Author Topic: "Birfers" need not apply nor speak; the self-censored Right  (Read 4044 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Birfers" need not apply nor speak; the self-censored Right
« on: March 25, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »
Calling out self-censorship on the right

An insidious form of self-censorship has gripped not only the mainstream media but most of the conservative media as well. All Americans who believe in the quest for the truth should be concerned that a rigid taboo is being enforced to prevent the discussion of serious evidence that the President of the United States has presented documents that were constructed on a computer as his genuine birth certificate.

Friday, I wrote about the courage of Diana West, an established figure in the conservative literary firmament, who called out the "lapdogs" in the conservative media who are averting their eyes from the questions raised by Sheriff Joes' Cold Case Posse, made up of veteran law officers and attorneys.  Today, one of the most important and respected figures in American high culture, Roger Kimball, takes a stand in support of Ms. West, decrying "the most effective form of censorship" being applied to the troubling bogus document being passed off as genuine by a sitting president.

The most effective form of censorship is also the quietest. It operates not by actively proscribing speech but by rendering certain topics hors de combat, literally undiscussable. It does this by propagating an atmosphere of revulsion and taboo. Ordinary censorship prohibits the dissemination of particular opinions or bits of information. The more subtle engine of silence I have in mind goes further. It stanches not only the flow of speech but also the flow of thought. Ordinary censorship occupies itself with the results of human curiosity. What I am talking about attacks human curiosity itself.

If you don't know who Roger Kimball is, read this. When a man as respected as he calls the attention of conservative intellectuals to an important topic they are shunning because they are intimidated, it can have an effect. Real conservatives are not careerists, they believe in principles and integrity. Lest anyone forget, William F. Buckley did not hesitate to call out anti-Semites on the right, at a time when it was a taboo subject. Occupying the status of leading conservative publication or voice carries with it certain duties, including standing up to social pressure when important issues are being suppressed from discussion.

There have been far too many alarming signs that the official story of Barrack Obama is a sham. That he would go so far as to present a computer-assembled document as genuine boggles the mind. Those who wish to pretend nothing is amiss -- move along now! --are fooling themselves, but they are not fooling Roger Kimball, Diana West, or many AT readers.

For some reason, I kept thinking of "Sarah Palin is not electable" as I was reading this piece.  My mind always retorts, "she is if people vote for her".  One issue resembles the other, I'd say; conservatives looking around at each other, hesitant to make the first move or do something they think other conservatives won't do because the Left -- THE LEFT -- has so ridiculed the premise they de facto set the agenda, and it's in the interest of some on the Right to let them.

I am a believer in the falsity of the Obama birth certificate.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Re: "Birfers" need not apply nor speak; the self-censored Right
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
. . .
I am a believer in the falsity of the Obama birth certificate.

I too believe that the document released by the White House for national consumption has been altered. Why, I do not know. I just don't understand the lack of curiosity by conservatives as to why this travesty has been foisted upon us.

Folks much more experienced in computer document generation have set out a cogent explanation as to why the document is a forgery and I have yet to see anyone successfully challenge their hypothesis.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 06:29:47 PM »
Whether or not the "official" document is real is open to debate and the evidence probably leans in favor of it being fake.

That said, the fact that O'Bongo's birth announcement was published in a Hawaiian newspaper kind of makes the whole discussion moot for me.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 06:45:39 PM »
It is claimed that the announcement published in the newspaper is a red herring.
Actually, the birth certificate is too.

He is not a natural born citizen because his daddy wasn't

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 06:47:06 PM »
Whether or not the "official" document is real is open to debate and the evidence probably leans in favor of it being fake.

That said, the fact that O'Bongo's birth announcement was published in a Hawaiian newspaper kind of makes the whole discussion moot for me.

I have no problem with it being moot for you, however, I'd like to posit that it doesn't require a conspiracy theory to suggest that there may have been other reasons, not related to his future presidency  ::foilhathelicopter::  , for the announcement in the paper; something as mundane as citizenship/residency issues as regards the everyday, normal kid.  You can not seriously believe his grandparents were not above lying for pedestrian purposes or to ameliorate their daughter's idiocy?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »
Well, I'm just saying that the discussion is moot because he is the president now regardless of any other issues. It is not as if the establishment will EVER concede that he isn't the legitimate president. They won't. The legislation that he signed into law will not be undone over that issue. Not ever. It may (God willing) be overturned and the damage corrected but there is simply no way of putting the genie back into that particular bottle.

He must now be defeated.

And if we can't defeat the most unpopular and incompetent president since Jimmy Carter then we, as a country, deserve to suffer under his idiotic leadership.

Pray to God that he is defeated.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »
Oh, and BTW...

I have no problem discussing it or any other subject. I do not believe in self censoring. I just think that this, like a lot of conspiracy type of topics, is energy that could be better turned toward defeating O'Bongo on the issues.

Seriously, if we can't defeat him on the issues then what good are we anyway?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:47:46 PM by trapeze »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »
Oh, and BTW...

I have no problem discussing it or any other subject. I do not believe in self censoring. I just think that this, like a lot of conspiracy type of topics is energy that could be better turned toward defeating O'Bongo on the issues.

But, trap, I deliberately wrote "not a conspiracy" in light of other mundane reasons why certain actions may have been performed.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 07:41:08 PM »

Whether it was a conspiracy or not will be determined at the trial.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »
Oh, and BTW...

I have no problem discussing it or any other subject. I do not believe in self censoring. I just think that this, like a lot of conspiracy type of topics is energy that could be better turned toward defeating O'Bongo on the issues.

But, trap, I deliberately wrote "not a conspiracy" in light of other mundane reasons why certain actions may have been performed.

I did not mean to imply that you were claiming a conspiracy but merely to include it in the myriad of other such issues.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
They're against its discussion because if it is given serious merit and shown to be fabricated, then there is a constitutional crisis and action on their part is called for. Action that they're unwilling to take. So they couch this cowardice in their bloviations about it being nothing more than ridiculous conspiracy fodder not worthy of serious investigation.

It's a case of not wanting to acknowledge a problem, because acknowledging it will erase the plausibility of the excuse for continued inaction. I was never willing to put much credence in the whole Birther theory, but then when such a flagrantly falsified document was produced -- by the White House itself -- I became much more willing to entertain all of it. When you combine it with the highly unusual paucity of information about who this man is and what he has done, it makes me think the ones with the blinders on are anyone but the Birfers.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 08:35:29 PM »

Guess the latest Arpaio bit fits that scenario, you know, the part about
NY and Hawaii, "Immigration records missing for week of Obama's birth.
Yes, it's WND but when there is an information embargo what can you do?  I think Arpaio is a straight up guy and does not publish his information unless it is authentic.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »

Yes, it's WND but when there is an information embargo what can you do?  I think Arpaio is a straight up guy and does not publish his information unless it is authentic.

I'd read that, Charles, and accuracy demand the question be asked: how many other weeks are missing in terms of comparative carelessness?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »

Good catch. Excellent question.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 08:59:56 PM »
Probably none. The one week that was lost due to carelessness just happened to be that one. How bizarre!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 09:17:54 PM »
Probably none. The one week that was lost due to carelessness just happened to be that one. How bizarre!

No.  You don't know that.  Government carelessness and inefficiency is endemic.  It needs to be known in order to press forward.

Legalism rule:  never ask a question to which the answer is unknown.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »

Yes, it's WND but when there is an information embargo what can you do?  I think Arpaio is a straight up guy and does not publish his information unless it is authentic.

I'd read that, Charles, and accuracy demand the question be asked: how many other weeks are missing in terms of comparative carelessness?

I had the same exact question when I read the piece. The way the article was written, there is no way to know how accurate the immigration records to Hawaii were at that time, or whether their existence was even typical or standard practice.

If no record of that week exists, fine, but at least back it up with an examination of how well those records were kept in general, or even some indication that they typically existed at all. Without a comparison the citation of the absence of these records is meaningless. There is no way to know if the absence is anomalous without a comparison.

WND.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 03:51:36 AM »

Arguing over the fake or genuine document we HAVE seen is like  ::bashing:: . It's the documents we haven't seen i.e. grade transcripts , college entrance applications , student loans / grant applicatins , etc. which under any other circumstance and in the case of any other individual in high office , would be readily available to a background crazy news media .

I'm absolutely certain that this information will eventually see the light of day but not until long after Stymie is safely out of office and it's too damned late to do anything about it . I only hope I live to see the truth .

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 07:35:08 AM »
They're against its discussion because if it is given serious merit and shown to be fabricated, then there is a constitutional crisis and action on their part is called for. Action that they're unwilling to take. So they couch this cowardice in their bloviations about it being nothing more than ridiculous conspiracy fodder not worthy of serious investigation.

It's a case of not wanting to acknowledge a problem, because acknowledging it will erase the plausibility of the excuse for continued inaction. I was never willing to put much credence in the whole Birther theory, but then when such a flagrantly falsified document was produced -- by the White House itself -- I became much more willing to entertain all of it. When you combine it with the highly unusual paucity of information about who this man is and what he has done, it makes me think the ones with the blinders on are anyone but the Birfers.

Yup!

Now we have the missing Immigration records to throw into the mix.

What it all comes down to is cowardice.  Sheriff Joe isn't cowering in fear over this challenge.  Most everyone else is.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:07 AM »

Arguing over the fake or genuine document we HAVE seen is like  ::bashing:: . It's the documents we haven't seen i.e. grade transcripts , college entrance applications , student loans / grant applicatins , etc. which under any other circumstance and in the case of any other individual in high office , would be readily available to a background crazy news media .

I'm absolutely certain that this information will eventually see the light of day but not until long after Stymie is safely out of office and it's too damned late to do anything about it . I only hope I live to see the truth .

I only hope to live long enough to see the execution of justice!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.