Author Topic: European Court: Homosexual marriage is NOT a "human right"  (Read 3532 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: European Court: Homosexual marriage is NOT a "human right"
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
My problems comes when I try to agrue my position on homosexuality without using the Bible.

One of my daughter's professors announced in one class that during the next class he would explain why homosexuality was wrong.  My daughter's Catholic roommate and a few others went to class loaded for bear as they were sure they'd best him.

He argued that from a strictly biological/nature point of view that species are required to procreate to survive and that men and women are designed to carry out that function perfectly.

He took the wind out of their sails and they had nothing to contribute since he didn't offer the usual arguments.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 10:40:02 PM »
Okay, gotcha, IDP; but I'm saying "who decides what's "fair"?  He's trying to make a point based on a faulty premise.  Is it un"fair" that I'm not basketball material?  Oh, hell no; it's just what IS.  One goes down the "fair" road, even while repudiating the outcome, and one is already in the wrong because the minute the outcome is judged as "poor" for my future in basketball, the next faulty premise is that I've been somehow injured.  Prager, stands there, but avers my injury is not worth the cost to the general population, but, what if it isn't?  What if it costs little to remediate my "lack"?  Should y'all not endeavor to fix that for me if it costs you nothing?

I say NO.  I need to deal with whatever perceived shortcomings I'm dealt and make the most of my assets.  "Fair" is not an item on the menu.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 12:47:16 AM »
My problems comes when I try to agrue my position on homosexuality without using the Bible.

One of my daughter's professors announced in one class that during the next class he would explain why homosexuality was wrong.  My daughter's Catholic roommate and a few others went to class loaded for bear as they were sure they'd best him.

He argued that from a strictly biological/nature point of view that species are required to procreate to survive and that men and women are designed to carry out that function perfectly.

He took the wind out of their sails and they had nothing to contribute since he didn't offer the usual arguments.

And it is indeed just that simple. I think the fact that we even have to have the discussion (in the greater culture) about whether or not it's unnatural shows how it is quite possible to "educate" a populace so much that they become gullible enough to believe anything. The liberals are so enamored of shades of gray that they refuse to recognize that black and white do still exist nevertheless.

Sexuality exists for the purpose of reproducing the species. Sex is so deeply ingrained at the most primitive part of the mind that it has become intertwined with many different aspects of the human condition, but these are all ultimately in service to the reproductive imperative. Redirecting all this into same-sex attraction is exactly what it used to be called: a psychiatric problem.

I've never harbored any ill will toward them and always been content to tolerate them, but no that's just not enough for them. They demand that every social and cultural institution be redefined to accommodate their perversion, so now that the ante has been upped I am all in favor of pushing back with marriage amendments and the like.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 01:31:49 AM »

I've never harbored any ill will toward them and always been content to tolerate them, but no that's just not enough for them. They demand that every social and cultural institution be redefined to accommodate their perversion, so now that the ante has been upped I am all in favor of pushing back with marriage amendments and the like.

I feel we should let the barbarians commit whatever atrocities upon their own that they feel inclined to. Preach. Warn. Don't interfere.  God can pass his own judgement in his own good time. What they do does nothing to harm me and mine. There is not one culture we are fighting over. We have our culture and they have theirs, and let the best culture win. What? You aborted all of your babies and your homosexual relationships bore no fruit? That's too bad.

Do not stop the enemy from committing suicide.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2012, 06:50:35 AM »

I feel we should let the barbarians commit whatever atrocities upon their own that they feel inclined to. Preach. Warn. Don't interfere.  God can pass his own judgement in his own good time. What they do does nothing to harm me and mine. There is not one culture we are fighting over. We have our culture and they have theirs, and let the best culture win. What? You aborted all of your babies and your homosexual relationships bore no fruit? That's too bad.

The problem with that is the assumption that there will be anything left standing once they are done committing suicide. They aren't just in the corner with a gun in their mouth. They're burning down the house with themselves and the entire family inside.

The actions of the radical homosexuals are just symptoms of the Left overall. They aren't committing suicide while we watch. They are doing what is necessary to commit murder on the whole of Western civilization so their worldview can prevail. They may be blindly walking towards a demographic cliff because of their myriad perversions, but we stand with our backs at the edge of that cliff. Everything depends on who wins the pushing match that is underway.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »

I feel we should let the barbarians commit whatever atrocities upon their own that they feel inclined to. Preach. Warn. Don't interfere.  God can pass his own judgement in his own good time. What they do does nothing to harm me and mine. There is not one culture we are fighting over. We have our culture and they have theirs, and let the best culture win. What? You aborted all of your babies and your homosexual relationships bore no fruit? That's too bad.

The only way for them not to harm you and yours is to totally and completely withdraw from society.  Even then, the effects will fall on one's head, if only tangentially.

Should the Left get their way with the imposition of gay "marriage", they will demand Churches participate.  Do not doubt this.  Is it still your opinion to stand by and let them?  What about your church?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
I believe that not only will they demand churches participate, they will first demand equal treatment in adoption, then equal treatment in adoption from religious organizations, and then affirmative action in adoption to account for all the years of "discrimination".

That is the natural progression of progressives. Sooner or later they will get around to demanding adult-child homosexual marriage.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
I believe that not only will they demand churches participate, they will first demand equal treatment in adoption, then equal treatment in adoption from religious organizations, and then affirmative action in adoption to account for all the years of "discrimination".

That is the natural progression of progressives. Sooner or later they will get around to demanding adult-child homosexual marriage.

But we are told we have to allow gay marriage to test the theory that the slipper slope is wrong.  Sure, all it will cost us is our morality a few thousand kids, no biggie, right?

/

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »

And the principal vehicle for this is the rubric of public funding.  Any organization, be it an adoption agency or hospital, etc, that receives (directly or indirectly) any funding via the government has at that point ceded all sovereignty over their organization's policies whether they know it or not. This is how the government worms its way into every social and cultural institution for the purposes of redefining them.  It's also why the government works to create conditions where its funding is all but mandatory.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2012, 02:54:09 PM »

Major hospital complexes have banks of lawyers
who do nothing but study new laws and how to
interpret them so that the facility may operate in
compliance and still practice medicine as they think
proper.