Author Topic: "Republicans" elected, are soft, get thrown out, go full retard, then...  (Read 1909 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Well, if you're in Queensland, after the Liberals (not the Marxist trash of the US) went soft and flirted with carbon taxes, just to be ousted by the Labor Party (yes these are the Marxists), who despite promises, went full retard on the carbon tax, just to

Eco Rout Down Under

How about the "Republicans" winning 78 out of 89 seats?  In a population where the women can choose a religion and Blacks aren't considered too stupid to get an ID, there's hope.  In the US?   ::thinking::

Seriously, I haven't seen numbers like those since Jindal's re-election!   ::laughonfloor::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
"This would mean Labor falling short of official party status and relying on the incoming LNP government to grant it party offices, staff and resources."

I hear the weather can be quite nice in Australia.
 ::thinking::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Read my mind, you did .........
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I've only been to the Perth/Fremantle area back in my sailor days...think California with a lower population and less diVersItY...oh, and the season are the opposite of ours of course.

But I don't know about gun rights, cops don't carry, but crime is much lower, so...but I won't go anywhere I can't own a buttload of guns!

Oh here we go, screw Australia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Australia
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Yes, the hoplophobes made a big gun grab in Australia in the late 90s...1997 I think it was.  It's unfortunate.  I wouldn't write the Aussies off entirely though.  Their history is similar to America's -- a largely-British population migrating to a new and untamed continent, and it led to the development of similar archetypes of rugged individualism.  I hope they can restore sanity to their country just as we hope to do to ours.

As far as potential bug-out destinations, Australia or New Zealand would be at the top of my list.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers

As far as potential bug-out destinations, Australia or New Zealand would be at the top of my list.

Problem is, I think it's pretty difficult as it is, to immigrate to either place. Doing so when TSHTF might be damn near impossible.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

Before the election the Labour (think Democrat) held a small majority in the 89 seat Lower House (House of Representatives).

With over 70% of the vote counted, the results are;

Liberal / National Party coalition (think Republicans – sort of) – 78 seats
Labour (think Democrat) – 7 seats

::thumbsup::

Nothing worse than reformed drunks, smokers, and penal colonists.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We have been trying to increase our military presence there, counter China's string-of-pearls more than anything.

http://www.stratfor.com/situation-report/us-australia-deeper-military-ties-planned

Info on Cocos -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocos_(Keeling)_Islands

Diego Garcia (for reference)  -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Garcia

I don't know why this area holds interest, unless Diego Garcia (directly west of Cocos) is too crowded, but just looking at the map I think it is pretty obvious this is meant to extend surveillance over prime shipping lanes, especially in the Strait of Malacca.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strait_of_Malacca
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.