Author Topic: Nat'l Journal: Writing early narrative? Wishful thinking? Know s'thing we don't?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Get a load of this before it gets yanked:

Could Pennsylvania End Santorum's Political Career Twice?
A Romney upset in Santorum's home state last night could bring the GOP nomination race to a decisive close.

In 2006, Pennsylvania voters ended Rick Santorum’s Senate career. Six years later, could the Keystone State shut down his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination?

Home states have posed critical tests for GOP candidates this year, from Mitt Romney in his birth state of Michigan to Newt Gingrich in Georgia, the state he represented in Congress. Next month’s Pennsylvania primary is a must-win battle for Santorum in the state he served as a congressman and senator for 16 years.

If Santorum fails to win Pennsylvania’s April 24 primary – and there are signs he’s vulnerable here despite his longstanding ties to the state – it could puncture any hope he has of capturing his party’s presidential nomination...

So what's with the "last night"? It is completely out of place and out of context, almost as if the headline was written to be viewed after the Pennsylvania primary, and then the article was retooled to run now, and "last night" was missed in the edit.

Thoughts?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

The comments, not one, caught it.
First thought was cut and paste
but I think you've nailed it.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
I wouldn't doubt that the template has already been set. Journalism is nothing but an elaborate game of Mad Libs, just fill in the blank with names and dates.

Mark Steyn had a good one on Rush's show last Friday. He said the media narrative is so predictable you might as well see headlines like "Muslims Fearful of Backlash After Tomorrow's Bombing"
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
I wouldn't doubt that the template has already been set. Journalism is nothing but an elaborate game of Mad Libs, just fill in the blank with names and dates.

Mark Steyn had a good one on Rush's show last Friday. He said the media narrative is so predictable you might as well see headlines like "Muslims Fearful of Backlash After Tomorrow's Bombing"

LOL.  I listened but I missed that.  Good one.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Nothing stops a good narrative, but blowing the timing?  That's unforgivable!

But thanks, incompetence often provides an opportunity, sure would be nice to see it exploited.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.