lemley said, according to the report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/24/texas-mom-plans-to-sue-school-district-after-says-daughter-with-cerebral-palsy/#ixzz1q5ACZ9PT

Brain dead, I swear to God, and he's in charge of other people's kids.

And it sounds like the child needs a better walker.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Your cerebral palsied Child may no longer use her walker at school
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 07:30:52 PM »

New Caney ISD takes away walker from student:
@2:08  telephone conversation with school

New Caney ISD takes away walker from student

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:42:27 PM »
1. She is a sweetie!
2. I smell an ADA suit in the works that should (with any luck) devastate the miserable fvck that I hear on that audio/video. Rotten cowardly bastard.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »
What a rotten sonofabitch. The woman has the patience of a saint.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson